Down With Feminism

Tools    

Yeah, but do you have any stats on the intercourse claim. I'm back in the game and need to know what I'm up against.

Wanna Date? Got Any Money?
Between everyone having different definitions of "equality", and people who tend to be selective about where that term applies, you end up with a bunch of people who want something, but don't really seem to understand what it is. They have a notion of equality that is almost entirely theirs, although people may have "shared" definitions for certain things, each individual is 99% out to help themselves and better their position in life, it's human nature to adapt and overcome others to get what we want. And that illustrates to me that "equality" only truly exists in the eye of the beholder.

I'm fine with women doing what they want, free will and all that good stuff. However I don't think we're equal at all beyond basic "rights and freedoms" everyone has. I worked in construction for years and have had to work with females, and it's not exactly a pleasant experience to have a girl hired because of "equality", but who can't even do the job she was hired for because of her physical limitations as a 5'4 110lb female. I'm not saying females are weak and self concerned, but a woman that cannot lift 50lbs, and checks her facebook every 10 minutes is not equal to me in the workplace and shouldn't be there if she can't do the job. Further more she shouldn't be paid equal wage to me because she doesn't do equal share of work. For her to be paid the same as me for doing less work it not fair at all. But all that said, I feel the same way about men who couldn't hack it. Equality is a two way street and a lot of fervent feminists seem to disregard this, and appear not to care about equality, just advancing the objectives of the feminist movement. Get mad at me if you want, but there is a reason the term "Feminazi" exists, and it's influence really does pervade the movement and at times makes it appear almost farcical.

And at this point it seems like this whole feminist agenda is getting pretty heavy handed, and like they think all men belong to the "He Man Woman Haters Club" . And for the record that stupid "Everything you can do, I can do better, I can do everything better than you" Is a downright lie and does not promote "equality" itself, I see it as a hamfisted attempt at stoking egotism and strirring up fervor about a whole lot of B.S. Hooray, lets write a song empowering women but also slamming men because apparently, we are so great and can do everything better than women to begin with, that they needed a song assuring them they could be up to par with us? Way to feed a dumb stereotype! I don't exactly know how to word this, but I feel that if a man is not directly supportive of feminism (such as myself) that they get lumped in with all the chauvinistic douche bags, and that's not right.

This isn't entirely on topic, but just to be clear, "Anything You Can Do" isn't a feminist song (or an anti-feminist song): it's just a duet where two people argue about who can do things better:

http://www.azlyrics.com/lyrics/dionn...gyoucando.html

I was trying to think of a witty post, but I think a woman could do one equally as good, if not better.

If thats the definition of feminism then Im a feminist.

I do like to hold the door open for a woman, pull out her chair, etc...TONGO old school. Whats funny is sometimes Ive gotten comment how thats "chauvinistic" behavior. Actually this has nothing to do with the threads topic. Nevermind!
I hold doors open for anyone who's walking behind me. I've not had a chair pulled out for me for ages apart from in a restaurant, but I wouldn't call it chauvinism, it's just the manners of the person doing it.

Example - Calling everything and everyone sexist while ignoring serious problems women have in some countries, weren't they forbidden to drive in S.Arabia until some time ago? Was ass of a Street Fighter (video game) character really more important?

Just to be clear, there is a reason why I add "Modern" in front of feminism, I know there are honest people who are trying to do good, but overall it's a toxic community of people who have no clue what they are talking about.
I think a lot of people, men and women, are concerned about the treatment of women in some countries, indeed it's not only women it's activists, children, anyone who has no power, anyone who stands up and speaks out. In Saudi, women aren't allowed to drive, aren't allowed to open a bank account, or go out without a male relative. You may think that campaigning about the size of a video game characters arse is trivial, and ok some women take those things too far but it's kinda not about that always is it? It's about some mens misogynist attitude towards the opposite sex. The two things may seem like two different things but they're on a sliding scale of attitude and perception

I didn't read anything above, as I always have 8-10 threads in separate tabs..

