The mark f thread

Tools    

Bright light. Bright light. Uh oh.
What's new? Nothing that I can share with a lot of videos or personal photos and such. Sarah did finish another movie last month. This time she was the Director of Photography and Editor while her partner took the Directing/Writing credit. However, this movie isn't on the Web yet, but if it appears, I'll post a link to it.

Sarah has been going to see a lot of 3D movies lately. She, her Mom and her Grandma saw The Adventures of Tintin. Brenda said it was "non-stop action" and Grandma almost got vertigo/motion sickness because it was the first of the "modern" 3D movies which she's seen and the scenes at great heights got to her. Then Sarah went with some old friends from high school to see Hugo down the street, and finally Sarah went to see Wim Wenders' documentary Pina in 3D. It's Germany's official selection for the Docu Oscar. Sarah wrote a review for USC's Daily Trojan newspaper which you can read here.

Sarah's French Connection radio show will be back on the "air"/internet beginning Tuesday, January 17. It streams at kxsc.org from 5-7PM Pacific time each week. Just click on Popup Webplayer in the right corner after you get to that page. Sarah plays music from all eras and genres but she's been especially corrupted by my record collection. In fact, I'm sure she plays more vinyl than almost any DJ at USC.

As far as my current state of health, it's still quite poor. I always tend to overdo food and drink during the Thanksgiving-New Year's stretch, and since my alleged regimen involves making the first step of eating and drinking less, nothing very good has happened as of yet. I have been able to move about a little more comfortably but I'm especially in bad shape if I'm stuck in a confined space for any length of time, so I didn't make any long-distance trips to visit family and friends recently. I'll see how things go now that the "season" has changed.

I hope that everybody had at least a decent time this past month and that many of you are doing very well and staying safe and warm (unless you're down in Australia -- you guys need to keep cool. )

Thanks for the update on yourself and Sarah, mark. I enjoyed Tintin, by the way. My favorite parts were probably the scenes that made your mother-in-law the most motion-sick. How old is Brenda's mom?

that's what she said...
Cute pictures!! Everyone looks so happy and smiley. And your kitty is so darn ADORABLE!!!!!!!!!

Here's my cinematography final from last semester. I was going for a kind of Film Noir thing. It's just 3 1/2 minutes. I used the new Fiona Apple single for the soundtrack. It's pure coincidence that my actress has the same first name!

Let me know what you think!

Bright light. Bright light. Uh oh.
There are so many things for me to post in here at this moment, but I suppose the most-significant ones are that I'm actually going to doctors after several years of ignoring them. I'm seeing a cardiologist and probably the biggest thing which is happening now is that I've scheduled a day-long meeting with all the hassles involved for a gastro-intestinal bypass surgery. That's the one which shrinks your stomach and lets you lose about 150 lbs. right off the bat. God knows I need it, but I've been so stubborn that my wife and daughter don't believe I'll be around too much longer. Now, I'll keep you guys who actually care informed (based on any responses here) but there's no guarantee that I'll actually qualiffy for or get the surgery. But, at this point, I'm temporarilily seeing the docs. It may well completely obliterate my recent problem with bleeding (that's already improved quite a bit).

Make sure you check out Sarah's projects. They're SO GOOD!

Later, Gators.

I hope you'll qualify for that surgery. Sounds like you've got a pretty serious issue with your weight. Don't really know what it means that you 'qualify' for a surgery. Does your body have to be in seriously bad condition or does your insurance have to cover it or what?

I think doctors usually like to make sure that it's being done out of necessity, and not just to avoid more arduous weight loss efforts. I think in Mark's case it's pretty clear that it's a reasonable decision, from what I've heard from him.

Glad you're seeing a doctor, Mark. I hope it goes well. Please keep us posted!

A system of cells interlinked
Sorry to hear about all the troubles, Mark. Alas, I am glad you have turned a corner and are now getting some medical attention. Please, let us know how things are going as time wears on.