Most Memorable Character(s)?(Good Or Bad)

Tools    

Do you know my poetry?
Dirk Diggler
Reed Rothchild
Marty Mcfly
Doctor Emmit Brown
Travis Bickle
Tony Montana
Dr. Strangelove
Gen. Buck Turgidson
John Murdoch
Jake La Motta
Indiana Jones
Jay and Silent Bob
Vincent Vega
Jules Winnfield
Steve Stifler
Neo
Agent Smith
Lex Luthor
Darth Vader
Forrest Gump
Luke Skywalker
Vito Corleone
Micheal Corleone
HAL 9000
Leo Bloom
Terminator
Kyle Reese
Rick Deckard
Austin Powers
Berry Egan
Hannibal Lecter
Clarice Starling
Ralphie Parker
E.T.
Wayne Campbell
Garth Algar
Royal Tenenbaum

A system of cells interlinked
I watched an X-files called "Milagro" last night, and Phillip Padgett, the writer character from this episode was WAY cool. He really made this one of the best X-files ever....

Originally Posted by Sedai
I watched an X-files called "Milagro" last night, and Phillip Padgett, the writer character from this episode was WAY cool. He really made this one of the best X-files ever....

Definitely agree… that episode was very cool…

And I am adding Captain Jack Sparrow to my list...

AiSv Nv wa do hi ya do...
(Walk in Peace)

Originally Posted by Philmster
Jesus - John Turturro - The Big Lebowski
Begbie - Robert Carlyle - Trainspotting

To naem a few memorable characters/performances.
Jesus and Begbie are also 2 of my favourites

OH well here goes!Draco Malfoy and Viggo (Strider from Lord of the Rings) and Gollum and
Prince Humpdink(Princess Bride) and Rocky and Roy(Jackie Chan west movie forget name)
and that is all I can think of right now anyway Happy News Eve and Day everyone!See you around!JM
Favorite Movie of all time:Star Wars!
Online offline boyfriend:AdarkSideJedi(brad)
Other Sites I belong tooeathcurse.com Darkmark.com and StarWars.com and Adult Swim.com!

Someone Save Us College Kids
Brad Pit_the mexican
jason mews_ dogma
mark hammil_the big red one
adam sandler_billy madison

sorry i got to many

All good people are asleep and dreaming.
Originally Posted by iluv2viddyfilms
Hey how's it goin'? I just got one thing to say.....

YOU'RE WRONG!

You say it is a memorable performance? Well can you separate a performance from a character? No you can't because they go together hand in hand. Many times a performance makes the character and the two compliment each other, a good example of this is Brando in a Streetcar Named Desire. And about your remark that she was more memorable for the actress that played her than the character! ARE YOU KIDDING ME! Most people know the name Scarlett O'Hara before they've ever heard of Vivien Leigh.
Performance and character doesn't always go hand in hand.
Look at Darth Vader for instance, one guy is in the costume(David Prowse) and another one does the voice(James Earl Jones).

And I know you're sitting at your computer saying, this dude doesn't understand it's a matter of opinion. Well this time it isn't a matter of opinion. like I said IT IS FACT.
Quick, who are these pictures of?

It's a fact!!! King Kong is more memorable than Scarlett O'Hara.

I must be right!!! Look at the size of my font!!!

GWTW came out in 1939, the book a few years earlier. Thats nearly 60 years that America has known and been in love with the character of Scarlett O'Hara.
Scarlett being loved by millions is true, but she is also hated by millions.
I've never seen a more self-centered bitch in a movie, maybe Gong Li in
Shanghai Triad comes close.

As far as Gone With The Wind being around Sixty years(1939),that's actually more than sixty, but I'm not a Math Major either.

King Kong(1933) has been around Seventy years.

Books have been written about her, she's been on them decorative plates, O'Hara dolls have been made, the list goes on.
Universal Studios has a King Kong ride that's still popular, I don't see any Scarlett stuff that big.

The character is almost everybit as popular today as she was 60 years ago. Now are you telling me that in 60 some years time someone like Samual L. Jackson in Pulp Fiction will be remember along the same lines... No way. I bet more people have known the name of Scarlett O'Hara over the years than any other movie character. Like I said Bogart in Casablanca might come close or Judy Garland in the Wizard of Oz, but no cigarr

once again

THE ANSWER IS
Scarlett O'Hara
What if you showed someone in Europe or Asia a picture of her, or asked them if they've seen Gone With The Wind, then the same with King Kong.

Which one do you think they would pick?

I don't know the answer.

But I'm not arrogant enough to assume what the rest of the world would pick.

I didn't include cartoons, but if you did, Mickey Mouse would be up their.

Another one would be Jesus Christ in several movies.

My favorite, Travis Bickle

My most memorable move character is James Bond!

The characters that I will always remember are:

Darth Vader from the Star Wars trilogy for his awesome power and the attention he demands when he walks on screen.

Sara from Requiem for a Dream, because she shows that even a kind old lady can fall to the horrors of drugs. It's frightening to think that my grandmother and in later years my mother could become hooked on a drug like those pills.

Alex from A Clockwork Orange. He reminds me of my young fantasies about running into a room, beating everyone in it, and walking out for the fun of it. Still as a child. I was so naive. I saw this for the first time recently, and the first half of the movie gave me a glimpse back to my youth.

My top 10 most memorable characters are. . .*in order*

1.Darth Vader and Indiana Jones, both are Gods. IT'S AN OPINION!
2.Tyler Durden-Fight Club
3.Jack Burton-Big Trouble in Little China
4.Han Solo-Star Wars
5.Hannibal Lecter
6.the Man with No Name-Dollars Trilogy
7.All of Mike Myers's characters Wayne Campbell etc.
8.Jesus-the Big Lebowski
9.John Goodman-the Big Lebowski *I forget his character name*
10.Mr. Blonde-Reservoir Dogs
And found he was eating his shoe.

stifler> american pie> sean william scott
Wolverine> x-men and x-men united> hugh Jackman
captain jack> Pirates of the caribbean> Johnny depp
Pippen>lord of the rings trilogy> Billy Boyd
goblin>spider man> William dafoe

travis bickle
tony montano
Vincent Vega
Jules Winnfield
Tommy DeVito
Michae Corleone
Don Corleone
Rambo

Mostly he original cast members of Planet of the Apes:
Dr. Zais
Cornelius
the mute girl(name?)
Charleton Heston

You ready? You look ready.
Spock (Leonard Nimoy) is one of the best
"This is that human freedom, which all boast that they possess, and which consists solely in the fact, that men are conscious of their own desire, but are ignorant of the causes whereby that desire has been determined." -Baruch Spinoza

Originally Posted by John McClane
y is that
Man, would it have been difficult to type two more letters?
"Today, war is too important to be left to politicians. They have neither the time, the training, nor the inclination for strategic thought. I can no longer sit back and allow Communist infiltration, Communist indoctrination, Communist subversion and the international Communist conspiracy to sap and impurify all of our precious bodily fluids."

Originally Posted by John McClane
jezz la wezz i was just asking y gosh i don't see much in that picture
Ummmmmm you couldn't see the picture?, or you couldn't see by that picture why I love and hate him?, I know, I don't make sense at times