Rate The Last Movie You Saw

Tools    

I'd put that in my worst 20 films of all time.
That's going a bit far I'd say. Often quite dumb, sure, and nowhere near any of SJ's top films, but a fairly enjoyable watch I thought.

Edit: Or have you never seen much more than 20 films?

28 days...6 hours...42 minutes...12 seconds
True Romance may have been directed by Tony Scott, but it's got Tarantino all over it. Personally I'd say that - especially with someone who has a specific style like Tarantino - many movies belong just as much to their writer as they do to their director.

On that note, I certainly don't consider Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind to be a Michel Gondry film, even though it is. I consider it a Charlie Kaufman film. Similarly, I associate Being John Malkovich more with Kaufman than I do with Jonze, even though Jonze is quirky on his own.
Because people should take the feelings of directors - and your sensibilities in regards to what makes something a particular person's movie - into account when expressing their opinions?
Right, so Natural Born Killers is a Tarantino film too, right? Give me a break. I don't care about director sensitivity, it's just basic FACTS that I'm looking for. It is not a Tarantino movie....period. It's a Tony Scott movie.

Like I mentioned prior, the script was different; different ending, different structure. Different film.

Is From Dusk Till Dawn a Tarantino movie? No.

Don't even get me started on the inane comment of Se7en being a Walker film.

Suspect's Reviews

You can't win an argument just by being right!
I dont think I've seen it. Stellar lineup of actors.

I don't care about director sensitivity, it's just basic FACTS that I'm looking for.
"I'd say that's an insult to both Tony Scott and Quentin Tarantino." - Your exact words, dude.

It's a Tony Scott movie.
And a Quentin Tarantino movie.

Is From Dusk Till Dawn a Tarantino movie?
Yes. And a Robert Rodriquez movie.

You talk about inane comments, but you're the one bitching about a 3 sentence post in the The Rate the Last Movie You Saw thread.

28 days...6 hours...42 minutes...12 seconds
"I'd say that's an insult to both Tony Scott and Quentin Tarantino." - Your exact words, dude.
So? Sensitivity is not an issue here, again, FACTS are. How is sensitivity going to be an issue for a dead guy?

And a Quentin Tarantino movie.

Yes. And a Robert Rodriquez movie.

You talk about inane comments, but you're the one bitching about a 3 sentence post in the The Rate the Last Movie You Saw thread.
No, now I'm bitching about you and your inane comments. My post wasn't bitching, it was a discussion. Your comments on the other hand.

Very Presidential.

You can't win an argument just by being right!
Would be a good thread, TUS. I dont know who I would say 'owns' the movie.

Also, you conveniently failed to acknowledge Natural Born Killers as a Tarantino movie.
I deleted that part accidentally and didn't care enough to go back. It's not an exception to anything I've said.

You can't fight in here.This is the War room!
The Babushkas of Chernobyl 8/10

Acasă la tata 6/10

Toata lumea din familia noastra 8/10

Sieranevada 9/10

Bacalaureat 7/10

Câini 8/10

Doua lozuri 7/10

You can't fight in here.This is the War room!
Thanks Stanley. Got some movie watching inspiration there.
you can find "acasa la tata" "toata lumea din familia noastra" and "doua lozuri" on youtube.the name of the youtube channel is "cinepub"

Finished here. It's been fun.
Antigone

The elegance of the compositions kept me interested, but I was unable to engage with the film on an intellectual or emotional level. I'll continue viewing Straub/Huillet films...yet I can't help but feel that their films simply are not for me.

Finished here. It's been fun.
Abraham Lincoln
+

The opening acts promised a masterwork akin to Ford's Young Mr. Lincoln. Walter Huston's performance is one of the best I've seen in ages, and the photography - as typical of Griffith - is terrific. The film, however, doesn't possess any narrative flow; we see several moments in Lincoln's life, but it's all at a distance, and without any semblance of cohesion. There's a masterpiece in here somewhere...just not in its current state.