The MoFo Top 100 Action Movie Countdown

→ in
Tools    

Nothing good comes from staying with normal people
Deadpool Forgot, would have been on list
Fifth element Forgot, would have been on list
Under siege Considered, selected not to be on the list
Princess Mononoke Haven't seen yet, want to
North by northwest Didn't even consider as action, didn't like it, wouldn't have made the list

Incredibly disappointed by this.

2. Final Fantasy VII: Advent Children
15. The Legend of Drunken Master

What you guys are missing:

Nothing good comes from staying with normal people
Drive Didn't consider, but after a brief think over, could have made my list (if Transporter is on the list, it should back down, apologise and give it's place to Drive
MI 3 Considered, didn't make the list

6 Final Fantasy VII: Advent Children
16 Pitch Black
21 Legend of the Drunken Master (aka Drunken Master II)

I had The Fifth Element at 14. I like North by Northwest a lot, but never considered it for this. Deadpool was decent. Don't care for Mononoke or Miyazaki in general. I don't think I've seen the others.

Welcome to the human race...
Huh, haven't seen Under Siege. I think the only Seagal flick I've seen all the way through is Hard to Kill, which is somewhat amusing but not good by any means.

Otherwise, more "is this action" picks that I may have voted for if I'd thought to (Mononoke being the obvious one - weird that I didn't seriously consider any animated films for this list, but again, that's on me) and, while I am still quite critical of Deadpool, I can't fault it too hard on an action level - the problem obviously being that the aggressively comedic vibe of it all effectively obscures the quality of its action (especially the relatively low-budget work on display).

while I am still quite critical of Deadpool, I can't fault it too hard on an action level - the problem obviously being that the aggressively comedic vibe of it all effectively obscures the quality of its action
Similar thoughts.

Um Fifth Elemet is sure a Sci fI Movie But Its Not Got That Much In It To Be An Action Fair least not compared too other Willis Movies. I like the movie fine but as a sci fi flick.

Raul is probably thinking what movie will show up next. Maybe Grumpy Old Men will make it since its a fishing movie and Matthew almost runs Lemon over in his little hut

Um Fifth Elemet is sure a Sci fI Movie But Its Not Got That Much In It To Be An Action Fair least not compared too other Willis Movies. I like the movie fine but as a sci fi flick.
I'd say it's pretty near equal parts Action, Adventure and Sci-Fi, which is a big reason why I love it despite not liking a lot of Science Fiction. Car chases, shootouts, explosions, witty dialogue. Bruce Willis is John McClane all over again, only in the future.

So only Hollywood films are action?
I didn't see anything there suggesting that Action necessarily equals Hollywood. I just see a list of quintessential action films.

That said, I admit that there was only one non-English language film on my own ballot.

This is just the weirdest list ever
Indeed.

I imagine Omni, Zotis and Guap and the likes are responsible for all that anime crap. And holy smokes is there a lot of movies I would never consider action myself.

2022 Mofo Fantasy Football Champ
Indeed.

I imagine Omni, Zotis and Guap and the likes are responsible for all that anime crap. And holy smokes is there a lot of movies I would never consider action myself.
I wouldn't consider it crap, it just feels out of place IMO. They are more adventure than action.

Ha, that made me laugh! Sometimes I think about the 1950s, they had such cool cars! I really want one of those. But no I wasn't born in the 50s, so I wasn't around back then
I mean't that you are from the 50's in the sense that you like 50's movies.