The MoFo Top 100 of the 2010s Countdown

→ in
Tools    

Seen neither, don't care about either.

If admin could pin this to the top of each page it'll save me time for almost all of this list.

Seems like fans of the genre put it up as one of the best martial arts films of all time. Would I put it in my top 100 of the decade? Possibly?
I have a soft spot for martial arts movies, but my recollection says that bots Raids are bloated and somewhat boring films.

The Descendants and Room are both excellent. I love how Room is barely about the kidnapper at all and focuses mostly on Larson and Tremblay’s characters and what they’re going through, especially in the second half. I also love that my mom loves Room but gets confused anytime my brother and I talk about The Room.

If this decade didn’t have so many action movies about cops trapped in buildings these two would’ve made my list.

Hint Leaderboard

Each time you correctly guess a hint (and are the first person to do so), you'll receive a point.

Miss Vicky: 2
How did I get 2? Did I get a point for being the first to find the hints for today's reveals?

How did I get 2? Did I get a point for being the first to find the hints for today's reveals?
One point was for World of Tomorrow and the other one was for Room.

But I guessed It's Such A Beautiful Day, not World of Tomorrow.
Could've sworn you guessed World of Tomorrow. Looks like I misread it though. It looks like PHOENIX74 got World of Tomorrow though, so I'll give him the point for that one.

As a fan of Alexander Payne, The Descendants was one of the late cuts from my list. It's a solid flick and has probably Matthew Lillard's best performance, and there are several moving scenes there.

I liked Room but never considered it for my list. If I am not wrong it was inspired by the case involving Josef Fritzl. Also, the movie that rightfully turned Larson into a leading lady. She deserved her Oscar.

My Payne gets on the list of director ranks.
Who is keeping a track of directors?

Could've sworn you guessed World of Tomorrow. Looks like I misread it though. It looks like PHOENIX74 got World of Tomorrow though, so I'll give him the point for that one.
As long as raul doesn't get the point though, I'm cool with it

But I guessed It's Such A Beautiful Day, not World of Tomorrow.

Lenny Abrahamson's Room (2015) is the first title from my ballot to appear on the countdown. I had it at twenty-one, good for five of its eighty points. I thought is was easily one of the very best films of that year anchored by the brilliant performances of Brie Larson, who won the Oscar for Best Actress, and Jacob Tremblay, who wasn't nominated for an Oscar but definitely should have been. The first section of the film perfectly depicts the small world of room for the young boy born into captivity there and the second section is where the actors really shine, trying desperately to adjust to the larger universe. Beautiful and creepy, terrifying and hopeful.

HOLDEN'S BALLOT
21. Room (#97)
"Film is a disease. When it infects your bloodstream it takes over as the number one hormone. It bosses the enzymes, directs the pineal gland, plays Iago to your psyche. As with heroin, the antidote to Film is more Film." - Frank Capra

I enjoyed Room at the theater. Strong, edge of your seat, storytelling. Not a favorite or anything I have a strong desire to return to though.

Descendants was my 20. I love a strong Payne script, and this is one of them. Sideways remains my favorite, but Descendants isn’t far behind.

The Descendents a fine film that I considered for my ballot but just didn't have the Room not the kind of subject matter I want to spend an evening with.

Anyways saw 3 out 4

The Raid - is fine but lost all of it's thunder when John Wick came up and killed that puppy. Sequel is not bad either.

Didn't see the short

The Descendants - man how old does this film look now. A masterclass of subtly, humor and heartache. Didn't make my list and I haven't watched since it came out but happy to see it show up.

Room - Brie Larson before she sold out and became a toxic hell beast. I actually nominated Lenny Abrahamson's followup The Little Stranger for a Hall of Fame. Larson is good in this maybe the best Oscar winning performance from a female lead this decade.

Sorry if I'm rude but I'm right
Room is decent. The Room on the other hand... The latter isn't a 2010s film, though.

I haven't seen The Descendants and I'm not interested in ever watching it.
Look, I'm not judging you - after all, I'm posting here myself, but maybe, just maybe, if you spent less time here and more time watching films, maybe, and I stress, maybe your taste would be of some value. Just a thought, ya know.