Abortion; Why?

Tools    

28 days...6 hours...42 minutes...12 seconds
I'm just posting here to be reply 1,500.

Suspect's Reviews

I fail to see, how you fail to see that this is an issue. You don't think people (on both sides) blindly following an agenda is a problem? Instead you IGNORE that simply because I'm on the other side of YOUR agenda. You are trying to discredit the post simply because it doesn't fall in line with your beliefs.
No, I'm discrediting it because it's orthogonal to the issue. The problem with people blindly following something is that they won't be in a position to notice if there's a problem with it. But that does not, in turn, tell us anything about the validity of that position. People can blindly believe in freedom of speech, too, but that doesn't make it a bad idea. The idea stands on its own merits, or not, regardless of who subscribes to it or why.

You agree that people on both sides blindly follow agendas. That's certainly true, but that perfectly illustrates what I'm saying: if both sides do it, then the fact that people do it doesn't really tell us anything about which side is right.

This doesn't mean it doesn't matter, it just means that you're arguing something other than the issue itself. That video doesn't get us any closer to figuring out how to balance competing rights, or whether or not competing rights are even in play when an abortion takes place. What you're describing is a problem with the political process in general.

Tells me you're completely ignorant to the issue.
Leaving aside the fact that the post you're quoting is over a decade old, I'd like to hear just what you think is ignorant about it. Logically, "it's her body" is a meaningless thing to say in a debate about where one body ends and another begins, yes? It assumes the very thing being disputed, which means it isn't an argument for it. Hence, it's a slogan. You may or may not agree with it, but it does not come from a shared premise.

28 days...6 hours...42 minutes...12 seconds
Leaving aside the fact that the post you're quoting is over a decade old.
Uh oh, this tells me Yoda thinks his first post in here was poorly worded and he possibly thinks differently today?

In any event, I completely disagree with it being a slogan and merely you trying to discredit a creditable viewpoint on the other side. I think you failed.

In my humble opinion.

Uh oh, this tells me Yoda thinks his first post in here was poorly worded and he possibly thinks differently today?
Nope. I just think it was a little more confrontational sounding than it had to be. And I don't usually go out of my way to start heated political discussions any more.

In any event, I completely disagree with it being a slogan and merely you trying to discredit a creditable viewpoint on the other side. I think you failed.
Okay, why? Here's the argument I just posted:
"Logically, "it's her body" is a meaningless thing to say in a debate about where one body ends and another begins, yes? It assumes the very thing being disputed, which means it isn't an argument for it. Hence, it's a slogan. You may or may not agree with it, but it does not come from a shared premise."
What part do you disagree with, specifically?

In my humble opinion.
Humble opinions don't get posted over and over on public forums. So let's stipulate that the really humble people probably aren't participating in the thread at all.

When people consistently phrase their posts as if they have the moral authority to shame other people for their position and are insinuating/accusing debaters of being uncaring monsters, what's the point in continuing to reply?
#31 on SC's Top 100 Mofos list!!

Ghouls, vampires, werewolves... let's party.
When people consistently phrase their posts as if they have the moral authority to shame other people for their position and are insinuating/accusing debaters of being uncaring monsters, what's the point in continuing to reply?
So, you believe abortion is morally correct? What about basic human rights?

Can we not turn this into juvenile name-calling? Mesmer, I'm sure others would be willingto discuss with you and read your thoughts on topic but you haven't been doing much of anything besides posting angry childish stuff. I'm actually not terribly offended anymore by behavior like this from you but regardless of my feelings your posts don't express very well or give debaters anything to work with for contribution's sake.

So, you believe abortion is morally correct? What about basic human rights?
What about animal rights? What about cell rights? Why is a single cell of no great value to you? What about the death penalty? What about the right to die?

I don't see a debate here. I see an attempt to justify homicide. What's your excuse?
Do you realize you come across as a troll when you write crap like that? Quit begging the question, mmkay?

Ghouls, vampires, werewolves... let's party.
Do you realize you come across as a troll when you write crap like that? Quit begging the question, mmkay?
non sequitur. If you can't defend your position, don't make illogical comments.

How old are you, Mesmer? Do you realize you're basically sticking your fingers in your ears and yelling stuff over and over?

I don't see anything childish about what Deadite is saying, so...
Here, if you have a milkshake, and I have a milkshake, and I have a straw. There it is, that's a straw, you see? You watching?. And my straw reaches acroooooooss the room, and starts to drink your milkshake... I... drink... your... milkshake!
-Daniel, There Will Be Blood