The MoFo Top 100 Action Movie Countdown

→ in
Tools    

Grandmaster is the only film here I haven't seen. Escape from New York was on my short list, but I think I forgot about it when I was deciding on my final 25. That poster for Cliffhanger always makes me really cold whenever I see it.

Seen: 36/40
My List: 3, 1 honourable

04. Lethal Weapon 2 (1989)
07. Kingsman: The Secret Service (2014)
21. Crank (2006) (H)
23. Taken (2008)

The Grandmaster was my #1. It's cinematic action of the highest level. Glad to see others had it on their list as well! Don't forget to watch the long Chinese version of it and not the American one!
Yuen Woo-Ping's done way way way way way way way better.

Escape from New York and The Fugitive were good, but I didn't vote for them. I don't like Bourne. Actually I don't like Matt Damon. I've not seen Yojimbo, but judging by my experiences with other Kurosawa films, I think I'll like it.

From the Honorable Mentions, I loved Beverly Hills Cop and Cliffhanger when I was a kid, but I haven't seen either in a very long time.

Originally Posted by dadgumblah
Could you e-mail my list back to me?
Originally Posted by TheUsualSuspect
Could you PM me my list, I deleted it by accident.
Originally Posted by gandalf26
can you message me my list thanks?
Originally Posted by Sexy Celebrity
I hate to bother you with a dumb request, but I deleted my PMs and with it, my Action Movie list. If you have a copy, could you send mine my way?
Originally Posted by The Sci-Fi Slob
Can I have my list back please.

Nothing good comes from staying with normal people
65. Escape from New York #29 on my list. Kurt Russell's second best preformance after...well, you wanna hash this out? Which is his best performance? Discuss. An interesting take on the "dystopian future society mix with prison movie." Alien 3 did a simmilar thing, but then it was more ordered and I think this movie did it better. Agree/disagree?
64. The Grandmaster The first movie on the list I'd never heard of.

Hold on one second. *Watches trailer*

Ok, so it's the story of Ip Man again. Have seen the first Ip Man, have to agree with Omni, a bit slow for an MA movie.
63. Yojimbo So far the second Kurosawa I've seen, the first being Ran. Wasn't completely sure that it wasn't ment to be a comedy. Still, good fight scenes, worthy of the list. For my thoughts:
http://www.movieforums.com/community...bo#post1569333
62. The Fugitive Had this solidly in thriller, wouldn't have categorized this as action. Besides a foot chase through Baltimore and a tumble down the stairs with a one-armed man I can't recall any action scenes. Love the movie, but not sure it should be on the list. Am I wrong?
61. The Bourne Identity Solid action/thriller spy movie with well choreographed fight scenes and a killer final scene between Damon and Owens. Look what they make you give, indeed.

Seen: 33/40

Honorable mentions: 18/24

Ong Bak was the only one i voted for today i had it at #21. Seen them all except The Grandmaster which i want to see since i've been getting into Wong Kar Wai.

64. The Grandmaster The first movie on the list I'd never heard of.

Hold on one second. *Watches trailer*

Ok, so it's the story of Ip Man again. Have seen the first Ip Man, have to agree with Omni, a bit slow for an MA movie.
The Grandmaster is also very slow. Way too much emphasis on visuals and wuxia-style storytelling.

The Grandmaster is also very slow.
That's surprising to me. Chungking Express was very well paced IMO and that is a romantic drama film, you'd think an action film of his wouldn't be slow either. Well i'll see when i get to it.

That's surprising to me. Chungking Express was very well paced IMO and that is a romantic drama film, you'd think an action film of his wouldn't be slow either. Well i'll see when i get to it.
I wouldn't mind the pace if the story were worth a damn.

I'm sure Ip Man can be done justice, but even a highly romanticized version like this strains to engage me with it's constant existentialist dialog. If Yuen Woo-Ping wasn't just doing the fight scenes, it wouldn't look as pretty, but it'd be a hell of a lot more entertaining.

We've gone on holiday by mistake
Great 5 movies right there, most of them could easily be top 20. I watched the Grandmaster but dismissed as yet another IP man movie that strangely doesn't have IP man doing most of the fighting.

My list so far:
7. Mad Max (#99)
11. Goldfinger (#73)
13. Alien (H.M.)
16. Beverly Hills Cop (H.M.)
23. Taken (#91)
24. GoldenEye (H.M.)

My number of honourable mentions is now exceeding my number of films on the actual list. A bunch of them should still be to come, though.

My List Of 25 so far off the board But not my thread list which had some alterations.

7 Goldfinger
9 Beverly Hills Cop--- Does Not Count.
10 Smokey and The Bandit
16 007 Golden Eye ---Does Not Count
18 Pirates Of The Caribbean COTBP
19 Jurassic Park
20 Spider-Man---- Does Not Count.