Rate The Last Movie You Saw

Tools    

I didn't mind the ending, though it was felt somewhat out of place. Crowe was on fire in 2007, American Gangster and this.
Crowe's a legendary actor. As far as the ending goes,
WARNING: """ spoilers below
I found it hard to believe that this hardened outlaw would develop a love affair for this random farmer and decide to turn against his own crew all on a moment's notice just to avenge his death - I looked up the original ending online and that would've been a lot more believable"

Crowe's a legendary actor. As far as the ending goes,
WARNING: """ spoilers below
I found it hard to believe that this hardened outlaw would develop a love affair for this random farmer and decide to turn against his own crew all on a moment's notice just to avenge his death - I looked up the original ending online and that would've been a lot more believable"
I can believe it, maybe because I'm a lot more gullible than you are.

I feel as though an individual's nature can be changed over a long journey, and the outlaw had some fondness for the farmer prior to the journey, so that helped to a certain extent.

I can believe it, maybe because I'm a lot more gullible than you are.

I feel as though an individual's nature can be changed over a long journey, and the outlaw had some fondness for the farmer prior to the journey, so that helped to a certain extent.
I think he'd still have had some loyalty to his crew though, rather than be so quick to turn on them.

I saw the Maze Runner, last Sunday and, it was great!! It was a kind of movie that horrifies you but without the horror part, the constant suspence in the story about the Maze, the fact of us having fear but not knowing of what is even more terrifyeing, and the next movies are going to even better, cause the books look awesome, and if the same work is done on the movies we are going to have a great trilogy.
I loved the effect of the movie, but I dont recomend ir to people who has claustrophobia xD and the great turn around at the end of the movie was just GREAT!

Animal Farm (1954)

I haven't heard this one being mentioned for the animation countdown; maybe people don't know of it, or don't like it? It is dark and upsetting, which means I loved it.

I don't know if I could watch this, the book messed me up bad enough. Have you read it? If so does it stay fairly accurate to the story?

I saw that the other day. I loved Russel Crowe in this film (such a smooth-talking devil). Only thing that put me off was the ending - it just didn't fit IMO. and though I've never seen the original film, I'm aware they decided to alter the ending in the remake for whatever reason - maybe just to suprise moviegoers who'd seen the original or read the book? Who knows.
I've seen the 1957 version and the ending is exactly why I dislike that one. It seemed so arbitrary. Yay happy ending for no apparent reason! Let's get on the train and everything works out great!

I didn't have a problem buying that Wade would kill his own crew for disobeying orders. He'd already proved that he was willing to kill them earlier in the film, before he even met Dan Evans.

Also, Hello101 - Why the low rating for Philadelphia?

Lucy 2/10

Also, Hello101 - Why the low rating for Philadelphia?
Denzel's character not having a suitable climax to his homophobia despite it being a major plot-point, and me really not caring or feeling for the characters. It was all run of the mill stuff.

You like Monster House?

You like Monster House?
Not especially.

As for Philadelphia, you might not find it to be anything revolutionary now, but it was pretty groundbreaking stuff in its day.

I didn't think Washington's character really needed a "climax," I found his struggles with his own prejudices and his belief in justice to be believable. It didn't need to be big and showy. Real people aren't always like that.

I don't know if I could watch this, the book messed me up bad enough. Have you read it? If so does it stay fairly accurate to the story?
I knew nothing about it. I googled top 100 animated films and found it on some list.

Frankly, my dear, I don't give a damn.
Dr. No, 1962
Dir: Terence Young

A solid movie. Like 007 himself, Dr. No is smart, seductive and stylish. It's not perfect, but it delivers laughs, thrills and everything else a spy film should deliver. The narrative might verge on the mildly-thrilling and predictable at times, but it introduces the series and the dangerously charming James Bond well enough to make you want to watch the rest.

7/10

Dumb and Dumber To.

