Favorite Back to the Future Film

Tools    

So I am just wondering which film in the Back to the Future Trilogy is your favorite. I myself believe Pt. II was the most eventful, well scripted, and epic of the three. From the future, to an alternate 1985 (which was perhaps the best portion of the film), and then back to 1955 all over again, Back to the Future Part II made you realize how special the series was and is part of the reason the trilogy is so well loved today. The first film hooked us. Part II reeled us in and left us dying for III. Had II failed in its charge, the sequels would have merely been an afterthought. I am glad that was not the case. All three films are legendary, and next to Star Wars, Back to the Future is my all time favorite trilogy. FINAL VERDICT: PART II

NOT ACTUALLY BANNED
The first was great.

It was an inventive comedy/drama and was really clever (Stuff like the beeping watch, the Pepsi Free, "Who the hell is John F Kennedy?" etc.)

I thought 1 was FAR, FAR, FAR better than the other two.

A system of cells interlinked
The first one, for sure. I also like three a whole lot, and two not so much...

My favourite is the original movie, followed by Part II, then III way off in the distance, the third one didn't do a lot for me.
I agree with the third being way off in the distance, although it is certainly a better third installment than TMNT III. That was a time travel experiment gone terribly wrong. A scepter instead of a Delorean, and four turtles instead of Marty Mcfly. It hurts my heart What a stinker...

I just know they're coming to kill me.
Back to the Future IV - Going Back to Return from the Present to Jump Ahead to the Future

Give me the first Back To The Future any day.

Contact my secretary to book an appointment for II or III.

A system of cells interlinked
The original is amazing, the second is very good and the third SUCKS BIG TIME
I disagree. The second film is SO bad. A few months ago I watched all three films in a row, and I could barely get through the second. I am glad I did, though, because I do like the ending with the letter delivery. Still, the film, and most of its characters are just too over-the-top. Robo-biff is embarrassing to watch, and the overall sleaze just doesn't play well between the generally wholesome atmosphere of the first and third installments.

The silly sports betting theme, the weak comedy, and the over-reliance on site gags and rehashed jokes from the first send part II through a portal into the latrine. Three, although still not anywhere near the standards of the first, has some well written comedy in it, and, finds a true heart in the romance bewteen Doc Smith (one of the better characters in the series, unlike biff) and his lady friend from the past.

Part III made the series fun again, after taking a wrong turn into silly nightmare future land. Let's leave that road to films that do it right, like It's a Wonderful Life...

Back to the Future

Back to the Future Part II

Back to the Future Part III

I have to return some videotapes.
My vote is for the first. Has any noticed that how many times Huey Lewis' 'Power of Love' is played in that movie? I think they play it back to back in the opening scenes.

My vote is for the first. Has any noticed that how many times Huey Lewis' 'Power of Love' is played in that movie? I think they play it back to back in the opening scenes.
It's not "Power of Love".... is it? I thought it was a song Huey Lewis made for the film.... "Gotta get back in time!" Something like that.

There are those who call me...Tim.
In short:

Back to the Future - 5

Back to the Future: Part 2 - 2.5

Back to the Future: Part 3 - 4

I have to agree on part 2. I mean the first one is great. The second one was really good. Infact I think it's the best one. and it's the only one that they go's to the future. the third is well it's just different you know. it's like a western version of back to the future.
Domain Information

The Fabulous Sausage Man
I think that Part II is very, very underrated and is slightly better than the first. I can understand why some wouldn't like the humour (which is sillier and very different to the humour of the first film) but I didn't mind it, and the 2015 stuff isn't why I love the movie so much. It often bothers me when people say, "Oh, I like the one where they go to the future!" and, "Oh, it's good but it's weaker than the others because it doesn't have the hoverboards..." The first act is easily the weakest part of the film. Why I love II is that it gets better as it goes on and it had far more SF. I love the time travel sub-genre and the second Back to the Future film is my favourite attempt at the "alternate timeline" concept - the alternate 1985 is brilliantly dark and funny, in my opinion, and it's at that point it becomes a superior film to the original. And then when they go back to 1955, and that's insanely fun and imaginative...

I'm not surprised that so many are underwhelemed by the third film; after using so many ambitious ideas for Part II, it seems they ran out for the third one and just went with the "let's just go back to the future" idea and throw in some random sub-plots (Doc falling in love, Marty fighting Biff) in order to stretch the film out more. I still like it, but I'd never watch it unless I wanted to go through the whole trilogy.

the first takes me way back to my childhood.. good memories goodtimes.. world was different back then