Rob Zombie's Halloween Sequel

Tools    

Well, I like the Halloween reboot/prequel because it's a whole new take on Michael and something completely different. And we got to learn and see more of Michael and his evil.

Anyways, I hope this one is good and hope to see how good Michael will be.

The Elected Movie Eliminator
Well, I like the Halloween reboot/prequel because it's a whole new take on Michael and something completely different. And we got to learn and see more of Michael and his evil.

Anyways, I hope this one is good and hope to see how good Michael will be.
What are you talking about? I mean, I liked the movie and how Zombie shows how he became a murderer with his uncaring family, but Michael Meyers revealing his face to the baby sister? Makes him look like a little pussy, no offence. I understand Zombie tried to mix things up but it was a terrible move.

I enjoyed the first film very much, and I am looking forward to seeing this one when it is released.
Intentionally on the first viewing, I enjoyed it very much. (I think it was the mood I was in), I gave it a re-watch recently and it was quite dull boring. Just full with typical nudity, gore, blood and predictability. The covered up the story nicely, but the elements I once found good is quite the opposite.

One of the main things I hate about Rob Zombie's films, is that he has the capability of ruining a horror film with too much gore and too much stupidity. For example, House of 1000 Corpses and The Devil's Rejects were truly awful horror movies. However, I enjoyed Halloween, and to me it seemed that the gore made it more realistic (except the part where he bashes the kid's face in when he's walking home from school.) I think I liked the film because it showed the beginning of his decent into becoming a killer, and mostly his childhood. So overall, for Rob Zombie's films:

House of 1000 Corpses

The Devil's Rejects

And of course...

Halloween

One of the main things I hate about Rob Zombie's films, is that he has the capability of ruining a horror film with too much gore and too much stupidity. For example, House of 1000 Corpses and The Devil's Rejects were truly awful horror movies. However, I enjoyed Halloween, and to me it seemed that the gore made it more realistic (except the part where he bashes the kid's face in when he's walking home from school.) I think I liked the film because it showed the beginning of his decent into becoming a killer, and mostly his childhood. So overall, for Rob Zombie's films:

House of 1000 Corpses

The Devil's Rejects

And of course...

Halloween
That type of gore when he bashes the students face with a baseball bat is acceptable gore because it's got good vengeance and an interesting backed-up story with it. But wearing a ghost sheet over your head and a naked women presuming it's her boyfriend is incredibly predictable and their killing scenes just seem all the same.

Halloween gets:

28 days...6 hours...42 minutes...12 seconds
Ruin a horror movie with gore? That's a new one. Maybe if he were working on something that wasn't entirely his. Devils Rejects and House of 1K were his films, unlike Halloween.

Rejects
is his best film.

Suspect's Reviews

Ruin a horror movie with gore? That's a new one. Maybe if he were working on something that wasn't entirely his. Devils Rejects and House of 1K were his films, unlike Halloween.

Rejects
is his best film.
I personally don't like to watch Horror movies with mindless gore when it fells like the director just has to add in unnecessary kills and murders for no apparent reason, especially when they're predictable. A good horror movie doesn't come around too often, but SAW was a smash hit because of it's twist, theme and nail-biting scenes.

\m/ Fade To Black \m/
OMFG this looks awesome I loved the first one and Rob Zombie's movies are great

28 days...6 hours...42 minutes...12 seconds
I personally don't like to watch Horror movies with mindless gore when it fells like the director just has to add in unnecessary kills and murders for no apparent reason, especially when they're predictable. A good horror movie doesn't come around too often, but SAW was a smash hit because of it's twist, theme and nail-biting scenes.
I agree that the original Saw is good, but look what the series has become. Exactly the thing you seem to hate.

I agree that the original Saw is good, but look what the series has become. Exactly the thing you seem to hate.
Yes, and that's why I'm in no particularly hurry to watch Saw V.

It could be ok if he didn't have to put his wife INTO EVERY ****ING THING HE DOES. And Myers kept the costume

Rob Zombie shouldn't go near Carpenter's work.

I saw the remake and I just stood there, stone faced in horror. Not scared, but how terrible it was.

The original Halloween had me in tears I was so frightened. But adding crappy special affects should be a crime

Rob Zombie shouldn't go near Carpenter's work.

I saw the remake and I just stood there, stone faced in horror. Not scared, but how terrible it was.

The original Halloween had me in tears I was so frightened. But adding crappy special affects should be a crime
Yep, I love the original series. Rob Zombie killed that movie. It is trash, and I mean that literally!

Well, let's see what Zombie thinks about the causation of 'evil'.

&feature=related

Rob Zombie:
"I didn't even think about John Carpenter this time.. I've just gone berserk with my own thing".

&feature=related

Tyler Mane is looking like a radical hillbilly.

A system of cells interlinked
I actually think he made the right decision with that concept above. I thought he did a pretty decent job with his own material in Halloween, but he completely trashed the Carpenter material with Laurie Strode, with sent the film into the trash heap.

Still - How about makng something original, Mr. Zombie?

And to the above posters chattering about Saw - I tried to re-watch the original recently - It's ****, start to finish - worse than I remembered it. Glover is AWFUL - almost as bad as Whannel....almost...

I'm interested to see where he'll take it from here.

I liked some of what he did in his remake. I hated the opening scenes though... Michael's home life was way too predictable but I've prattled on about that before. A few of the mask scenes were awesome.