Movies that you generally hated but others believe they are great

Tools    

Originally Posted by Nitzer
"Signs." I hate that movie so very, very much. Why can't everyone just realize how much it sucks?
The first part of this quote is not what seems to be the problem, I mean you really think this movie sucks, your entitled to say that and I do not think anyone here minds that you think it sucks. Trust me there are plenty of people here that do agree with you. It is the second part of your quote that is a bit presumptuous "Why can't everyone just realize how much it sucks?" In order for this to happen people would have to change how they feel about the movie and most people do not like to be told how they should feel. For example if I told you, "Why cant you realize that this movie is good? Dont you know that it is a great movie?" Wouldnt that seem a bit rude? Now I would never actually say that and mean it because you are entitled to your thoughts, but you are not entitled to tell others how to feel. Now after saying all that I must add that in no way am I offended by what you have said up to now, and I am not trying to ridicule you. This is just a friendly tip on how to socialize within the forum and gain respect no matter what your own thoughts are. Then again I am a redneck from Florida so what do I know?

Originally Posted by John McClane
I agree with you 100%, Slay. I mean the title of this thread is "Movies that you generally hated but others believe they are great" not "Tell everybody what movies they should hate."
Quit agreeing with me or I'll chop off your big toe.
"Today, war is too important to be left to politicians. They have neither the time, the training, nor the inclination for strategic thought. I can no longer sit back and allow Communist infiltration, Communist indoctrination, Communist subversion and the international Communist conspiracy to sap and impurify all of our precious bodily fluids."

You ready? You look ready.
Originally Posted by LordSlaytan
Quit agreeing with me or I'll chop off your big toe.
Ahhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!! Not my big toe.
"This is that human freedom, which all boast that they possess, and which consists solely in the fact, that men are conscious of their own desire, but are ignorant of the causes whereby that desire has been determined." -Baruch Spinoza

You're still irritating me.

Actually, it's because a number of your posts have been, "You're idiots for liking this!" That grates on my nerves. Have fun alienating yourself, tho'.
I agree with you 100%, Slay. I mean the title of this thread is "Movies that you generally hated but others believe they are great" not "Tell everybody what movies they should hate.

(Guarding big toe)

Originally Posted by 7thson
I agree with you 100%, Slay. I mean the title of this thread is "Movies that you generally hated but others believe they are great" not "Tell everybody what movies they should hate.

(Guarding big toe)
Watch it, bud. If you don't I'll be forced to remove your big toe myself.

Originally Posted by John McClane
Watch it, bud. If you don't I'll be forced to remove your big toe myself.
So is it strange putting your own quote quoted by someone else into a quote box?

At the risk of being redundant...

Moulin Rouge, Titanic, Pearl Harbor, and A Beautiful Mind...

Just don't get the attraction.

Out of those four, I only disliked Pearl Harbor. Well, I liked it when Affleck was smacked in the nose with the champagne cork. I laughed a lot at that. Look at his face, it looked like it really hurt.

Movies I've never cared for that a lot of people like are slasher films. I liked Halloween, but all the others bore me. I do like regular horror movies like Rosemary's Baby, Blair Witch, and The Omen, tho'.

A system of cells interlinked
The Fast and the Furious

The Hulk

There are those who call me...Tim.
I thought The Fast and the Furious was ok. Not because I'm into cars (as long as it has 3 ormore wheels and drives, I'm happy) but because I thought it was pretty fun to watch.
One film I can't stand that nearly everyone seems to love is The Lion King. I admit that the opening is fantastic, but after that I just get bored, and the songs aren't as good as previous Disney movies either.

SHREK!!!!! now don't get me wrong, I still somewhat enjoyed it but I was mostly dissappointed.The graphics were sexy and the voice acting was good but it seems that the only reason this was so succesful is because of the all-star cast.Can you say "Commercial Hand-job!".

I love Moulin Rouge as well.

I can't stand Adam Sandler movies, even though I think he's quite talented.

Yep, well, not like I expected that there weren't people out there who liked those movies... after all that's why I posted in this thread... *sigh* Personal preference is different for everyone.

You're still irritating me.

Actually, it's because a number of your posts have been, "You're idiots for liking this!" That grates on my nerves. Have fun alienating yourself, tho'.

I agree with you 100%, Slay. I mean the title of this thread is "Movies that you generally hated but others believe they are great" not "Tell everybody what movies they should hate."

(Checking the polish on my big toe)

AiSv Nv wa do hi ya do...
(Walk in Peace)

Full Frontal (d. Steven Soderbergh, 2002)

Oh, wait a moment, no. I'm the one who loves Full Frontal and it's everybody else who hates it.

Idiots.

Originally Posted by Caitlyn

(Checking the polish on my big toe)
That line should become a famous quote. I mean everyone's using it so I guess it should be famous. And I agree with Caitlyn, who agrees with Slay, who doesn't want people agreeing with him but it's happening anyways.

Evil spelled backwards is Live!
I hated The House of 1000 Corpses but everybody else loved it. I don't know...I just didn't think it was THAT scary.