The MoFo Top 100 Documentaries Countdown

→ in
Tools    

(Stevan Riley, 2015)
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt4145178/

39 POINTS
3 LISTS
"Don't be so gloomy. After all it's not that awful. Like the fella says, in Italy for 30 years under the Borgias they had warfare, terror, murder, and bloodshed, but they produced Michelangelo, Leonardo da Vinci, and the Renaissance. In Switzerland they had brotherly love - they had 500 years of democracy and peace, and what did that produce? The cuckoo clock."

Bright light. Bright light. Uh oh.
I've seen all eight, and I still think they're all worth watching, so that makes the bottom eight of this countdown probably the best for me.

I think March Of The Penguins is the first to show up to which my initial reaction a slightly disappointed "aw". It's ok it just.... It's such bollocks.

Didn't love March Of The Penguins but it has been ten years. I just always leave nature docs thinking "oh that was nice". Need to see Listen To Marlon, I have heard good things.

March of the Penguins is only the second i have seen, i don't remember it all that well since like Sean i watched it when it was just released but i do remember quite liking it at the time. The buzz around that doc was pretty massive at the time.

Really want to see Listen to Me Marlon. Hope that means another 2015 doc might make it.

Master of My Domain
March of the Penguins is kinda overrated IMO, but I guess it isn't fair to say that as I haven't seen the doc in many years.

Thought both of these would be higher,haven't seen the Brando one... but I watched March of the Penguins as a child, definitely submerged me at that age. I remember liking it quite a bit

The People's Republic of Clogher
If my mum had voted, she'd have had March of the Penguins pretty high...

Unregistered User
If my mum had voted, she'd have had March of the Penguins pretty high...
My 5 year old daughter too. She's probably have it quite high on her list i imagine.

For anyone in the U.S. who has access to Showtime OnDemand, Listen to Me Marlon is currently available there.

"Film is a disease. When it infects your bloodstream it takes over as the number one hormone. It bosses the enzymes, directs the pineal gland, plays Iago to your psyche. As with heroin, the antidote to Film is more Film." - Frank Capra

If they were part of the site, I'd be happy to have their votes. What I'd really like to see is two countdowns per genre. An initial countdown with lists put forward reflecting the sites choices. Then, five or six months down the line, after watching for the lists as some people do now, a revised list. I think it'd be interesting to see how things had changed.

The People's Republic of Clogher
My 5 year old daughter too. She's probably have it quite high on her list i imagine.
At least your 5 year old didn't buy you The Expendables for Christmas last year. I'm hoping.