It sucked, for the most part. It had some good moments, but overall, it's a huge failure. I will write a full review a little later, but for now, I just wanted to warn all you moviegoers that Dumb and Dumber To is definitely not a must-see. Unless you're a HUGE fan of the original movie, then you should see it. It does a decent job of feeling like the first movie, but it is definitely a weak sequel. It's boring, depressing... has a lousy beginning, but then gets better, but the ending goes back to being lousy. A few decent surprise chuckles, nothing hysterically funny at all. It was hard to pay attention to it. It should be called Numb and Number To. Fans of really stupid humor may love it, but there's no groundbreaking humor.

I read Orwell's Novella recently for school and loved it

We watched the 1999 version and I hated it.

I read Orwell's Novella recently for school and loved it

We watched the 1999 version and I hated it.
Gah I'm so curious about this version cricket saw now. I think I'm just gonna go for it and add it to the watchlist.

Sinister

Damn I really wished I had not watched Haunted House 2 before I watching this movie. I sort of couldn't take it too seriously because of it. Having said that though it was a solid horror movie with eerie parts in it. There was a few horror cliques though but I think that is now just a staple when making one. I liked Ethan Hawkes character and did feel his isolation from his family and surroundings uneasy (which I assume was implied). I did also like the build up into revealing who or what was happening so there is a few good things in this movie. Just a word of advice to people who have not seen this movie... do not watch Haunted House 2 before watching cause it removes the atmosphere, well for me anyway.

3.5/5 Stars.
This Movie completely rock

It all started with Punch Drunk Love. I have more in common with Adam Sandler's character in PDL than I'd like to admit. Because of that, I fell in love with the movie and even bought the DVD. I liked it so much that I decided not to write off Paul Thomas Anderson whose movies "Boogie Nights" and "Magnolia" I despised. Eventually I saw Magnolia again years later, and adored it. I have lectured a few people on not giving up on Magnolia because I had written it off and eventually figured it out. So now I thought I was something of a Paul Thomas Anderson fan. I tried "There will be Blood" and "The Master," but to no avail. I slogged through "Blood" and couldn't even finish "The Master" and I figured that was the end of it. Yesterday, however, I got bored and decided to watch Boogie Nights again. Like "Magnolia," I had seen it twice before a decade ago and loathed it. For whatever reason I had the same reaction to "Boogie Nights" as I did to "Magnolia" and it blew me away. It was one of the best movies I have seen in years and I now want to give all Anderson's movies another shot. Perhaps a certain level of maturity and/or cynicism about the human condition is necessary to appreciate Anderson. Whatever it is, I now have it.

Boogie Nights

Lord High Filmquisitor
This Movie completely rock
It's one of my easy favorites from 2012.

Chappie doesn't like the real world
It all started with Punch Drunk Love. I have more in common with Adam Sandler's character in PDL than I'd like to admit. Because of that, I fell in love with the movie and even bought the DVD. I liked it so much that I decided not to write off Paul Thomas Anderson whose movies "Boogie Nights" and "Magnolia" I despised. Eventually I saw Magnolia again years later, and adored it. I have lectured a few people on not giving up on Magnolia because I had written it off and eventually figured it out. So now I thought I was something of a Paul Thomas Anderson fan. I tried "There will be Blood" and "The Master," but to no avail. I slogged through "Blood" and couldn't even finish "The Master" and I figured that was the end of it. Yesterday, however, I got bored and decided to watch Boogie Nights again. Like "Magnolia," I had seen it twice before a decade ago and loathed it. For whatever reason I had the same reaction to "Boogie Nights" as I did to "Magnolia" and it blew me away. It was one of the best movies I have seen in years and I now want to give all Anderson's movies another shot. Perhaps a certain level of maturity and/or cynicism about the human condition is necessary to appreciate Anderson. Whatever it is, I now have it.

Boogie Nights
I'm always so happy when people love Punch Drunk Love. I like all of Anderson's film to some degree (I dislike the last 1/3 of There Will Be Blood) but Punch is really something special, I think. After I saw it for the first time I wanted to watch it every night.