TV shows/episodes that have made you cry.

Tools    

They brought The Wonder Years back to DejaView and almost every episode I am crying my eyes out or tears start to build up. The riffs between the dad and the daughter, Kevin losing Winnie, the touching father and son moments..hahaha I ball and ball for about an hour afterward.

The most recent one I saw where I started crying was when Winnie dumped Kevin and near the end of the show Kevin is all sad and goes into the garage where his dad is and watches him fix something. Then the dad starts telling him to cheer up or whatever. Kevin looks like he's gonna ball his eyes out and asks if they can go inside. The the narator says, "but I knew I wouldn't make it inside." and Kevin hugs his dad and crys. omg I was drowning in my tears at that point. lmao

What episodes or tv shows have made you cry?

I wouldn't say I was full out crying but a tear definitly came down during the last season of Oz in the episode when Cyril was almost executed. He was such a sympathetic character and nobody really wanted to see him get the chair

crazed out movie freak
The final narration of the series finale of The Wonder Years. Brilliant writing in that show.

The finale of the Christmas Special for the original Ricky Gervais "The Office" (2001-2003) when Dawn (Lucy Davis) opens up her very thoughtful gift and even more heartfelt note on the way home and finally realizes she is supposed to be with Tim (Martin Freeman), immediately returning to the party without saying a word and delivering the kiss we've all been waiting for. Such a moment of triumph and relief for two characters we'd grown to love almost as much as they love each other. The heart and warmth driving the show that is more obviously and outwardly about awkwardness and insensitivity is perfectly capped off with an ending that despite being joyously happy doesn't feel at all contrived or tacked-on. Gervais and Merchant are really quite brilliant.
"Film is a disease. When it infects your bloodstream it takes over as the number one hormone. It bosses the enzymes, directs the pineal gland, plays Iago to your psyche. As with heroin, the antidote to Film is more Film." - Frank Capra

A system of cells interlinked
I am a big sap, so I seem to cry at a lot these days. ASome of the shows that have made me cry or get misty:

Buffy - Becoming:Part II, Passion, The Gift, Chosen
Angel - Not Fade Away

Lost - The episode this season when Jack has to deal with the memories of his divorce REALLY hit me close to home. I spent that whole episode trying to hold myself together but I was no match. I fell apart near the end, thinking back on my trials over the past year. Tough stuff...

Star Trek-The Next Generation : The Inner Light

More to come...

Again, The Wonder Years has done it for me. This time Winnie gets in a car accident and Kevin wants to see her. Winnie doesn't want to see him so he climbs up on her roof and watches her through the window. Bob Seger's We've Got Tonight is playing and Kevin whispers through the window, "I love you." Winnie whispers back, "I love you."

The writer sure knows how to make a person cry...I am pretty numb most of the time.

Standing in the Sunlight, Laughing
Holden, I started crying as soon as I heard Yazz during that show. Nothing bad can happen during that song.

Sedai, I just watched Not Fade Away last night and oh my god. And I was a wreck during Chosen - the montage of all the girls. Wheadon is a bastard.

crazed out movie freak
Again, The Wonder Years has done it for me. This time Winnie gets in a car accident and Kevin wants to see her. Winnie doesn't want to see him so he climbs up on her roof and watches her through the window. Bob Seger's We've Got Tonight is playing and Kevin whispers through the window, "I love you." Winnie whispers back, "I love you."
Yeah that was a great episode because through out the whole episode Winnie is like falling off the deep end, because she doesn't know how to cope with her parents separation. So you think she is fazing Kevin out of her life, and the kid just loves her and won't take no for an answer. Priceless, I just bought the series box-set, and let me tell you it was well worth it.

I never could get the hang of Thursdays.
Plenty of Buffy eps (particularly Wild at Heart, The Gift, Chosen), also The Office finale as have already been mentioned.

Also...

Doomsday, final episode of Doctor Who (The new series) series 2, when Rose gets trapped in the alternate dimension. This is seriously, no kidding, the saddest thing I have ever seen on tv. I have seen the ending 4 times and cried every single time. The first time I watched it I was really, genuinely upset for hours.

Star Trek-The Next Generation :

More to come...
I usually watch CSI so not much crying, Buuuut I did cry in Next generation episode (no sure of title) Where they were debating if Data was a person

Beware The Probe!
I'd have to agree with the Angel finale, Not Fade Away and TNG's Inner Light being examples of TV episodes that caused some dust or something to 'get in my eye'...

