What was the last movie you saw at the theaters?

Tools    

The last movie I saw in the cinema was Shrek 3. I enjoyed it and thought it was funny in spots. It was still not a good as the orignal IMO.

Oh my gosh, I haven't been to the theater for SO long. I have a pretty good home entertainment system and I usually just rent movies and watch them by myself. So to be completely honest, the last theater movie I saw was The Da Vinci Code a year ago...

I actually was about to see La Vie en Rose today and I was super excited but then I found out the closest theater it plays at is like an hour away.

You ready? You look ready.
Yea, Holden was spot on with Live Free or Die Hard. I'd give it a D+, though. But hey, just look at my user name.

Die Hard - A+
Die Hard 2: Die Harder - C+
Die Hard: With a Vengeance - B+
Live Free or Die Hard - D+
"This is that human freedom, which all boast that they possess, and which consists solely in the fact, that men are conscious of their own desire, but are ignorant of the causes whereby that desire has been determined." -Baruch Spinoza

Yea, Holden was spot on with Live Free or Die Hard. I'd give it a D+, though. But hey, just look at my user name.

Die Hard - A+
Die Hard 2: Die Harder - C+
Die Hard: With a Vengeance - B+
Live Free or Die Hard - D+

Hmm, I see you're a die hard...um, Die Hard fan then? So as a fan you wouldn't really recommend Die Hard 4.0 to anybody, eh?

Anyways, last film I saw was the Hitchcockian style thriller Vacancy which I give ** 1/2 to. The half star goes to that bloke from Pulp Fiction who's dressed up in Ned Flanders flare. What a bleedin' creep!

Hmm, I see you're a die hard...um, Die Hard fan then? So as a fan you wouldn't really recommend Die Hard 4.0 to anybody, eh?
Oh yea, I'm a die hard Die Hard fan. It's the greatest action film of all time and my absolute favorite movie (Blade Runner came oh so close, though).

As a Die Hard maniac, I would NEVER recommend Live Free or Die Hard to anyone; ever. Pretend it doesn't exist, ignore it. I would recommend, however, that a large group of people hunt down every single copy of the movie and burn them. Then erase the memory of millions just to make sure it's never included in the Die Hard trilogy.

Celluloid Temptation Facilitator
You know another thing that was great about the latest Die Hard movie? Very little of it was CGI.

We saw The Invisible today. The kids and I enjoyed it. I would like to see the original version though.

You know another thing that was great about the latest Die Hard movie? Very little of it was CGI.
Are you kidding me? You have to be, it had a lot of CGI. The beauty of the first three were, they didn't have CGI. They had to use models. Highly detailed models > CGI.

Are you kidding me? You have to be, it had a lot of CGI. The beauty of the first three were, they didn't have CGI. They had to use models. Highly detailed models > CGI.

Judging from the trailer, the film looks fairliy CGI heavy. I'll still see it though for the sake of seeing it. But I agree that the previous Die Hard installments were good because they had a bare-knuckled and gritty feel when it came to the action/fight sequences. I don't mind CGI as long as it looks believable in the movieverse it's representing.The CGI in Batman Begins is not even noticable that much, bar the last train sequence where, admittedly, it looked a bit shoddy. There is very little CGI in it, but the CGI in Christopher (budding legend) Nolan's Batman is pretty effective and used only when necessary. Other filmmakers should take the same approach.

Yesterday took my little niece(7) to see Ratatouille. It was very good and we both enjoyed are self.

Celluloid Temptation Facilitator
Just saw Hot Fuzz! Those Shawn of the Dead guys didn't let me down at all! It was a very funny film. Of course I prefer zombies to fuzz but even so, we enjoyed it!

Pirates of the Caribbean (Soon Transformers or Harry Potter 5)

Hello all! This is my first post here.

I've actually been to the theatre a lot recently. I've watched more movies in the past month at the theatre than I did the past year.

My g/f and I got a screen pass to see Rattattoui so we took her daughter. I kind of feel bad for Pixar. After making great movies like Nemo, Incredibles, and Monsters Inc. they have a lot to live up to which their past two films haven't been able to do. I enjoyed both Cars and Rattattoui, but I do see laying down $15-20 to add it to my collection. 2 1/2 *

That same night, which was our anniversary, we left the little one at home and caught Fantastic Four. I'm really not familiar with their story line, but from what some of my fan boy friends say they kept to the story line which I think is a crucial for comic book movies. I did enjoy the movie, but it didn't seem to have the charisma, and energy that the first one did. For only being an hour and a half long it had too many slow moments for me. 3*

Yesterday I took my daughter, g/f, and her daughter to see Shrek 3. I heard bad things about it so I was suprised that I got quite a few good laughs out of it. I'm hoping they end the franchise with this addition. Part three wasn't nearly as good as the first two, but was just good enough to make me not feel robbed for having payed to see it in the theatre. 3*

It is hard to say what I would like to see next. I most likely won't catch any more of the block busters in the theatre. We were lucky to have a baby sitter to see FF.

If I had to choose I would say Spiderman 3 despite it's bad reviews, and the new Harry Potter looks promising.

Put me in your pocket...
We just saw Ratatouille and really liked it. It's interesting to see every age group was in the theater watching this. The animation ws great and I liked the voices. If anyone has little ones they're taking to this my only caution is in the begining when our hero is first seperated from his 'clan'/family. He's journey looks as if he could drown....one little girl in the theater was crying and definatly upset by this scene. For little ones I'd let them know in advance that our hero rat makes it out ok to continue his journey of self discovery and reunites with his family at some point. Anyway...there's something in this movie for every age to appreciate...including the ending. Loved the critic's speech.

Yesterday I took my daughter, g/f, and her daughter to see Shrek 3. I heard bad things about it so I was suprised that I got quite a few good laughs out of it. I'm hoping they end the franchise with this addition. Part three wasn't nearly as good as the first two, but was just good enough to make me not feel robbed for having payed to see it in the theatre. 3*
Welcome to MoFo Aerandir. We felt the sme way about Shrek the Third. It was cute, but still not as good as the first or second.

We also recently saw Surfs Up. I think I liked it better than Happy Feet. Loved all of the voices.

I saw this with my girlfriend yesterday. In short: it was wonderful and thought provoking, it lacked the grittiness and ugliness of a torrid horror flick, but with its PG13 rating it did well, as well as a PG13 horror flick can do IMO. 3 outta 4 .

28 days...6 hours...42 minutes...12 seconds
1408 - Highly recommended to anyone looking for a good scar that does not involve puking your guts out.

Live Free Or Die Hard - Do not believe what they are telling you. This over-the-top action film is the most fun you'll have this summer (still have to see transformers)

Suspect's Reviews

Hello all! This is my first post here.
Hope to see you around the site

Aspiring actor/Budding *******
You know I just Saw Die Hard 4 last night, and I'll tell you something: I enjoyed myself. I mean, sure It's nowhere near as good as the original and I noticed some minor plot flaws but it was a solid action flick. I was entertained, and entertainment is why we see movies. REALISM is not why we see movies.

Die Hard 4.0- bar Kevin Smith, think it worked and was pretty good; McClane wasn't too much of a superhero and would say it's best film this summer possibly. I did have rather low opinions though.