Best of 2006 so far...

Tools    

I ain't gettin' in no fryer!
Originally Posted by Holden Pike
Or rather, we haven't drunken the Kool-Aid.
Couldn't of said it better!
"I was walking down the street with my friend and he said, "I hear music", as if there is any other way you can take it in. You're not special, that's how I receive it too. I tried to taste it but it did not work." - Mitch Hedberg

of the so-fa--r-watched movies i've watched-so-far this year, art school confidential was pretty good. good make fun of murder mystery, twist endings suck, but the thing i really liked was the film-within-a-film of the inept art school roomate, even if it served no purpose except as cinematic foil.

better than ghost world, see you this comment mr. joseph strummer? if so you should see the movie.

ps "i'm not your whore any more"

I got for good luck my black tooth.
Originally Posted by linespalsy
better than ghost world, see you this comment mr. joseph strummer? if so you should see the movie.
"Are you...talking ta me?"

Originally Posted by BobbyB
Same here. I thought Little Miss Sunshine and 16 Blocks were good, but neither are "Best of The Year" material.
Sorry can't agree with you about 16 Blocks, I thought it was a load of s**t

Originally Posted by Captain Driftwood
In no particular order:

Clerks II
Little Miss Sunshine
V for Vendetta
Inside Man
Thank You For Smoking
X3 : The Last Stand
The Break Up
The Devil Wears Prada
Slither
American Dreamz
Hard Candy
Snakes on a Plane
Talladegga Nights
The Descent
Crank

and those to avoid
John Tucker Must Die
Superman Returns
My Super Ex-Girlfriend
See no Evil
Invincible

I don't even know where to start...Sorry, I just think your list is way off.
"It is not from the benevolence of the butcher, the brewer, or the baker that we expect our dinner, but from their regard to their own interest. We address ourselves, not to their humanity but to their self-love, and never talk to them of our own necessities but of their advantages." -Adam Smith "Wealth of Nations"

porkchop sandwiches

Originally Posted by BobbyB
What was wrong with it?
It was sixteen city block's worth of clichés. It's the very definition of average, uninventive, by-the-book, tired, hack Hollywood filmmaking 101.

Why, what did you think was right with it?
"Film is a disease. When it infects your bloodstream it takes over as the number one hormone. It bosses the enzymes, directs the pineal gland, plays Iago to your psyche. As with heroin, the antidote to Film is more Film." - Frank Capra

NOT ACTUALLY BANNED
I thought Mos Def was really good in his role. The writing may not have been the best, but the movie was fun and so I atleast think it was enjoyable.

Personal favs from what i can remember:

The Hills Have Eyes
Slither
The Proposition
Severance
Snakes on a Plane

Worst

Final Destination 3
Hostel

Missing

Manderlay
Evil Aliens

V for Vendetta was enjoyable
XMen was laughable
Little Miss Sunshine was a joy to watch- a surprise, didn't know how much I would like it.

Originally Posted by firegod
I haven't seen very many new movies lately. I'm very pleased to see so many people praise V for Vendetta. After watching it 5 times, it is now my favorite movie ever.
Really? That movie put me to sleep. Although everytime that chairman of the board, of whatever he was, came on the screen and shouted, I was startled awake.

My personal favourite for this year is Lucky Number Slevin

I'd go for V for Vendetta or Xmen 3, havent been in the cinemas a lot due to my schoolwork, but i think 2006 isnt such a great movie year.

And do check my "art": Deviant

X3 : The Last Stand, Crank, Silient hill are the best movies of this year!!!

Horror: Silent hill,See no evil
Actions:Miami Vice,Crank,V for Vendeta
Comedies:Benchwarmers,Grandma's Boy
Movies that I liked a lot:Lucky number Slevin,Pirates of the CarribeanMC,Underworld:Evolution,Hard Candy,Inside man
Movies not worth seeing(worst):Poseidon,MI:3,Sentinel,Click

There are others but can't think of them right now

da vinci code and the illusionist are the best so far

28 days...6 hours...42 minutes...12 seconds
Nothing above an 8.5 this year from me, yet.

So far A Scanner Darkly is my favourite film.

Suspect's Reviews

I'm not old, you're just 12.
My favourite this year so far?

Superman Returns. I am just a huge Superman fan, and I tend to liek anything Superman, except for Superman 4, which was hideous.

Also liked V for Vendetta, The Proposition, Hard Candy, Taladega Nights, X-Men 3...I think thats all the good movies I saw this year. Tis not been a good year so far, but I'm looking forward to seeing The Departed on friday, cause Scorsese is always good, and it has Jack Nicholson.

Movies to avoid?

Crank
The Covenant
The Black Dahlia (though read the book. the book is genius)

the only movie that really stands out for me this year is A Scanner Darkly...great movie

any one seen Children of Men? Is it worth me handing ove my 6 quid?