37.78%
17 votes
X-Men: The Last Stand
62.22%
28 votes
Superman Returns
45 votes. You may not vote on this poll

www.forumninja.com
There seems to be a cinematic superhero brawl every year. Which did you enjoy more, X-Men: The Last Stand or Superman Returns? Both have received mixed reviews, so I'm eager to find out what everyone picks.

Personally, I wasn't a huge fan of X3, although I certainly didn't hate it. I did enjoy Superman Returns; however, I found something in it lacking (probably Lois Lane and/or Lex Luthor).

I am Jack's sense of overused quote
Well in Superman people acted, a plot unfolded, the pace wasn't stuck on 1st gear, and there was no ridiculous parade of money lines.

I think we know which I liked better.

Many will say Superman is better and looking at it film wise it was. It had better acting and a better story than X3 but i vote for X3 just because I find superman to be the most annoying super hero. I just hate that character and all the other characters in that universe. I love the back story and messages about discrimination that X-men delivers. I also grew up with X-men and I have always not been able to stand super man and all his damn powers its like cmon man stop doing everything and give the bad guys a chance. We know his one weakness its not like there is going to be any suprise how Lex Luther will weaken superman this time.

Lost in never never land
I would have to say that Superman Returns was better. I really liked X3, but it was very much action driven at the expense of character development. Superman Returns allowed character development to happen along with that action.
I wish, I wish he'd go away."
-From Identity

28 days...6 hours...42 minutes...12 seconds
If it were X-2 this would be a different story, but since it's The Last Stand, I'm going with Superman.

Suspect's Reviews

I saw Superman Returns and I was the only guy there.

Although it is certainly different than the first two movies X-3 seems like a part 3 of a trilogy to me, while Superman seems almost like a remake. It is not of course, but X-3 gets my vote here. I did enjoy Superman, but it seemed a bit...ummm....................average?

www.forumninja.com
See, to me, X3 didn't seem like the third part of a major motion picture trilogy. It felt more like a TV film used to wrap up some loose ends in a very small amount of space.

superman returns

Beware The Probe!
I liked both movies.
X-men 3 was more of a comic book made into a movie while Superman Returns was a movie made from a comic book.
If that makes any sense at all.

Overall, I'd give Supes my vote.

both Hugely dissapointing and i'd say bad but if u got no choice i'd say Superman Returns

but dont blame me if u dont like either one of them

Superman... I am getting tired of the whole XMEN thing... it needs a long break.

Superman Sucked. X-Men takes it down.

Movie Forums Stage-Hand
Walk The Line

www.forumninja.com
You are just so gosh-darn wacky. Kooky, even.

I liked X3 better. Superman Returns was good, but X3 owned it.

Dean Koontz, Odd Thomas

Superman in my opinion was a better movie, although i personally hate him, hes like some 5 year old playing superheros with his friends and makes up alot of powers to make them jelous. (yes i know, bad example) x-men wouldve had me, cept they added so many new characters and they ended up hardly having anything to do with the story. Like archangel, i mean, yes he is a sweet character and gave a good example of a person confused and being pushed by society to change, just he didnt fight or anything, and was only in like, 3 scenes. Along with juggernaut and the others. Just got ridiculus.
No one...

I respectfully disagree. X-Men 3 outclasses Superman Returns in every way that matters. Superman is burdened with a dialogue-heavy, action-light plot that just does nothing but remind us that we’ve seen these exact characters played by much better actors in the past. Were did they find that kid to play the lead? He was cardboard. I heard they spent over 260 million to make this movie. You really wonder where it all went unless they funded and built a time machine to go back to the 1970s and grab Christopher Reeve’s untalented stunt double and bring him to the set. This child may look like a young Christopher Reeve but he sure doesn’t have Reeve’s chops or his presence.

Director Bryan Singer takes Superman 1 & 2 way too seriously here and as a result, this movie suffers. The film's storytelling stumbles frequently. The story often loses focus and is filled with absolute foolishness that really isn’t worthy of this modern comic book era. Maniacal cartoonish villains hell bent on killing billions with a hair-brained, nonsensical plan may have worked in the 1970s but it’s just too silly for the modern thought process. There is also very little in this movie to develop anticipation toward the near ending. I say near ending because after Superman’s miraculous feat of hurling a Kryptonite land mass in to space the movie still runs on and on. Like Superman, most of the audience needed to be resuscitated from a near coma that was induced trying to stay awake and focused on this movie and its childish plot. Adding to the malaise was the acting. It seemed perfunctory, and there was little chemistry, between the love interests or even the enemies. Returns, in general, is also remarkably shallow. That’s not easy to accomplish when a movie runs this long and is this light on action. The clumsy message they were trying to impart doesn’t need interpretation. The metaphysical/religious "plot" is just burdensome baggage. The original Superman was good despite the corny story and foolish missile plot. Returns centers on the wrong things. That's why it was dull and even slightly embarrassing to watch. This movie falls into the abyss of most sequels - excellent advertising for an at-best mediocre product. (One huge star for the flying and the airplane scene, though. I liked seeing Superman leave a sonic boom in his wake) More and more people who have seen both are saying that X3 is the better all-around film.

A system of cells interlinked
Superman Returns