THE DARK KNIGHT (Nolan's BATMAN sequel)

Tools    

The Dark Knight was absolutely amazing.

Ditto - the quote from Ghost, but um was stolen from Archie comics...still: DITTO!

Really..? I thought the cinematography was one of it's weakest aspects.
What movie are you talking about ?

Not this one right ?

Anyone who has any appreciation for an amazing looking film - can agree , that Dark Knight is easily one of the best shot films ever done. So much detail goes into the whole movie , it completely blew me away seeing this all in one movie.

OK is it really that good I mean it's #1 in IMDB top 250 with 69000 votes and only yesterday were 23000.A Batman movie being the greatest movie of all time come on are you serious?!

In the Beginning...
OK is it really that good I mean it's #1 in IMDB top 250 with 69000 votes and only yesterday were 23000.A Batman movie being the greatest movie of all time come on are you serious?!
I think it's a clear case of a film being hyped into the stratosphere for 18 months, and then actually living up to those expectations. It's not perfect, nor anywhere close to "Greatest Film of All Time." But right now, it's all the rage because it didn't disappoint.

I think it's a clear case of a film being hyped into the stratosphere for 18 months, and then actually living up to those expectations. It's not perfect, nor anywhere close to "Greatest Film of All Time." But right now, it's all the rage because it didn't disappoint.
Do you think that Heath Ledger's death had something to do with the movie selling so good,because I heard earlier today a friend of mine(girl)that she'll go see the movie because of Heath Ledger's last performance which I found quite stupid to make profit of someones death(not that they are doing it intentionally)

Was she a fan of Heath before his death? Can she name other films than Brokeback Mountain or 10 Things I Hate About You? Because i've not found many self called fans (post death) who could.

I'd never heard everyday folk (i.e. not people into film) mention him at all, save for those 2 films, a teen flick and controversial recent film.

Bright light. Bright light. Uh oh.
It's possible. I think some people took notice when he played Mel Gibson's son in The Patriot. It may not have been a big deal in the U.K., bit it grossed over $100 mill in the U.S. Then, he was the lead in the cult/camp medieval musical A Knight's Tale. Those were the first two I really noticed him in, but I guess I'm not everyday folk.

In the Beginning...
Do you think that Heath Ledger's death had something to do with the movie selling so good
It was already going to be a box-office smash, but yes, I think his death sold a good many more tickets unfortunately. Perhaps people wanted to gander at his final performance. Perhaps it was also the speculation at the time of his death that the Joker role had something to do with his insomnia. I don't know. But what was already a highly anticipated performance became legendary before the film was even close to release.

And of course, all the slick viral marketing attached to the film didn't hurt.

It also didn't hurt that the movie was pretty good. I think that always helps sell tickets. I'm only being quasi facetious. Ironman was almost as good as this flick and the word of mouth spread so fast that it shot out to a monster total of people and cash flow. So its not a huge surprise that a bunch of sheep are herding into another good flick, baaaaa. I'm probably even going to go see it again. Dig?

I am burdened with glorious purpose
Hey, if they went into the theatre just to see Heath's last performance -- a kind of rubbernecking as it were -- so what? What they saw was brilliant, mesmerizing, and one the best acting performances ever done. And they got to see that.... what a wonderful legacy for Heath to have.

Heath was just unbelievable. The movie was great with a tight and smart script but I have to say that every time Heath was on the screen, I was totally entertained and completely mesmerized. I felt twinges of disappointment when he wasn't there.

The Academy remembered Depp years ago when it came time to honor a summer popcorn flick. I think they'll honor this performance. It's just so good. My son and I were doing his lines driving home ("it's all part of the plan," "here we go," etc.). We couldn't stop thinking about him.

Wow. what a movie!

here here
[punches him in the face, grabs him and points his gun right at his throat] I never said anything about the FBI. She's my partner, ese. And if anything happens to her, I will find you and I will kill you. I won't think twice. Come here, look in my eyes. [pushes barrel of the gun into his mouth and cocks it] Look at my face. If anything happens to her, I will kill you. This is between you and me, and nobody sees, nobody knows.

Being #1 on IMDB dosen't make it the best movie of all time. It's just the most commonly loved movie on there.

Wait . . . .A Knight's Tale wasn't a musical!?! I remember we will rock you but that wasn't even sung by the main cast.

Also let's give Monster's Ball a shout out.I haven't seen I'm Not There is that good?

A system of cells interlinked
I love The Dark Knight, but, claiming it is one of the most well filmed movies ever is a crock.

You need to see more movies, kid.

Why's there a gun in your trousers?
It was already going to be a box-office smash, but yes, I think his death sold a good many more tickets unfortunately. Perhaps people wanted to gander at his final performance. Perhaps it was also the speculation at the time of his death that the Joker role had something to do with his insomnia. I don't know. But what was already a highly anticipated performance became legendary before the film was even close to release.

And of course, all the slick viral marketing attached to the film didn't hurt.
Its true but whats sad is that this wasn't Ledgers final performance. He will be in Terry Gilliam's "The Imaginarium of Doctor Parnassus" along with Johnny Depp, Jude Law, and Colin Farrell who will be playing his role in the movie as well. I loved "The Dark Knight" but I think its unfairly going to overshadow his part in IoDP...

Why's there a gun in your trousers?
Wait . . . .A Knight's Tale wasn't a musical!?! I remember we will rock you but that wasn't even sung by the main cast.

Also let's give Monster's Ball a shout out.I haven't seen I'm Not There is that good?
Ledger was in Monster's Ball for about 15 minutes. That movie is super overrated. There is no reason that Halle Berry should have gotten an Oscar for that movie. so stupid....but i suppose Ledger was good in it, not to spoil it for anyone but yeah, his screen time was kind of sad...

I don't believe Gilliam has actually come out and said whether or not he intends to add some of Heath's footage to the film. Last thing I saw was to that effect anyway. Apparently there isn't very much of it (footage that is).