Ryan Reynolds

Tools    

Well, he is pretty damn sexy for starters..

But he also has some movies that I love. I think he can be a diverse type of actor and can play in any type of movie.

I love him in the movie The Proposal, where is is witty and funny.
Then his more serious role in the X-Men: Wolverine Origins movie.
Not to mention that suspenseful movie where he is buried alive.

I think he is a good actor. Your thoughts?

I agree with Buried, that was a very good film.
I also thought he did an excellent job in the 2005 version of The Amityville Horror.

He hasn't blown me away yet to the point where I'd be excited to see a movie because he's in it. But he's likable enough and hasn't been a negative in anything I've seen him in. I really liked Safe House a lot more than I thought I would, but of course Denzel Washington had something to do with that.

28 days...6 hours...42 minutes...12 seconds
I prefer the other Canadian named Ryan, but Reynolds is doing well for himself and I enjoy what he's done so far.

Suspect's Reviews

The Bib-iest of Nickels
He hasn't too greatly impressed me, but he hasn't necessarily failed me either. He's simply Ryan Reynolds.

2022 Mofo Fantasy Football Champ
His "best" performance is probably The Amityville Horror. I did enjoy him in Van Wilder though and Waiting was hilarious as well.

Miss Vicky's Loyal and Willing Slave
I've got to say I've always really liked Reynolds since watching him on Two Guys and a Girl back in the day. I think he's a very funny and charming guy, though I think he's still waiting for a really great comedy that people will associate him with. Although I've not seen Waiting which seems to have some big fans here.

Definitely Maybe and The Proposal are both really nice little rom-coms. I thought Van Wilder was great at the time but I was stupid then and haven't seen since it was released. He was the best thing about X-Men Origins: Wolverine. Green Lantern kinda stunk. Got a couple of his films I still need to watch such as The Nines and Safe House. And I really fancied Buried but as someone with quite a strong case of claustraphobia there was no way I was going to watch it on a massive big screen and feel like I was trapped in there with him. Decided to wait and watch it in comfort at home on a much smaller screen.

I'm also kind of curious about R.I.P.D. I think it's one of those films that really could go either way; could be really good fun, or could be just awful.

Reynolds is a strange one for me.

I find myself wanting to not like him... yet he always makes an impression and is always laugh-out-loud funny.

I don't think he's ever made a performance I've disliked... although, saying that, he does tend to do the one trick pony thing quite a lot.
Many, not all, but many, of his performances are the same wise ass guy kicking badguys's's asses and wise-cracking as he goes.

My fave performance though has to be the first film I saw him in: Van Wilder.
Not a great film, but he is certainly the reason for watching it.

Not Enough Time
I agree with what most people said. He's very generic in his movies. I can't tell if he's not a very good actor or if he just takes crappy jobs. Also, I don't find him that attractive. "He's kinda funny lookin" (but better looking than Steve Buscemi)

"If dreams are like movies then memories are films about ghosts"

movies that I love for ryan reynolds are: The Voices, Queen of the Night, R.I.P.D.. It's actually my favorites and this movie too: Turbo. I watched the official trailer from this ratemoviesher dot com and yeah I am loving it.. He is so handsome too.. i wanna kiss him.

Ryan Reynolds is very sexy. Not familiar with a lot of his work, but I really liked him in THE PROPOSAL and he is the only reason to watch a really terrible movie called JUST FRIENDS. I would like to see more of his work.

Finished here. It's been fun.
Waiting. He was fairly good in that one I think.

Sorry, I personally think he's a horrible actor.

Likeable guy? Definitely. Good actor? No.

I haven't seen all his works, so this might be unfair, but from what I've seen, he doesn't act all. Only plays himself.

NEVER speak of X-Men Origins. That Deadpool never happened.

Try watching some of the films mentioned above like Buried and so on, to say he isn't a good actor is indeed unfair.
Ok, I'll give him a chance and watch some of those.
Here, if you have a milkshake, and I have a milkshake, and I have a straw. There it is, that's a straw, you see? You watching?. And my straw reaches acroooooooss the room, and starts to drink your milkshake... I... drink... your... milkshake!
-Daniel, There Will Be Blood