Christmas Movie Topic

Tools    

Not currently on fire...
I don't really watch any Christmas movies - I have seen the Finish Film Rare Exports (2010) which is very amusing and worth checking out for a subversive take on the Santa Claus myth.

Traditionally my wife and I do rewatch the Fox Cartoon Christmas Specials - although the modern Simpsons episodes are rarely interesting, American Dad and Bob's Burgers usually have some unusual takes on the festive season.

The movie tradition we do have is to watch the old chestnut Airport (1970) when we get our first snow - although this means we have not watched it for a couple of years now.

I hadn't noticed any Christmas horror movies mentioned; though I could have easily missed it.

I do like Silent Night, Bloody Night (1972). Aside from that most of the Christmas horror movies are unfortunately diappointing.

Most of my favorites have already been mentioned including National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation, Die Hard 1 & 2, It's a Wonderful Life, Miracle on 34th Street, and A Christmas Carol (1951).

One I can't stand, I mean aside from even the idea alone of Kirk Cameron's Saving Christmas, is Santa Claus: The Movie (1985).

Thane of Glamis, Thane of Cawdor, & King Hereafter
Christmas horror movies? Didn't know they existed. I'm intrigued! Outside of Silent Night, Bloody Night, are there any others?

Welcome to the human race...
I tend to consider Terry Gilliam's Brazil a Christmas movie - per those recent posts, it's certainly got its fair share of horrific (if blackly comic) moments.

I might suggest to the family to watch It's a Wonderful Life together since it made such a charming lovely effect on me, and I myself will re-watch The Grinch and Nightmare before Christmas, as well of Home Alone, which I did not watch in years, I wonder what my impression of it will be now because I was a child when I saw it.

As well of continuing to watch the 50+ films MoFo's suggested me, as I got stuck around 3rd one because of my Dexter addiction.

It's going to be a home-film Christmas, I can see it.

I hate Christmas, so, I don't like that type of movies. Still so, I can say a few movies that I hate.

Well... one movie...

THIS ****ING MOVIE

In my country pass this movie, I don't know, 500000 TIMES SINCE 20TH DECEMBER!!!!!!!!

I hate all the christmas stuff alike, but... it's impossible not despise this more.

I watched a fantastic classic Christmas Musical last year around this time of the year and it really got me all warm inside. I might watch it again this year.

I'm talking of course about the wonderful:

Christmas horror movies? Didn't know they existed. I'm intrigued! Outside of Silent Night, Bloody Night, are there any others?
Don't Open Till Christmas, Christmas Evil, Silent Night, Deadly Night, Jack Frost, Santa Claws, To All A Good Night. I wholeheartedly second the 74 version of Black Christmas and don't forget there's Gremlins and Child's Play, if you want to include them.

There's plenty of DTV Christmas horrors, too.

Adding to the list that honeykid provided:

The Dorm That Dripped Blood (a.k.a. Pranks) - Not specifically a Christmas slasher movie, just that it takes place over Christmas break and they do have a Christmas party.

Santa's Slay

A Christmas Nightmare

Campfire Tales - One of the stories takes place on Christmas Eve.

Tales From the Crypt (1972) And All Through the House segment.

Do a Google search for The Ultimate Christmas Horror Movie List and you'll find a huge list of movies even remotely related to Christmas.

I'm not old, you're just 12.
Adding to the list that honeykid provided:

The Dorm That Dripped Blood (a.k.a. Pranks) - Not specifically a Christmas slasher movie, just that it takes place over Christmas break and they do have a Christmas party.

Santa's Slay

A Christmas Nightmare

Campfire Tales - One of the stories takes place on Christmas Eve.

Tales From the Crypt (1972) And All Through the House segment.

Do a Google search for The Ultimate Christmas Horror Movie List and you'll find a huge list of movies even remotely related to Christmas.
I absolutely LOVE Santa's Slay! It's stupid, but in an awesome, hilarious way.

https://shawnsmovienight.blogspot.com/

Christmas Horror? yeah it exist .. not in just English speaking films as well

That's not Christmas, though. It's Sinterklaas, which is something that's only celebrated in Belgium and The Netherlands.

To be fair, it's set on the 6th of december, which is pretty close to Christmas.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sinterklaas

There's this:

Silent Night Deadly Night 2

So I got an email today from the Nordic Movie Blog I follow..

Here is one for everyone..

And when I'm all alone I feel I don't wanna hide
No mention for Terry Zwigoff's cynical and darkly comic Bad Santa? It's a film I watch annually, and one that never ceases to leave me in stitches. Yes, it's mean-spirited, yes, it's world-weary, and yes, it's stony-hearted, but beyond all of its pessimism and social misfits, it spawns an emotional core and actually treats its characters with care. A great work.