I have an idea for a movie.

Tools    

Dear members,
I have an idea for a movie. I would like to see this idea become a movie.
I've been trying to film and write the story, but I did not succeed. So it would be better if a screenwriter and the crew does that for me.
Which Belgian or Dutch film studio is interested in movie ideas? I've heard of someone (a friend) who had sent the idea for fun and actually had gotten back a positive response from the film studio.
I scratching the money that is needed with a crowdfunding (eg. Kickstarter) together.

What I have done to realize the film:
- I tried to write the script.
- I looked up information on the subject of the film (and kept in a folder)
- I got the movie reenacted with my niece and nephew, respectively 9 and 7 years.

Sorry if you find any errors in my text, I'm Belgian.

Obviously not your first language, no big deal, but just a heads up
To "reenact" something means it has happened before. Unless your script is based on a true story, it's not a reenactment.

Please Quote/Tag Or I'll Miss Your Responses
Spraaykt nederlands? ik ben een "writer" (sorry, my dutch is na lekker

Concentrate on the stuff you're good at, I'm sure there's a writer near your area. I would make the film as you wish, and then if a film wants it, great, if not, you still have it. The reward is in the work... Or try to write. I don't know the style you like, but keep an open ear to see how people talk, and use your own voice and thoughts.

Dear members,
I have an idea for a movie. I would like to see this idea become a movie.
I've been trying to film and write the story, but I did not succeed. So it would be better if a screenwriter and the crew does that for me.
Which Belgian or Dutch film studio is interested in movie ideas? I've heard of someone (a friend) who had sent the idea for fun and actually had gotten back a positive response from the film studio.
I scratching the money that is needed with a crowdfunding (eg. Kickstarter) together.

What I have done to realize the film:
- I tried to write the script.
- I looked up information on the subject of the film (and kept in a folder)
- I got the movie reenacted with my niece and nephew, respectively 9 and 7 years.

Sorry if you find any errors in my text, I'm Belgian.
You should speak to Cobpyth, he's Belgian

To "reenact" something means it has happened before. Unless your script is based on a true story, it's not a reenactment.
I "reenact" my movie idea first in the form of a drama, so I have an idea of how the final version of the film should look.

He understood what you meant, he was explaining why that was the wrong choice of word, because you had mentioned that English was not your first language.

That's right.
But, how can I find a film studio, screenwriter and director?
I have to realize it as early as possible.

That guy with the Alien avatar.
Give me a basic play-by-play step-by-step outline and I'll write the screenplay for ya. (Although I'm really only good at writing horror, sci-fi and action, and drama depending on whether or not it has a sci-fi/fantasy element to it).

Give me a basic play-by-play step-by-step outline and I'll write the screenplay for ya. (Although I'm really only good at writing horror, sci-fi and action, and drama depending on whether or not it has a sci-fi/fantasy element to it).
I'm looking for other potential screenwriters. If I do not find it, then I ask you to write the script.
Your script "Alien Horizon" is beautifully written!

Well, at which movie studio I have a chance to realize my movie idea?

There's no way someone can know that. But regardless, I'm pretty sure people who successfully pitch ideas to major movie studios out of the blue are basically unheard of. Ideas are not especially valuable by themselves, however great the person who has it may think it is (and in my experience, they usually have a very inflated notion of the idea's quality). The hard part is turning it into an actual script, and then an actual movie.

The absolute best thing you can do is make your own movies. Even small-budget affairs. Barring that, you want to get as far along in that process as possible. Pitching a script isn't likely to work out of the blue, either, but it's better than just pitching a concept.

As an amateur screenwriter you need to learn how to write a script if you are serious in anyway of making this happen. It is difficult. It is hard. It will take you a long time to get it down.

Or just work on it as a fun hobby and be happy with what you have knowing that's all it will be. But Youtube is a thing right?

Be a freak, like me too
I'm sorry, C2000, but it doesn't work like that. In Belgium (I lived in Belgium for two years), it's like in France, you can't go in a "studio" (there are no major studios in Belgium like in the US...) : "Hey, I have a great idea, listen to me".
You have to write a production dossier with :
- a pitch
- the script
- a word about why you want to do this film, how and blah-blah-blah
- a resume

It's important to have an experience in cinema and broadcasting. And if you want to have a screenwriter or a director, you have to be in the cinema and broadcasting circles.

At this point I think I'll just save a boilerplate response to every one of these threads, which will (in more subtle, artful terms) will say something like "Almost nobody's ideas are as good as they think, and ideas are not enough, anyway. Put work into something."

The reason everyone wants to make money with ideas is that having ideas is easy. Turning them into something is not. This is precisely why having ideas is not especially valuable.

The idea that you can break into a coveted industry with an idea is nuts.

Good advice Yoda. An idea by itself is worthless as everybody has them. They mean nothing.

I'm in a similar boat as the OP, as in I had an idea for a movie I felt very strongly about after talking a beginner screenwriting class many years ago. But I never did anything with it and it just stayed in my head. I talked about it so often though that it became a running joke among my friends. So two years ago I made a vow I was going to finally put my ideas down by finishing my screenplay.

I relearned proper screenplay format and wrote whenever I could. Often getting up at 5am just to write a few pages before work. It took months. But finally I finished! And it was awful! Bloated at over 160 pages, full of typos, run on scenes and bland dialogue. I coulda stopped there and said I did what I set out to do by finishing it but it still wasn't the best version of the idea I originally had in my head. So I began rewriting a 2nd draft the day after I finished. And a 3rd. And a 4th. Each time i got a little shorter, the plot a bit tighter, my charterers more interesting. I think I rewrote that sucker up to 7 or 8 times before I finally took it to the highest point I could. This all took roughly two years.

But I will say this. I have a kick ass script that isn't an idea anymore. It's awesome and one day I'm gonna sell it. It's good. I know because I put in the labor, love, and time. That's the dedication you need to make your ideas reality.

That's awesome camx. Unfortunately I have heard something along the lines of anywhere in LA you're never more than 5 ft from a screen play.

There is a lot more to selling a script than a fantastic story.
What demographic does it target? Women over 25? Men under 25? How much of a budget will it take.

These questions alone can prevent a great story from ever being made.

Why not enter your screen play into a contest? If you win, that can get you as attention as a screen writer and maybe get your film made.

Thanks!

It is a western inspired by a very popular and successful Japanese anime. Lots of westerns have been inspired by samurai flicks and vice versa and my script follows in that tradition. The budget, like most westerns would be low. I've received positive coverage and have sent out hundreds of query letters trying to get lucky. But being a newb writer I know I'm a snowball in hell here.

I haven't entered it into contest yet for the sad reason of tight family budgets. Soon hopefully. But I have looked into adapting it into a graphic novel as a way to raise awareness of the property. I did find an artist willing to share it with me and draw it but am waiting for his schedule to clear up. Writing is only half the work. You gotta go and be relentless about selling it.

Thirty year old mulberry field
I guess the issue is that ideas are a dime a dozen. Everyone has good ideas for movies, but that means just about **** all unless you can execute them well. A bad idea turned into a great movie is always better than a great idea turned into a piece of ****.

Also, ideas are far and away the easiest part. Baring payment, why would anyone want to be on board when they have ideas of their own? Sounds like you want to take the easy route, but it doesn't quite work that way. People spend years and years becoming good at this, and most of them don't even make it. If you wanna do the crime, you gotta do the time (see what I did there?).

You mentioned a kickstarter, though. What's your budget? Perhaps you're interested in filling the role of a producer?