Another Angel one that made me really sad was Cordie's final appearance in You're Welcome.

DS-9's The Visitor and What You Leave Behind.
I'd even say Enterprise finale, These Are the Voyages was another one that affected me but mostly because I knew it was the very last Trek episode of all.

Babylon-5 finale, Sleeping in Light would definately make that list too as well as one of the best written Stargate: Atlantis episodes, Sunday.

Damn all this dust in my eye!
I feel like watching some of these episodes again now.

A system of cells interlinked
Holden, I started crying as soon as I heard Yazz during that show. Nothing bad can happen during that song.

Sedai, I just watched Not Fade Away last night and oh my god. And I was a wreck during Chosen - the montage of all the girls. Wheadon is a bastard.
Yup. He kills me quite a bit. I was a complete mess after watching The Body, too, which I forgot to mention. So, what were your feelings overall on Angel? I loved that show. How about that puppet episode? SO good. Hilarious!
Chosen was fantastic... The montage you mention, and my poor little Anya... Anya was one of my favorite characters, and I was all done when she went down...

Beware The Probe!
Chosen was fantastic... The montage you mention, and my poor little Anya... Anya was one of my favorite characters, and I was all done when she went down...
Whedon didn't seem to like most of his good female characters it seemed. Alot of them didn't just die but were killed in such ways that made me wonder if Buffy would one day buy it in front of a speeding buss.

Anya had a pointless death to me. Sure she saved Andrew but being sliced in half from behind is not how she should have gone.

Tara being killed by a stray bullet didn't upset me too much but still... a stray bullet? She survived everything that should kill her with all the demons and such during her time on the show and gets killed by fluke.

Vampire Willow? OMG, please...
She reappears in her own universe and gets staked from behind one second later.

Fred's death was completely rediculous. I did like the Illyria character that her death spawned but I really wanted Fred back or for both Fred & Illyria to share possession of her body.

Cordelia dying angered me most since...well, it was Cordy!
They kept her in a coma for a year and kill her when she seems to wake up.

Of course the coolest death had to be Spike's but then they un-did it a few months later.

Put me in your pocket...
I'm pretty much crier at anything touching....but the show that surprized me the most this season was the season finale of Ugly Betty. It's usually such light and frothy show I wasn't expecting the serious turn of events. They way the ending was handled had both my daughter and I reaching for the tissues and left our eyes red for the rest of the evening.

Hello Salem, my name's Winifred. What's yours
Greys Anatomy gets me a lot

Can i just stress my annoyance at everyone who mentioned Angel without saying I Will Remember You. That episode where buffy comes back and angel is made human had me so upset i was crying buckets.

Angel: I asked them to turn me back.
Buffy: What?! Why?
Angel: Because more than ever, I know how much I love you.

Angel: How can we be together if the cost is your life?

Buffy: Everything we did?
Angel: It never happened.
Buffy: It did! It did! I know it did. I felt your heart beat.

Buffy: I'll never forget. I'll never forget. I'll never forget. I'll never forget.

Lost in never never land
Doomsday, final episode of Doctor Who (The new series) series 2, when Rose gets trapped in the alternate dimension. This is seriously, no kidding, the saddest thing I have ever seen on tv. I have seen the ending 4 times and cried every single time. The first time I watched it I was really, genuinely upset for hours.
I think that I've seen that episode three times now and every time I see it I want to cry and I get upset for a long time. I think that is the only TV episode that has ever made me feel that way. I got one of my roommates started on that show, this spring, and he watched all of the episodes and when he saw that one he had the exact same reaction.
I wish, I wish he'd go away."
-From Identity

All in the Family - when Edith is sexually assaulted and after when Gloria is talking to her about going to the police.

I would like to see a person who didn't cry at this!

Smells mystical, doesn't it?
I would like to see a person who didn't cry at this!

I didn't. But I don't watch Futurama.

Spooks has done it for me a few times when certain characters have died, the deaths of
WARNING: "spooks" spoilers below
Colin, Tariq and Ruth
made me cry.

^ I put spoiler tags on for people who haven't seen Spooks and want to watch it without getting the deaths spoilt for them.