Transformers 3: Dark of the Moon

→ in
Tools    

All right, let me start off by saying that I do not in anyway like Transformers. As a kid, I never watched the series and don't know jack crap about it now. However, when I went to see this film I did it only because my fiance' asked me too. Okay, now that I have explained WHY I saw this and I can go on to what I thought of it. The film was actually very good, it had a good storyline, impressive special effects and the music was awesome. I haven't seen the other films so I can't really judge very well on this movie. Well, actually I take that bad I saw probably 45 minutes of the first film but then stopped watching it because it just didn't interest me. But what I saw was actually very good and I liked it. So I give it a 5 out of 5 stars.

Well, considering Revenge of the Fallen was arguably the worst movie I've ever seen, I didn't bother to see this one. I refuse to throw more money down the Bay Toilet.

And, of course, the biggest reason people hated the second can be summed up in just two words:

Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen]Robot. Heaven.
At least Steve Jablonsky's score was great.

whats wrong with "robot heaven"??? why couldnt the transformers have a higher power or belief...

does anyone remember what happened to starscream when he died, all 3 times...he was a ghost inside of unicrom...

so why not a robot heaven or hell even. they have feelings and independant thoughts, they think on their own and dont have "masters" who give them orders, they have generals and sergents...

just my thoughts...

well who else would go?? who else did bumbebee decide to make aliances with.

this is one of the things that happened in the movie this certain way, because optiums does die, and them we get hotrod...no one lliked him, if you thought O had his soap box, the hotrod, has one twice as big.

we all hated him. so somebody ha to be trusted enough to bring him back, and it did change the movie, 2 was supposed to be g-2/g-3, but hotrod changed things, and by this time megatron is dead, and starscream is in charge...

so, if that were the case, the movie would have been different, and 3 still wouldnt be the end...and a new movie would be coming out, and we would be getting angry and annoyed...

so yes, in 2 it had to be sam who saved prime. whats wrong with sam, i spent a lot of time with sam and bumblebee over the past years, and hes funny in that dorky way, which is me all the way...

but you really did not want the other guy in charge, and somebody better had saved prime..

and am i the only one who is like tyresse??!!!! and that douch who married fergie??!

really i hate them and every movie i cant believe that both of them have lived!!!!! damn...why wont they die.."bring the rain"..we cant even joke about that in this house hold...

whats wrong with "robot heaven"??? why couldnt the transformers have a higher power or belief...
Two problems with it:

1) Why posit a separate God? Do you think there's a Dog God, or a Fish God?

2) A human went to robot heaven. Re: your explanation for this. I don't see why just spending a lot of time with a robot would cause this to happen.

3) With few exceptions, having your characters enter the afterlife in a film that isn't explicitly about spiritual themes is kind of like cheating. So, even if not a plot hole, it's just crappy storytelling.

Except for the fact that we've yet to find ancient sea scrolls with paw prints on them.

There's all sorts of logistical problems with that kind of pantheism, anyway, but I don't want to turn this into a theological discussion. Well, okay, I do, but I doubt anyone else does.

they had their own planet, and were old as time its self....they can have what ever worship they see fit...and their robots, they dont die, just kind of sleep...

starscream was a ghost living inside unicroms head, until he was so annoying unicrom sent starscream back to earth and brought him back to life...

these movies are for all of us who watched g1-g4 and loved it and missed it. it dosent have to make sense...its a cartoon that orginated in japan, and it was stupid they didnt like it, so america said let us have it...

and in 1984...transformers was the best thing since sliced bread...

besides i like sam and company alot better than spike and his duffy single dad who was always kidnapped, and needed to be rescued. spike was not cute, not funny and i didnt care if bumblebee ever saved him.

i will admit it was stupid, and rushed, but i explained it. hot roddmuis is a douch bag...and has a soap box big as the empire state building. we HATE him. so, he was written out. prime was supposed to die, he was saved.

these movies are for all of us who watched g1-g4 and loved it and missed it. it dosent have to make sense...
I disagree with both of these points.

As someone who loves the original Transformers cartoon, these movies are absolutely not for me. Let's take a beloved franchise that works for all-ages and throw in excessive violence and unneccessary sex, then market it to kids. OK, that applies to a lot of franchises these days, but it offended me most with Transformers.

Also, if I'm spending money to be entertained by something that is supposed to tell a story, I prefer the story makes sense. Does it need to be realistic? No. Thought provoking? Not neccessarily? Have some type of cohesive plot and narrative, at least within itself? Yes.

Movie Forums Stage-Hand
While it wasn't as good as the first Transformers movie, I think it was a lot better than the second one. There is definite room to improve though. I think they should focus on the autobots more than the humans.

Movie Forums Extra
Transformers was awesome, from transformers 1st, 2nd, 3rd, i really love this movie

The Drunk and Happy
This one was a total six-pack!
Verdict: If you saw the first two movies, I say pre-game and watch this one. If you’re into what Michael Bay does, blow **** up, then this movie is right up your alley. If you don’t care about a plot, but like to be teased by a smoking hot body such as Rosie Huntington-Whiteley’s, go see it.

Good whiskey make jackrabbit slap de bear.
I'm actually one of the few who likes Michael Bay and most of his films, but I don't know how anyone could find this "enjoyable". The first hour is incredibly slow, boring and no Bay explosions to keep me mildly interested. The last part with all the explosions doesn't make up for it. And this movie has John Tutturo, John Malkovich and Francis McDormand! C'mon.

I refuse to even rank this in Bay's filmography, because, even for his public reputation, this is poor.

28 days...6 hours...42 minutes...12 seconds
While it was an improvement over the horrid sequel known as Revenge of the Fallen, I can't help but feel that this entry also drops the ball, somewhat. I can't believe I'm saying this, but I was bored with the action at the end. What the Transformers series lacks in story/depth, it made up for (a bit) with the special effects and action. This entry was overload on both, very abrasive and I looked at my watch more than once, which is rare for me.

Suspect's Reviews

We've gone on holiday by mistake
I must be one of the only people who thinks Revenge Of The Fallen is (barely) enjoyable.
Yup you are in the 0.01%.

Btw I am a strong advocate that Tranformers 3 was WORSE that 2.

The first 30 minutes of this movie were excellent and I waited something special. But no. The Megan Fox replacement did not have any meaningful part in this movie and the new Autobot characters were - how would I put it... - cliches. The needles slaughtering in the end scene left a really bad taste.

More complaining here.

If you feel that there is morally something wrong in the new Transformers you can take some action here.