what do you do?

Tools    

i'm fairly certain that in the past 5 years someone else made a thread like this, but it's a bitch trying to find it....

i was just wondering what you people do, i've managed to find out what some do ( Austruck, Chicagofrog....and that's about it...) what about the rest?

i'm a student ( law school )

I wipe my ass with your feelings
Junior at Wheeling High School

Afterwards I'm a business coordinator at IPA. It's basically phone marketing towards businesses. We don't sell any tangible goods at all. Only services.

The rest of the time I am just stressed.
We're soldiers. Soldiers don't go to hell. It's war. Soldiers, they kill other soldiers. We're in a situation where everybody involved knows the stakes. And if you're gonna accept those stakes... You gotta do certain things. It's business, we're soldiers. We follow codes... Orders.

STOMP FREAKIN' TASTIC!
Prison Officer.

So behave!

Lets put a smile on that block
I'm currently a book seller working at Borders. But due to the ridiculous hours i have to work (Till Eleven at night on most week nights and weekends! Who wants to buy books at 11pm on a Saturday? NO ONE....well apart from the creepy guy in the red fleece who sits in the religion section. He's spooky.) Next week howevere i will be working for Norwhich Union. An insurance company. I'll be a claims advisor. It's gonna suck, but i have some friends already working there and the money and hours are a lot better so thats a plus. I'm currently debating whether to go back to university and do a masters or a PGCE in journalism.

I need more qualifications to live my dream. I watched Sideways last night and i seriously saw myself turning into Paul Giamatti's character and i nearly started crying.

Psychology student here. And I've been on a disability pension for about 6 years now for mental illness...ironic huh?...psychology student with a mental illness.

Originally Posted by gummo
Psychology student here. And I've been on a disability pension for about 6 years now for mental illness...ironic huh?...psychology student with a mental illness.
how can you be on a pension if you're still a student? *is stupid*

Arresting your development
Originally Posted by The Sarge
Prison Officer.

So behave!
That's like a baby sitter with a panic button.

I wash trays, pick up poop and scrub myself with a rusty cloth. Life is good.

Originally Posted by Anonymous Last
So you work at McDonalds?

Originally Posted by Pyro Tramp
So you work at McDonalds?
No! I got kicked out for not giving the clown a hand job. I also think they're called rags at Micky Donald's not cloths.

history *is* moralizing
yeah, and i used to work at Luke's Diner...

Originally Posted by Anonymous Last
That's like a baby sitter with a panic button.

is the sarge your "babysister" by any chance?

Originally Posted by adidasss
is the sarge your "babysister" by any chance?
Knowing my pops... probably.

Had she drawn a pension for a physical disability and attended college… would you have also labeled that as stupid?

As far as what I do…. I'm a cop…

AiSv Nv wa do hi ya do...
(Walk in Peace)

Because here in Ontario, ODSP encourages people to do what they can with their disability... work or go to school, but still have the security of knowing that if you can't handle work or school or you relapse, then you have ODSP to fall back on. It is not fraud, it is a government supporting you for trying hard to get passed your disability.

Many people look at it as fraud, but it is not fraud at all when they are supporting you to find work...they even set up programs for ppl with a disability to get work...often people will not hire you if you have a disability.

"..I know the TRUTH.."
Originally Posted by Caitlyn
Caitlyn is Five-OH?

Dag.

As far as what I do? I'm the KING of NUNYA, i.e. NUNYA DAMN BUSINESS!! Seriously though, my daytime hustle includes being a core unix sysadmin at MIT. The rest of my format is simply livin' my format as a Black Renaissance genius.

Caitlyn is Five-OH, though?

"..I know the TRUTH and I don't have to be what you want me to be.." -Muhammed Ali

Standing in the Sunlight, Laughing
I help AIDS patients who don't have any money get the healthcare they need.
And I'm going to be helping them use Medicare to their best advantage - promotion in the works.

Originally Posted by Caitlyn
Had she drawn a pension for a physical disability and attended college… would you have also labeled that as stupid?

haha...caitlyn, have you never seen anyone use the action stuff....that's what the ** are for...they indicate something I do....not he/she.....it's expressed in a third person like say, in a screenplay.....
Originally Posted by gummo
Because here in Ontario, ODSP encourages people to do what they can with their disability... work or go to school, but still have the security of knowing that if you can't handle work or school or you relapse, then you have ODSP to fall back on. It is not fraud, it is a government supporting you for trying hard to get passed your disability.

Many people look at it as fraud, but it is not fraud at all when they are supporting you to find work...they even set up programs for ppl with a disability to get work...often people will not hire you if you have a disability.
thanks for the explanation, it was an honest question, we don't have that stuff in croatia.....

The People's Republic of Clogher
I teach and sell the odd car (some of them are very odd indeed).