Last Days on Mars

→ in
Tools    

My life's a disaster zone.
So last night I settled down to watch a film and flicking through Netflix, The Last Days on Mars popped up as a suggestion. I figured I'd never heard of it so gave it a shot. It stars Liev Schreiber, Elias Koteas, Romola Garai (who is easy on the eye) plus a load of other actors I'd barely heard of. The plot is basic; Astronauts living on Mars on the final day of 6 month mission stumble across virus which turns them into zombies. That's it. I laughed out loud when the zombies started appearing because up to that point the film was pretty 'realistic' - by which I mean the film looked great aesthetically with some good effects work on the Mars base. The way the crew interacted reminded me of Alien and there are numerous references to the Alien films throughout. It's not a great film, but if you like sci-fi and zombie flicks then this is worth a try.

Ooh, forgot to mention this was directed by Ruairi Robinson who did the incredible 'Leviathan' proof of concept short film either last year or the year before. I read that Leviathan has been green lighted for a full length film which could be amazing. If you haven't seen the short film then I highly recommend searching it and giving it a look.

28 days...6 hours...42 minutes...12 seconds
Not a fan of this one. It started off decent, then fell into absurdity really quickly. I did a mini review somewhere on here, I thought, but can't find it.

Probably a
if I recall.

Suspect's Reviews

I did search to see if anybody has reviewed it but couldn't find anything. Yeah I agree, absurd in a flash, such a shame because the first 20 mins were great.