Tools    

A system of cells interlinked
Originally Posted by mattisdown
horror movies have never EVER made me terrified, new or old
maybe i havent seen the right one
I jsut wanna see something SO scary, I **** my pants
everythings been a bummer as of yet though
gimme some suggestions!
dont give me any classic madness either like pyscho or something. those are lame.
Something is lame...and it isn't Psycho...

maybe if directors took time to put thought into there horror films instead of just blood and goor...wed have sum good horror movies...like tha saw series...except saw III was very goory XD

hor‧ror  /ˈhɔrər, ˈhɒr-/ Pronunciation Key - Show Spelled Pronunciation[hawr-er, hor-] Pronunciation Key - Show IPA Pronunciation
–noun
1. an overwhelming and painful feeling caused by something frightfully shocking, terrifying, or revolting; a shuddering fear: to shrink back from a mutilated corpse in horror.

shock‧ing  /ˈʃɒkɪŋ/ Pronunciation Key - Show Spelled Pronunciation[shok-ing] Pronunciation Key - Show IPA Pronunciation
–adjective
1. causing intense surprise, disgust, horror, etc.

sur‧prise  /sərˈpraɪz, sə-/ Pronunciation Key - Show Spelled Pronunciation[ser-prahyz, suh-] Pronunciation Key - Show IPA Pronunciation verb, -prised, -pris‧ing, noun
–verb (used with object)
1. to strike or occur to with a sudden feeling of wonder or astonishment, as through unexpectedness: Her beauty surprised me.

Main Entry: astonishment
Part of Speech: noun
Definition: surprise
Synonyms: amazement, astoundment, awe, bewilderment, confusion, consternation, dumbfoundment, shock, something else*, stunner, stupefaction, wonder, wonderment

If horror was "the same" it wouldn't be horror.

I'm a big fan of dictionary.com and thesaurus.com.
The individual words are jumbled then the spaces are removed. PM the answer to me. First one with the answer wins.

Success is the only Earthly judge..
Simply looking forward to Grindhouse myself...Hoping to deficate all over the people next to me, because personally a movie hasn't scared me in years. People all the time tell me that "If you were in there position, you'd be scared"...One problem retards I'M NOT IN THERE POSITION...the movie needs to be scary as well as what it represents, I mean I want to HAVE to look away in shear fright and horror...

Something else why do horror movies now'a'days have to be sick: SAW, FD 1-3...I will give props to saw on some cool death scenes and a good running plot that builds form sequel to sequel... but seriously why must it be disgusting other than horrifying????!!!!? ( YAY QUESTION MARKS )

Originally Posted by Opie Wayne
Simply looking forward to Grindhouse myself...Hoping to deficate all over the people next to me, because personally a movie hasn't scared me in years. People all the time tell me that "If you were in there position, you'd be scared"...One problem retards I'M NOT IN THERE POSITION...the movie needs to be scary as well as what it represents, I mean I want to HAVE to look away in shear fright and horror...

Something else why do horror movies now'a'days have to be sick: SAW, FD 1-3...I will give props to saw on some cool death scenes and a good running plot that builds form sequel to sequel... but seriously why must it be disgusting other than horrifying????!!!!? ( YAY QUESTION MARKS )
Because the majority of the audience is retarded.

Originally Posted by Opie Wayne
but seriously why must it be disgusting other than horrifying????!!!!?
because this what makes money nowadays...and its also easier to pay a special effects team to attempt to make something scary than it is to create horror from other more "classic" methods

well , I believe that horror movies have totally changed , with extreme growth of cinema fundind ... excluding masterpieces like the exorcis , the shining , rosemary's baby , I think that new horror plots started to come up as we watched in wild things and screem .. writers still have lots and lots of ideas undescovered yet , otherwisw they should stop writing

Watch that great "the exorcist 1973" movie clip
follow this link

Teeth of Lions Rule the Divine
I think the horror genre has changed a lot since the 1970s and 1980s, because now I think a lot of the ideas now aren't really original.There might be some here and there that are good, but other than that the horror genre has changed over the years.

Success is the only Earthly judge..
Well, I didn't take much time to read this thread, so the things I mention may have already been said. I guess you'd call that healthy reiteration.

But...Horror movies are generally cheaper, shorter (to film), and require less acting (people die so they don't have to act for very long); and how much does it take to go AHHHHHHHHHHH. I don't understand why in the world there can't be an original horror movie...now I'm not complaining because i don't have any ideas at the moment.

The horror films of yesteryear have been surpassed by today's reality. For example, Quentin Tarantino is scarier in the first footage of "From Dusk Till Dawn," where he plays a trigger-happy psycho killer than he is later as a vampire. In fact, the special effects (and I suppose computer generated) vampires of the last half that movie were almost comic relief from the more realistic horrors of human killers in the first half.

No, horror movies will never be the same and any filmmaker who tries to go back and make a movie like that of its predecessors will be lambasted as an unoriginal copycat. So the genre is destined to constantly go in a different direction every ten years or so. The seventies were dominated by religious/supernatural/occult type films. The eighties were dominated by all kinds of slasher films, the birth of Freddy Krueger, Jason Vorhees and a slew of other psychopaths. The nineties went through a kind of lull until Scream came out and the slasher genre was reinvented and adjusted to modern times opening up the doors for a new group of teen flicks à la The Faculty, I Know What You Did Last Summer, Disturbing Behavior, Urban Legend and so on. Now, in recent years, in the wake of the first Saw film, we see a new breed of horror films featuring torture themes as seen in Wolf Creek, Hostel, The Hills Have Eyes, Wolf Creek, Turistas, Texas Chainsaw: The Beginning etc...who knows what's to come after this, but we are guaranteed that it most likely won't be an authentic throwback to horror's past.