Rate The Last Movie You Saw

Tools    

Bird Box . It was mehh...

Hellloooo Cindy - Scary Movie (2000)
Halloween (2018)

Not good! Some really poor acting in parts or should the director be blamed? Notably the mother and father (Strodes daughter). The young boy who’s being babysat. Some really poor humour - notably, the father and the boy wearing the devil costume.

A very odd twist that feels contrived and sure enough it keeps the movie rolling for a further 20 mins.

What’s good! Well beside some of the actors and dialogue breaking the immersion you can follow the plot until the odd twist. The musics also nice.

Worth watching? Not really but not the worst use of time.

Out of 5

Nothing beats the original, Halloween resurrection the original.

Please Quote/Tag Or I'll Miss Your Responses
Harold and Maude (Commentary) - 10/10
I've seen this movie about a dozen times, but never with a commentary... I might be doing more of that, especially when I'm in a slump and need something to revive me back to life.

A couple of based on real events:

It was great.

Not too bad. A survival story set in the Amazon, it kind of loses steam in the second half.

Widows (2018)

Good film, as a sucker for heist movies would have liked to see more build-up and planning.

7/10

1st rewatch...This film is replacing The Band Wagon as my favorite MGM musical...this film has it all...a caustic and clever screenplay by Comden and Green, imaginative dance numbers, and some first rate choreography...how can you ever tire of that ash can dance and Kelly's amazing number on roller skates?

Flew through some rewatches these past days and two Oscar noms...

Kubo and the Two Strings (2016) //
rewatch

Million Dollar Baby (2004) //
rewatch

Nightcrawler (2014) //
- rewatch

Bohemian Rhapsody (2018) //
-

ParaNorman (2012) //
rewatch

Mission: Impossible – Fallout (2018) //
(5th watch, still an amazing action flick!)

The Favourite (2018) //
+ (REVIEW HERE: https://www.movieforums.com/communit...89#post1985589)

Boldly going.
Try doing Atlantis without a lot of CGI today - it would look like a joke.

I thought it looked spectacular. Colourful and imaginative. Epic.

And you have to admit- it was way better than Justice League. In terms of revenue, it's already beaten Justice League in the 5 weeks its been out, and passed the $1 billion mark.
So yeah, I'd call that a hit.

The Secret Life of Bees (2008)

Nice untaxing movie about a runaway that ends up living in a haven at Miss Augusts Bee Keeping farm. There's honestly nothing wrong with this film on paper apart from it's really 1 dimensional. Even the usually reliable Paul Bettany is criminally underused. I think it tried to put too many ingredients in and hope for the best from the actors. 5/10

Girls Against Boys (2012)

-

This is basically a rape and revenge movie, and the poster would suggest an exploitation ala I Spit on Your Grave. It's more of a drama, and it's big problem is not knowing what it wants to be. There is a horror element but it's small and doesn't seem to fit. There's an ugly aspect to it and it seems to be trying to say something about men, or maybe women? This brings upon negative feelings which is at least better than no feeling at all. Terrible title.

The Little Stranger (2017)

6/10. The props and set design was great. But the movie is a bit flat. Good acting and all, but nothing that makes it memorable.