Terminator Reboot... A Stand Alone Trilogy

Tools    

Ive not seen it yet, but I heard that the remake of Total Recall was pretty good. Keeping in mind I havent seen the new one, but saw the original and Mr Devils Angel hasnt seen the original but has seen the remake.

So maybe a remake of Terminator could suprise you.

I guess im just trying to keep optimistic cause theres so much potential to doing it.

The Bib-iest of Nickels
I don't really care one way or the other considering that I didn't care one way or the other about the original series, however, I will say that if they can reboot it in a similar way to what Christopher Nolan rebooted Batman, then audiences will likely forgive the fact. If they can make it as different from the original as possible, that would also be a plus.

Reboots, die in a fire already.
lol well said

A system of cells interlinked
I don't really care one way or the other considering that I didn't care one way or the other about the original series, however, I will say that if they can reboot it in a similar way to what Christopher Nolan rebooted Batman, then audiences will likely forgive the fact. If they can make it as different from the original as possible, that would also be a plus.

Or a minus, seeing as how the first movie is awesome. When you say as different as possible, do you mean the Terminator should be a lemur and be chasing a pink dinosaur with turtles coming out of it's ears? That's about as different as you can get, and that version sounds terrible.

Let's consider another Arnold series, the aforementioned Total Recall. While there are many things I like about the remake, and technically, Farrell is a better actor than Arnold, he wasn't as good in the role. Now consider the fact that The Terminator is just iconic, and I will go as far as to state that there is absolutely no one else that will be able to play the Terminator role anywhere near as well as Arnold.

This role has nothing to do with the actor conjuring up histrionics on command, nothing to do with a stellar turn in the emotional climax...this actor has to BE the Terminator.

Grab T2 and call up the scene in the parking lot just after T-100 rescues Edward Whiney-Pants from the T-1000. There is a sequence where T-100 is standing guard while the boy does this or that. Arnold is a machine in that scene. He looks like a cyborg. His subtle head movements, his posture, his imposing form. Arnold carved that character out in a way that will shatter any subsequent attempts at playing it.

I dunno, maybe (unwise) kids that have never seen or heard of the original might buy some other clown as the titular character, but any fans of the original films probably won't.

I agree with that, Arnie will forever be the one true Terminator, BUT Terminator Salvation managed to be a really good film with no input from him at all.

\m/ Fade To Black \m/
I really enjoyed Terminator Salvation, thought Bale and Worthington were pretty awesome in it. In a way I am dis-hardened that the next film isnt following on with the story with Bale as John Connor.

My only wish is that they make it a completely new concept, with just a few links for the first series.

T1, T2 just great! T3, T4, yuck! T4 had better visuals, but still a did not like it.

The new Terminator will have co-existing alternate realities where the machines both won/lost. Skynet's original plan wasn't just to kill JC but an experiment to test the nature of time itself. Skynet discovered by trying to eliminate JC that changing the past actually creates whole new timelines, so merely killing JC is no longer its primary goal. Instead it seeks to spread throughout the multiverse and merge all timelines under its rule. It decides that the only way to completely negate opposition is through control of life on earth. But to go back far enough in time, it needs a massive amount of energy and a bigger better time machine. Skynet begins harvesting energy from parallels while also building an ultimate Skynet-Terminator that can self-replicate into a cyborg army. Once it gets there, it finds no life anywhere and then realizes Skynet itself began life on earth with its own organic shell.
#31 on SC's Top 100 Mofos list!!

Ok... news in...

Terminator 5/reboot... pencilled in as Terminator Genesis...

... they're going to be casting yet another actor for the role of John Connor... Jason Clarke (Zero Dark Thirty) is in talks right now.
This will mark the 7th actor to play the role.

A new actress for Sarah Connor too, skinny waif Emilia Clarke (Game Of Thrones, no relation to Jason Clarke though) marking the 3rd actress to play Sarah.

Not sure if I care any more.

A system of cells interlinked
Clarke isn't the only one up for the role of Sarah Connor, and in my opinion, is not the strongest actress in the running.

The role should most certainly go to Tatiana Maslany (Orphan Black). I can pretty much watch her all day, and no, not because she is smokin hot (which she admittedly is). She has chops to spare, and much more range than Chesty McDragon from Game of Thrones, IMO.

This girl... have you seen Orphan Black? I watched the first season of the show (a mere 10 episodes), and was blown away by her range and dedication to the work she is doing. She has a classical dance background, and she plays multiple characters on the same show. To get into character(s), she uses different types of music and dance approaches to create different characterizations that focus on changing up body language, posture, movement etc., and the results are fantastic. She is so good!

OB is my favorite show on TV right now, and it's mostly because of the work this actress is doing. Not to mention the writing is water-tight, and the rest of the cast bring it, as well.

Keep an eye on this actress! I think she is a shoe-in for the iconic role of Sarah Conner, leaving the other candidates in the dust.

Come the day this technology is available, I'm going to send terminators back to kill the ancestors of whoever thought of doing a reboot.