The Movie Forums Top 100 Horror Movies

→ in
Tools    

I will send a list!

please someone remind me before due date I reaaaallly want to put a list on

I had an idea for future genre countdown host, that hopefully would make things go smoother...Instead of using just IMDB as a source for genre tags, a movie could be ruled 'in' if one or more of these sites had it tagged as the genre of the countdown: IMDB, Rotten Tomatoes or Wikipedia. That 3 way base for genre tags would allow more movies to be included and hopefully that would be to everyone's liking. Just a thought

I had an idea for future genre countdown host, that hopefully would make things go smoother...Instead of using just IMDB as a source for genre tags, a movie could be ruled 'in' if one or more of these sites had it tagged as the genre of the countdown: IMDB, Rotten Tomatoes or Wikipedia. That 3 way base for genre tags would allow more movies to be included and hopefully that would be to everyone's liking. Just a thought

Exactly. I'm not sure how much "trust" can be put in any of them, but it adds a lot more options. I'm still open to changing it since we still have over a week left.. I think relying on movie websites soecializing in the field is a good option.

Actually, we might not want to use Wikipedia. Anyone can go and edit that.

Exactly. I'm not sure how much "trust" can be put in any of them, but it adds a lot more options. I'm still open to changing it since we still have over a week left.. I think relying on movie websites soecializing in the field is a good option.

Actually, we might not want to use Wikipedia. Anyone can go and edit that.
Whoops, I didn't mean to restart the conservation...as other's pointed out it's too late to debate the rules of the countdown now. I was thinking of future countdowns for action, thriller, etc... and thinking maybe some good can come from the last half dozen pages.

Hopefully. I personally would love to do handle a war movie thread. I kean yeah I blew a fuse today but this is the first time I've done that. I can handle the rules, but do we want to include anti-war movies? Grave of the Fireflies isn't much of a war movie.

What list is after this one?
Hopefully next will be a decades one, pre 1930s. We've always done a decades then a genre countdown, then back to the next decade. A lot of MoFo's seem to be into silent films more so than the 1930s movies, so I think there would be enough interest to make it happen. Besides there's lots of great short silent films too...After that one? who knows, war, western, romance, maybe even musicals!

Hopefully. I personally would love to do handle a war movie thread. I kean yeah I blew a fuse today but this is the first time I've done that. I can handle the rules, but do we want to include anti-war movies? Grave of the Fireflies isn't much of a war movie.
Down with a War-list-HoF-countdown.. also 2000-2009 ERA..

I'm going to wait until the 14th and see if Aliens doesn't change genres. If not, I'll replace it. So I'm checking Imdb every couple hours to see if it changes.

28 days...6 hours...42 minutes...12 seconds
I'm going to wait until the 14th and see if Aliens doesn't change genres. If not, I'll replace it. So I'm checking Imdb every couple hours to see if it changes.
It won't.

Suspect's Reviews

I can hope and pray. Besides, I'm not the only one waiting for the last minute to complete the list. I know the chances are slim.

I mean, you do you, but this is completely pointless. It would need multiple votes to make it onto the countdown. So even if - by some miracle - the genre does change, you will likely be the only person voting for it and it won't make the cut.

I mean, you do you, but this is completely pointless. It would need multiple votes to make it onto the countdown. So even if - by some miracle - the genre does change, you will likely be the only person voting for it and it won't make the cut.

I don't need it to make the cut. I just want to see if I can put it on my list as an eligible representative. If not, I'm fine. Honestly, I've been talking about this with a lot of people and asking them to help me cool down. I was going to just make the list, but one of my friends told me to wait and see.