Most Movies Watched In One Sitting?

Tools    

My current record is all of the Friday The 13th films which includes the original ten movies along with Freddy Vs. Jason and the 2009 reboot. Watched them all in a straight row back in May 2011 for Friday The 13th that year. I got my marathon off to an early start at around 8:30 PM and finished the next day around 4:30 PM. I was exhausted but had a lot of fun going through them all.

What's your current record?

Um, not quite sure exactly how many but for some reason when I'm at home sick, I can watch large amounts of movies. I've probably watched 5 or 6 movies before when I've been sick.
Fire walk with me.

6 or 7. When I was on leave last year I stayed on post. And for multiple days I would have movie marathons. These days I would get up at 4 in the morning, grab some food I purchased, cracked open a Red Bull, and would watch movie from 4 until I got burned out. Made damn good use of Hulu Plus those days.

Sorry if I'm rude but I'm right
Only 4 in a row, but I also watched Satantango in one sitting (7 hour long film)
Look, I'm not judging you - after all, I'm posting here myself, but maybe, just maybe, if you spent less time here and more time watching films, maybe, and I stress, maybe your taste would be of some value. Just a thought, ya know.

Been known to watch a few... it's not always the amount of films that count though , sometimes it's how long they are. I've watched LOTR extended cut trilogy in one go, then watched it again with one of the commentary tracks. 24 hours straight. Then went through them again with all the other commentaries on. Think there's about 6 tracks... so 7 times altogether.

I've always got a film on though. Some people have music or the TV in the background. I have movies, either DVD or one of the movie channels on TV.
So really, depending on the film's length, anything from 6-10 films per day, every day.

The most for me was when I went to see all of the alien films including Prometheus. It started in the cinema at 21.30 and we got out at 7.30 the next morning - I was rather tired but it was a cool cinema experience.

Probably 4. I think.

Among the four were the first two Hunger Games movies. Can't remember the others.

Brimming with rififi!
A buddy of mine and myself watched Reservoir Dogs, Pulp Fiction, and Jackie Brown in one sitting; however, I've watched more films in one day, but never back-to-back like we did that night.

You can't make a rainbow without a little rain.
The local movie theater did a Star Trek movie marathon when one of the movies came out. I think it was for Star Trek VI, but it might have been for Star Trek V. They ran all the previous movies in order, and then finished with the new movie.

They even gave out t-shirts with the Star Trek logo and the words "Sit Long and Prosper" to everyone who was there for all the movies. I still have the t-shirt.

You can't make a rainbow without a little rain.
All day movie marathon??? Only a Vulcan could set still and still prosper

Us Klingons have a short attention span.

What was worse, was that it was done with only very short breaks between movies. They gave us about 5 minutes for everyone to get food and drinks, and take a bathroom break, and if you didn't get back on time, they started the movie anyway.

But it was great seeing all the Star Trek movies with a room full of trekkies. I think people stayed up for months just to think of things to yell at the screen at appropriate times.

My favorite was in Star Trek III, when the Vulcan High Priestess (Dame Judith Anderson) was returning Spock's katra from McCoy. Spock was lying down on one side, and McCoy was lying down on her other side, and she put one hand on each of their heads. Someone in the audience yelled out "She's gonna jump-start Spock!". Everyone was laughing so hard that we nearly missed the rest of the movie.

Good question. I watched the entire first run of Lonesome Dove in a day (Duvall & T Lee Jones), so thats five movies right there. Did Shogun in a day, I think that was 5 movies though it felt like ten.

Ive actually thought about marathoning the harry Potter movies. Ive only seen the first one, and my impression was it was good for kids. Who knows I might like them.

Also you dang well know as soon as that third Hobbitt movie comes out, Tolkein fanboys worldwide will have marathoning both Hobbit & Rings trilogies in one day on their bucket lists.

The Bib-iest of Nickels
I know that I watched all the Indiana Jones films in one sitting, and the Spider-Man's, but I can't think of any sure-fire binges that I went on.

Most recently though, I watched Under the Skin, Enemy, Kill Your Darlings, Puppet Master III, We Are What We Are, and The World's End in one day.

Two days ago, I watched Ghidorah the Three Headed Monster and Invasion of Astro-Monster making it the first time in a long time for me to watch two movies in a day, let alone back to back.

I gave both films

Lord High Filmquisitor
In terms of quantity, about 5 or 6 on one of my lazy weekend marathons. I can't say for sure, but that seems about right.

In terms of overall duration, probably the extended Lord of the Rings trilogy.

I watched all 3 LOTR movies back to back once.
Typically I don't like film marathons.. needs a break in between.

But for TV.. well, I have definitely binged on some television series via netflix or hbogo!

I did a sponsored 24 hour movie watch once. I can't remember how many we saw, but it was probably about 10 or 11.

Sorry Harmonica.......I got to stay here.
When I was a kid, my mom took me to a triple-Bruce Lee -feature-- Enter the Dragon, The Chinese Connection, and Fist of Fury -it was awesome