The UK Voting Referendum

Tools    

I'm with Christine. I know you feel it's all out of control and you feel you've been sold down the river, but honestly, I suspect you'll barely notice any difference in everyday life.

Cici, yes that's admittedly awful I know but the equivalent happens in European countries too. Far right wing nationalist parties are popular in a lot of Europe, and ones far worse than UKIP - I'm not saying that's excusable, but just saying they exist and are on the rise thoughout Europe.

oh and Cici, the British do have a history of facing down the far right when they get too fractious. We had Mosley's Blackshirts which were banned after WW2 started. We lived through Powell's rivers of blood speech and life went on. We got rid of the threat of the National Front by campaigning with the Anti Nazi League (that was scary times in London in the late 70s) . I'm sure given time the natural fairness of British culture will soften the hurt feeliings you're all having at the mo . x

Come to the Republic, stay a day or four, have a drink or eight and forget all about it until the flight home
Hmmmm .... reckon I should go work for Fáilte Ireland

The People's Republic of Clogher
The reason I said that Boris was running with the hares and hunting with the hounds is because of the Telegraph interview a few days ago - "I cannot stress too much that Britain is part of Europe and always will be" - which, apparently, ruffled a few Brexit feathers. He was already public enemy #1 with the Remain Tories so all it took for him to see the writing on the wall was Gove entering the race.

At least you'd get the odd laugh out of Boris. Gove, to paraphrase Thatcher talking about Michael Howard, has something of the night about him.

HK - I swear I heard Jezza raise his voice while addressing his congregation the other day. It's more than he did during the referendum.

The Conservatives will pay electorally for not allowing Boris to lead their party. I'm sure he'll be back sometime, though.

I can't stand Michael Gove.

The Conservatives will pay electorally for not allowing Boris to lead their party. I'm sure he'll be back sometime, though.

I can't stand Michael Gove.
I still have enough of the teacher in me to dislike Gove even more than the rest of the Tory front bench.

That said, very clever move from him today - Who'd have thought that the ultimate 'stop Boris' candidate would come from the Leave camp?

Go on Hezza tell it like it it!...a glorious put down.

Both Heseltine and Ken Clarke have been on Radio 4's Any Questions recently and I've agreed with everything they've said . The oldies rule

We've gone on holiday by mistake
No, but all you hear is hate crimes being reported where I live, no one has any comprehensive plan as to what to do now, and UKIP are surging in support. It really doesn't look too great at the moment.
Farage for Emperor!

Long live Emperor Hodgepodge!!
I do wonder sometimes whether or not it is coincidence that his surname is so close to Farrago which means "a confused mixture"

Long live Emperor Hodgepodge!!
I do wonder sometimes whether or not it is coincidence that his surname is so close to Farrago which means "a confused mixture"
or 'garage' where you put all your rubbish

I took a trip to the EU today, actually.

It was quite the job: Avoiding the lakes full of faceless bureaucrats, gallons, sorry, litres of immigrants and nonsensical regulations literally raining from the sky.

Filled the Tattymobile up with diesel in Brussels Emyvale.

No idea why this bastardised lyric popped in my head just now but it honestly did

"EU standing there - what you got to stare at? I'm not shy of your beady little eye that views me like some mishap"

from Give Me An Inch by The UK ... © Anyone that wants it

proper version for those that don't know it

wonder if Faraggo, Gove or Boris have ever thought of recording it?

Is it just me, or is the 'European' tag to this thread looking a bit awkward...?
If you guys actually voted to move the entire country out of Europe, then suddenly the response we're seeing makes a lot more sense to me.

If you guys actually voted to move the entire country out of Europe, then suddenly the response we're seeing makes a lot more sense to me.
geographically britain is still part of europe . it has moved out of the european union .