Rate The Last Movie You Saw

Tools    

The Wolverine, 3.2/5. It actually wasn't horrible but any movie that throws off the cannon of the story loses a whole point in my book. Not that X-Men Origins Wolverine was any good but it made sense within the original trilogy. This movie makes it so he remembers Nagasaki which would have happened decades before he got his memory wiped, and yet at the same time it uses one of the stages of Origins to increase the effect of the story it's trying to tell. So 1 point off for destroying cannon. The rest of it comes from me not liking the attempt to turn a normal american action flick into a Japanese one without making it feel like I'm actually watching a Japanese action flick. It could have and should have been done better.

If you ever have some more time to spare (nine hours, to be exact), allow me to introduce Shoah:

Just kidding.

Well, at least you want to watch a 540 minute piece about genocide and mass murder... I've seen a bit of it, and it is certainly one of the quintessential documentaries. If anyone has the balls, go for it.
I got no beef with long movies but I do not have 9 hours in a day to spend on ONE movie. Several movies? Hell yeah! I can do that on a four day weekend!

And when I'm all alone I feel I don't wanna hide
I got no beef with long movies but I do not have 9 hours in a day to spend on ONE movie. Several movies? Hell yeah! I can do that on a four day weekend!
Indeed. I would find it impossible. This is really a divided viewing, perhaps over three days, but even then that's excessive. Roger Ebert managed to do it all in the one sitting, but he was getting paid, so that does not really count. From what I saw, though, it was quite excellent.

Gangster Rap is Shakespeare for the Future
Indeed. I would find it impossible. This is really a divided viewing, perhaps over three days, but even then that's excessive. Roger Ebert managed to do it all in the one sitting, but he was getting paid, so that does not really count. From what I saw, though, it was quite excellent.
I've done Satantango in one sitting, with a few bathroom breaks, but the first time I saw it was split up. There's no way I could manage that during school though.

And when I'm all alone I feel I don't wanna hide
I've done Satantango in one sitting, with a few bathroom breaks, but the first time I saw it was split up. There's no way I could manage that during school though.
By looking at your favourites list, it seems as if it was well worth it.

X-Men: First Class, 4/5. It loses a point for screwing with cannon in many ways but other than that, it's really good and I'd have nothing to complain about if it followed the story of the previous movies better.

The Lorax, 4.4/5. It really is a good film where I'm concerned. The only thing that's wrong with it is that it's song's never really felt complete and the story of the Once-ler I think took a little too much time from the movie, to the point where I didn't connect with some of the characters in the present time. The songs were always short and felt not forced, but just not quite right. The ending though, well, it was nice to the Once-ler have a chance for some retribution for his actions.

Finished here. It's been fun.
Dallas Buyers Club 5.5/10

Not nearly as good as I hoped and what people are making it out to be.
What didn't you like about? A 5.5 is extremely low, Its at least a 7.0 in my eyes.

2022 Mofo Fantasy Football Champ
It is low, yes. The story didn't captivate me at all. The acting from McConnaughey was good, but overrated. The acting from Leto wasn't really good at all. Though I tend to be somewhat Mark f ish on some of my ratings.

Let's try to be broad-minded about this

Man Bites Dog

This could go up or down as the film sits. But wowza! Benoit's charismatic performance is definitely the best part of this film because it seemed lacking in other ways. Lotta violence! I still can't tell yet exactly how I feel about it though.

I work for Keyser Soze. He feels you owe him.

Alien,first I need to say,it dosen't live up to stories,at least for me.So here we go,have in mind it is not problem for me to go back in years when movie was made.Story was good,that whole theory how aliens get on ship,how they get born is really good.Acting was ok,every character was different and you can see how they cope with pressure in different ways.Alien was well made,this movie was made in 79 so well done guys.But first hour of movie was so slow,it was boring I mean 1 whole hour they are just going around the ship and landing...Who want to see that? Not me...All in all ok movie,I don't think Ill be watching it again,maybe in like 5-10 years...Again I don't mind older movies because that was never problem for me,that didn't have anything to do with my verdict...It is a classic because it did some cool new stuff and it was awesome looking for those years.

VERDICT-7.5-10

But first hour of movie was so slow,it was boring I mean 1 whole hour they are just going around the ship and landing...Who want to see that? Not me...
You should see 2001: A Space Odyssey then. Alien will seem like Die Hard in comparison.

I work for Keyser Soze. He feels you owe him.
The first hour is the best, most-original part. It looks really spectacular on the big screen.
But God,if they cut out 90% of first hour it would be same thing...They showed us so many things that I didn't care about...I mean they are landing for 20-30min...Ok yea I can imagine how it looked back in 79 but that is not the problem,it was just to long.