Best TV show series endings

Tools    

RightUpTheLittleTramps@ss !
Ok so what are they?

One of them for me would be from Scrubs. I loved how they showed every person Dr. JD ever helped, loved, etc during the series. It was very emotional too.

Arnie Cunningham- Right up the little tramps @ss!

Endings as in the actual ending to the show or the final episode? In both cases I would go with Angel, the spin off to Buffy The Vampire Slayer.

WARNING: "Angel series finale" spoilers below
The last scene where the A Team, with half of them badly damaged waiting in the pouring rain while the Senoir Partners call upon an army of demons including this HUGE goliath lookin' mofo and a dragon. Knowing the inevitable, they all go on to fight the army and then the series just ends! Wicked.

Tons of great choices, but I've always been found of Star Trek: The Next Generation, which is a bit to elaborate to detail here, and Quantum Leap. Ya'll can Wikipedia them if you want, as I won't dare spoil either. Speaking of which, some of you guys might want to wrap some of the descriptions above in spoiler tags.

arrested devopement

I enjoyed the way Trailer Park Boys ended, for suck a messed up show it was a pretty happy ending.
I don't know.
Is it Captain Howdy?

The Boston-set medical drama "St. Elsewhere" had a great finale. Throughout the last episode they had nods to other famous TV endings that preceeded it, including the search for and capture of a one-armed patient named Kimble ("The Fugitive") and group hug waddling toward a box of Kleenex ("The Mary Tyler Moore Show"). But they saved the big send off for something all of their own: in the final scene of the series we learn that the entire world of "St. Elsewhere" has been the unspoken imagination of an autistic boy who has a snow globe with the brick building of St. Eligus Hospital inside of it (the opening credits always began with a shot of the hospital in snowfall). The boy, played by Chad Allen, had been a character in the show, also an Autistic child. In the final scene we see his father, Ed Flanders, who played the compassionate chief of staff at the hospital Dr. Donald Westphall, is just a blue collar worker struggling to make ends meet and the boy's grandfather is Norman Lloyd, who played the elder Dr. Daniel Auschlander.

This Wizard of Oz-ish ending is a cheat and conceit, of course, and there is no way a young Autistic child could have possibly imagined a world with such precise and in-depth medical terminology or any understanding of complex adult interpersonal relationships, not to mention rape and shootings and everything else that went on there, but as a kicker to an inventive series it kinda works in spite of itself.

But my choice for the best of the best, it's the final scene of "Newhart". This is also an 'it was all just a dream' send off, but such a clever and perfect one that it will live forever in TV lore. "Newhart" (1982-1990), about a deadpan Vermont inn owner surrounded by eccentric characters was of course Bob Newhart's second hit television series following "The Bob Newhart Show" (1972-1978) which was about a deadpan Chicago psychotherapist surrounded by eccentric characters. In a moment of self-referential irreverence the second series ends as an elaborate dream of the character in the first series, with Suzanne Pleshette reprising her most famous role....

"Film is a disease. When it infects your bloodstream it takes over as the number one hormone. It bosses the enzymes, directs the pineal gland, plays Iago to your psyche. As with heroin, the antidote to Film is more Film." - Frank Capra

Really wanted to put a youtube clip up for the finale of Twin Peaks but got shown that myself before getting to watch the show which was bit of a bum. Anyway, the second season got a bit choppy here and there for this and that reason but Lynch returning to direct the final episode contains some brilliantly haunting surreality, in the style that only he can deliver. The final scenes in the Black Lodge return the show to the level of greatness established in the first season with it's red drapes, midgets and backward talking, plus Bob is pretty scary. The final scene was bit of a shocker and still remains as an unelaborated cliffhanging twist

Nothing beats the ending of Twin Peaks, not only the last episode as a whole but the final scene/shot. There are moments in the episode (and elsewhere in the series, too, for that matter) that are a million times scarier than any horror movie I've seen.

Manolo, Shoot That Piece Of Sh*t!
I was satisfied by the ending of 'Friends', it all worked out for everybody. Hope they will ever make a movie like about what happened after...

Spikez's DVD Collection

Last Movie Seen: The Breakfast Club