Feminism sounds like a buffet....When it comes to the great stuff about men, "Gimme!" - but when it comes to the not-so-great stuff that women or society expect from men, women say "Nope"... Performing in combat, performing in the act of intercourse, business, courting the women, paying for dinner, etc etc...

And the wage gap is basic common sense. First off, women haven't had opportunity for that long, but they are doing pretty good, considering single women make more than men. Women have children, and sometimes aren't able to work as much. But society doesn't force them to have children, it's biological.
I'm very surprised at you Matt. I always had you down as a guy with a wider view than that. You possibly live in a much different world than me then as I don't see women taking and not giving in the way that your 'gimme' implies. The reason why women aren't in front line combat is because men have made the rules that they can't be. However here in the UK it's likely that women will be allowed to do just that by the end of this year as I think I read the US doing the same.
As for intercourse, well if that's your experience...
Courting and paying for dinner, really? Back 40+ years ago we had pretty much done with that, and when I see my kids going out with their wives I see the girls paying just as much as my sons and their friends are the same.

Between everyone having different definitions of "equality", and people who tend to be selective about where that term applies, you end up with a bunch of people who want something, but don't really seem to understand what it is. They have a notion of equality that is almost entirely theirs, although people may have "shared" definitions for certain things, each individual is 99% out to help themselves and better their position in life, it's human nature to adapt and overcome others to get what we want. And that illustrates to me that "equality" only truly exists in the eye of the beholder.

I'm fine with women doing what they want, free will and all that good stuff. However I don't think we're equal at all beyond basic "rights and freedoms" everyone has. I worked in construction for years and have had to work with females, and it's not exactly a pleasant experience to have a girl hired because of "equality", but who can't even do the job she was hired for because of her physical limitations as a 5'4 110lb female. I'm not saying females are weak and self concerned, but a woman that cannot lift 50lbs, and checks her facebook every 10 minutes is not equal to me in the workplace and shouldn't be there if she can't do the job. Further more she shouldn't be paid equal wage to me because she doesn't do equal share of work. For her to be paid the same as me for doing less work it not fair at all. But all that said, I feel the same way about men who couldn't hack it. Equality is a two way street and a lot of fervent feminists seem to disregard this, and appear not to care about equality, just advancing the objectives of the feminist movement. Get mad at me if you want, but there is a reason the term "Feminazi" exists, and it's influence really does pervade the movement and at times makes it appear almost farcical.

And at this point it seems like this whole feminist agenda is getting pretty heavy handed, and like they think all men belong to the "He Man Woman Haters Club" . And for the record that stupid "Everything you can do, I can do better, I can do everything better than you" Is a downright lie and does not promote "equality" itself, I see it as a hamfisted attempt at stoking egotism and strirring up fervor about a whole lot of B.S. Hooray, lets write a song empowering women but also slamming men because apparently, we are so great and can do everything better than women to begin with, that they needed a song assuring them they could be up to par with us? Way to feed a dumb stereotype! I don't exactly know how to word this, but I feel that if a man is not directly supportive of feminism (such as myself) that they get lumped in with all the chauvinistic douche bags, and that's not right.

Where are all these 'feminazi' women? Has anyone actually met one or just read about stupid rubbish in the press? I see around me women working just as hard as fellers.
I agree with you about employing people who can do the job. I'm glad you qualified your scenario on the building site with blokes who can't hack it either. I've done a lot of jobs in my life, and it's people who are slackers at work who don't impress me whether they're men or women. Women can easily work on building sites providing they have the skills and if it's needed in that trade, the strength. There's plenty of women stronger than men. I lift and move around full kegs of beer, boxes of wine, crates of bottles every day in my job and no one has ever expressed a view that I wasn't up to my job.

