The Videogames Tab

Tools    

Welcome to the human race...
Currently playing...

The Sims - PC

Yep, the original. After reading Chuck Klosterman's article about The Sims in Sex, Drugs and Cocoa Puffs, I went out and picked up a copy.

Interesting experience to shift back to the original after all the brilliant additions they made in Sims 2 (such as life goals and generations). Makes it rather unthinkable because, after the more focused approach on offer in 2, playing the decidedly aimless original is rather bittersweet.

Still, it's pretty fun training to be astronaut...

The People's Republic of Clogher
I just bought an NDS so it's Final Fantasy III for me. Excellent update.

Anyone else play Team Fortress 2?!

A system of cells interlinked
Currently playing the following:

Pilotwings 64

Excellent.
I spent an entire weekend playing that in winter 1996, it was possibly the last time I enjoyed a game so much.

I hardly ever play video games anymore, mainly because I tend to get too addicted.

The last one I played was Half Life 2. Before that it might have been Dragon Warrior 7 for Sony Playstation.

A system of cells interlinked
Lines: I just finished Dragon Warrior 8:Journey of the Cursed King, and it was fantastic, nostalgic fun. A wholesome series all around, it was a nice change of pace from my usual dark fare (see:Nocturne).

I feel the same about the addiction thing, but I only seem to have that issue with MMORPG games. I am more restrained with single player stuff.

Stuck in the middle with you.
MLB 2K8
Kane & Lynch Dead Men
A li'l bit of COD4 recently got to level 55, I am unstoppable on 360.
When I'm extremely bored:
SCARFACE The world is yours

Will your system be alright, when you dream of home tonight?

At www.linerider.com

I normally only play word, number, and question games. Why? Because I'm an old fart! If they ever get this one done, as they've been talking about doing for years now, I would get it . . . .

Maybe I'm just over-looking it.

The People's Republic of Clogher
Currently playing the following:

Two very dark rpgs there. I got Star Ocean: Until The End of Time and Xenosaga II on eBay the other day.

Can't beat the old PS2 for JRPGs although the DS seems to be getting up a head of steam, especially if Square keep remixing the old NES/SNES Final Fantasy titles. The new FF III is great but I can rarely be bothered staring at a tiny screen for longer than 10 minutes at a time.

It's a good job I got my DS cheap from a friend although someone on the homebrew scene has managed to adapt one of the old Lone Wolf 'choose your own adventure' style books for it. Great memories.

I'm currently playing Forbidden Siren. With FF8 nad the Original GTA for when I'm done. Or perhaps I'll move back to my old Silent Hill games. I own 1-4 on pS1/2.

Meadows and Wook Obsessive
Call Of Duty 4

Easily the best FPS I have ever played in my entire life.

skate.

I've never enjoyed a sports game as much as this. Possibly the most addictive game I've ever played in my life.

He's called Tequila. He's a tough cop.
Currently, I'm playing WoW (just restarted the addiction) and COD4

Both of these are absolutely wonderful games

Ask me a question, any question: Grill a MoFo: Dill-Man

just got a 360 recently

Call of Duty Fo
H3

haven't even started the story mode for COD and i'm half way through finishing the fight on Halo. online multiplyer just kicks so much ass