I'm coming to the states!

Tools    

Hello Salem, my name's Winifred. What's yours
ok this friday im coming the US, florida to go disneyland with my familia. Whats good in florida, anything we should check out? Tips for survival?

i'm SUPER GOOD at Jewel karaoke
i live about 2 hours from Disneyworld. this state is a plague! going to Florida in July? you are going to melt!

where are you from?

merry ole england, and im as pale as casper and i burn like bacon, i refuse to call it disneyworld - i just think it sounds better. 2 weeks in the sun im gonna come back like a sunkissed tomato.

Originally Posted by undercoverlover
i refuse to call it disneyworld - i just think it sounds better.
if you call it Disneyland, people will think you're either stupid, or going to California.

if you go into a park where everywhere you turn it says Disneyworld people are not going to think you're ignorant they are going to think you're blind.

Disneyland is probably better anyway. i don't know cause ive never been. (to Disneyland that is)

there's a frog in my snake oil
Feeling bratty today eh ash?

Tips for survival?
Survival kit for pale face in Florida -

Protective Clothing
Large Floppy Hats
Hoot-Owl Size Sunglasses
1 Case of SPF 65 Sunscreen
1 Case Aloe Vera Gel for Sunburn
15 ounce jar of Silvadene burn cream
1 Air-Conditioned Hotel Room

J/K

Drinks and snacks are extremely expensive inside the theme parks so I always took a back pack loaded with a few goodies with me.... and if you stay at one of the resorts on Disney, be sure to ask the desk clerks if they have any special park times.... the last time I went, we got to go to the park after hours and ride stuff....

Hope you have a fun time....

AiSv Nv wa do hi ya do...
(Walk in Peace)

Ground Control To Major Thom
over here, people dont know theres a difference, usa folks can put it down to english ignorance.
speak for yourself.

Go to NASA.

28 days...6 hours...42 minutes...12 seconds
I say skip Disney and go to Universal Studios/ Island of Adventure.

And watch out for those sting rays in the water....bad expierence.

Suspect's Reviews

Originally Posted by ash_is_the_gal
if you go into a park where everywhere you turn it says Disneyworld people are not going to think you're ignorant they are going to think you're blind.

Disneyland is probably better anyway. i don't know cause ive never been. (to Disneyland that is)
I went to Disney Land once a long time ago. The thing that stuck in my head was the cleanliness of the park. No garbage in site. I had a ball at Universal Studios though. That was the hilight during my stay in California. Loved the old Psycho House.

i enjoyed Island of Adventure myself... and Blizzard Beach. you should go to Blizzard Beach. at least you won't be roastin!

Epcott is a lovely little place too.

Put me in your pocket...
Originally Posted by Caitlyn
Drinks and snacks are extremely expensive inside the theme parks so I always took a back pack loaded with a few goodies with me.... and if you stay at one of the resorts on Disney, be sure to ask the desk clerks if they have any special park times.... the last time I went, we got to go to the park after hours and ride stuff....

Hope you have a fun time....
Great tips. We did that too and boy were we glad we took extra snacks with us.

Another useful tip is if everyone doesn't have a cell phone...think about getting walkie talkies to keep track of each other in the park. There will probably come a time when you want to do something and your parents (or siblings) will want to do something else and the walkies talkies take the angst out of finding each other again.

Are you staying in the park Undercoverlover?

I went Florida a few years ago, Islands of Adventure is definitely the best, and Universal Studios and the water park one as well. Walkie Talkies are also something we used, good idea if not everyone likes white knuckles. If you're only going to the Disney one, i found the Toy Story Buzz Lightyear ride the best there.

Originally Posted by Pyro Tramp
i found the Toy Story Buzz Lightyear ride the best there.
that is, by far, my favorite Disney ride ever.

Originally Posted by Aniko
Great tips. We did that too and boy were we glad we took extra snacks with us.

Another useful tip is if everyone doesn't have a cell phone...think about getting walkie talkies to keep track of each other in the park. There will probably come a time when you want to do something and your parents (or siblings) will want to do something else and the walkies talkies take the angst out of finding each other again.

Are you staying in the park Undercoverlover?

no we're not staying in the park i think we're renting a house nearby, i skim read the details my dad gave me and it was something like a disney housing area or something.

Cheers Caitlyn, half my suitcase will be full of sunscreen and the aloe vera sounds like a plan.

Does anyone know whats good eating in the area?

Standing in the Sunlight, Laughing
Tip 1: anything you've heard about food portions being huge in the US will be shown shockingly true at Disney. They don't serve anything that is smaller than your head.

A second tip: go on the water rides before the heat of the day, as the lines get long long long long long as soon as people have lunch.

Lastly: if you liked Pirates of the Carribbean, make sure you go on the ride. Also, it's cool (temp-wise) in there, which makes it a nice break from the heat. So is the Haunted Mansion. (I'm assuming they have the same rides at Disney World as Disneyland.)

Have a great time!