Please Quote/Tag Or I'll Miss Your Responses
I'm a humanist, I think it's silly and destructive to subdivide everything into groups and sub-groups.. It's a trick authority always plays; very Hegelian.

In our emasculated society women have more power than men.
They're equal in all aspects legally but their looks and charm can open a lot more doors.

Male privilege is a concept right up there with white privilege.

Oh nuts, women do not have more power than men. You guys who are all down on women, just need to get laid. Sounds more like sour grapes to me.
I say if you can't beat em, join em

First of all, if it's about equality, as apposed to female superiority, then why is it called "feminism?"

Remember the song, "Anything you can do, we can do better." Better is not equal, it's superior.

Feminism is defined as the belief that men and women deserve equal rights and opportunities. Well that sounds good on the surface...

I don't have the same opportunities as everyone else, and I have more opportunities than most. This ideal is completely absurd. Do gooders are just a bunch of hypocrites with too much time on their hands if you ask me.

Well, I think women should be allowed to vote, but I don't vote because there is no one worth voting for. I think women should be allowed to join the army, even a combat unit. But I don't think they should get drafted. There are certain priveleges that women would give up if they were equal in every way. Men and women are of equal value as human beings, but they are not the same. Feminism is stupid.
One has to realize that the purpose of feminism is so that women can have equal rights (i. e. the right to work, be independent, and not just simply be the old, stereotyped woman who's barefoot in the kitchen and always pregnant. )

Women have the right to equal pay, and to choose whether or not to end a pregnancy.

Women have the right to defend themselves if they're physically attacked, whether it be on the street, or in her own home.

If a woman wishes to go back to school, even if she's married with kids, so that she can improve the lot of both her and her family, she's got the right to do so.

If a woman wishes to be a doctor, a lawyer, a cop, or whatever, she's got the right to do so.

Affirmative action programs are necessary, at least in part because women have been barred, until relatively recently, from practicing law, medicine, or business, etc., so affirmative action programs for women and people of color, are necessary for opening doors, if one gets the drift.

Besides biology, what CANT women do? Who/What is stopping them? Again, I think biology is the problem; women are afraid of men physically, and that totally eliminates their rights. As I type this, I notice that attention to battered women is never there and seems to be used for bad intentions. To be current, the election.. if you don't vote for Hillary you are an enemy to your gender, or you are sexist; guilt. And the wife beaters are always let off the hook if it could get into the way of $$$$, which is what this entire feminist stuff is about, which is why I don't consider myself a feminist anymore. I'm a humanist.

Again, those who know about the NFL knows how things really work once everything unfolds. It's all about the money, and a double-standard. Hillary Clinton is Saudi Arabia's best friend, but she is going to liberate women? I notice is all about the 25 cents an hour, which is a false statistic because of the reasons I mentioned in an earlier post - but hardly any talk about the real problem to women.

Besides biology, which is out of everyone's control, what CANT women do? Who/What is stopping them?

Bright light. Bright light. Uh oh.
Besides biology, which is out of everyone's control, what CANT women do? Who/What is stopping them?
Besides you? Other men who think the old-fashioned way and argue something which nobody's talking about. But I shouldn't talk since I live in a house full of females - two humans and two cats. The cats are in charge.

Besides you? Other men who think the old-fashioned way and argue something which nobody's talking about. But I shouldn't talk since I live in a house full of females - two humans and two cats. The cats are in charge.
Old-fashioned? I'm the opposite, but I'm also different than today's generation's conformist thinking. I think being your own man/woman is so important.

I realize I'm a woman's biggest threat, but that's just the way I came out. When I'm walking down the street at night, I know she's afraid. And I'm NEVER afraid. But I can't change this. Like I just said in the previous post, the effort is only empty gestures. They should be concentrating on protecting women - more shelters, more welfare.

Well they can finally become navy seals. So i don't think there is anything left they can't do in america.

Drive. They can't drive.

Although, women can't drive in the UK either tbh.