Favorite Visually-beautiful films

Tools    

And when I'm all alone I feel I don't wanna hide
BUT WAIT! THERES MYORE! Matthew LillardTM

Why not add some Only God Forgives while we're at it?

Sorry if I'm rude but I'm right
Only Ozu's films may not be that impressive visually among my top 5 directors.
Though not as impressive as films of directors you listed before, Ozu films are still pretty good-looking. I like the use of hues in his colour films and calm cinematography of Tokyo Story.
Look, I'm not judging you - after all, I'm posting here myself, but maybe, just maybe, if you spent less time here and more time watching films, maybe, and I stress, maybe your taste would be of some value. Just a thought, ya know.

And when I'm all alone I feel I don't wanna hide
Though not as impressive as films of directors you listed before, Ozu films are still pretty good-looking. I like the use of hues in his colour films and calm cinematography of Tokyo Story.
Agreed.

His "pillow shots" in most of his films are really well done.

Gangster Rap is Shakespeare for the Future
Only Ozu's films may not be that impressive visually among my top 5 directors.
Ozu's films are not visually impressive on a grand scale. There are no vistas or Malickian fields of wheat or complex lighting. What Ozu does have is careful, complex compositions. Ozu tossed continuity aside in order to maintain balanced and complex imagery, cramming objects into the corner of the frame. I always love watching the interactions between the different parts of the Japanese houses shown in his shots since he often framed through multiple doorways with complex planes of view.

Ozu's visual became more complex in his color films, where he carefully placed each and every item in a scene, providing splashes of brilliant color throughout. Often in a late Ozu film, you'll find patterns that match clothing, the same colors in similar areas of the shot between cuts, and a generally great sense of placement.

Look at this still from Late Autumn (an Ozu I was able to see in 35mm, it was brilliant). Notice the blanket in the slight lower left, resonated with the bottles in the extreme lower left. There's another red blanket in the lower right, and the patterns on the woman's dress that don't exactly match the doors, but compliment them nicely. Ozu is one of my favorite visual masters.

Chinatown, Pan's Labyrinth and Avatar comes to mind.

There are lot of great movies, the majority of Stanley Kubrick movies for example. But if i have to pick one, i choose Lawrence of Arabia, visually is perfect.

Anything by Tarsem Singh.

I've not yet seen Immortals or Mirror, Mirror, but what I have seen of them in clips, stills, and trailers are beautiful to look at. I have seen The Cell and The Fall and they are absolutely stunning.

Finished here. It's been fun.
I think the film Dark City is beautiful visually in a very dark,gritty,nightmarish' sort of way. That is one mighty good looking film right there.

Mulholland Dr. is very nice to look at, it really does have beautiful dream-like photography.

Though this film has very mixed reviews, What Dreams May Come is a gorgeous looking movie. Stunning even.

Once Upon a Time in America is quite a looker too. Beautiful film especially the breathtaking score.

Once Upon a Time in America is quite a looker too. Beautiful film especially the breathtaking score.
I was just going to post that! Such a stunning film.

http://bradmovietalk.blogspot.co.uk/?m=0

I think the film Dark City is beautiful visually in a very dark,gritty,nightmarish' sort of way. That is one mighty good looking film right there.

Mulholland Dr. is very nice to look at, it really does have beautiful dream-like photography.

Though this film has very mixed reviews, What Dreams May Come is a gorgeous looking movie. Stunning even.
Agree on those three!
#31 on SC's Top 100 Mofos list!!

I concur.

Blue Velvet is another excellent looking film. It was my very 1st time viewing anything Lynch so i didn't really love the first viewing. Then i viewed Twin Peaks,Mulholland Dr.(masterpiece), Lost Highway(great),and some of his other films and then came back to it. It is very good looking./ P.S you guys I'm relatively new to this website, so how do I post photos? It says put in the URL. What does that mean?

Drive
Only God Forgives
LOTR
Django Unchained
The Dark Knight
Here, if you have a milkshake, and I have a milkshake, and I have a straw. There it is, that's a straw, you see? You watching?. And my straw reaches acroooooooss the room, and starts to drink your milkshake... I... drink... your... milkshake!
-Daniel, There Will Be Blood