What was the last movie you saw at the theaters?

Tools    

WOW honestly I cant even remember the last time I went to the theater, thats pretty bad huh? i watch all my movies for free online or using my moms netflix password lol
well i take that back, if your counting a drive in theater then it was shrek 3 or 4 heck i dunno dont really care for shrek just took the kids to see it...

Bluray Collector!
Scott Pilgrim vs The World.

I'm a new Dad so I don't get much time to go to the cinema any more. Plus degrading screens and delinquent crowds doesn't do much persuading either.

last movies I say was at a drivein and Salt and The Other Guys was playing

Inception

The last movie i watched predators movie in theater.and i like this movie very much.

there's a frog in my snake oil

'The Complete Metropolis'

I have to start with the caveat that I haven't seen the standard Metropolis for years, so I can't distinguish all of the changes by any means. My main memories are of being astounded that a silent movie could look so good, tempered a bit by confusion at the sylph-like inconsistencies of character and plot.

All of that is clearly solved by the new patchwork version. The two Marias are now delightfully different (and Helm is physically and facially elastic at bringing both incarnations to life). The Thin Man adds a paranoid aside to a life lived between the two worlds, and I felt a bit more nuance was brought to the cumbersome 'mediator between head and hands' moral by all the bit part actors involved.

That said, it's now bum-numbingly long, and you can see why it was savaged down to a shorter cut. The scenes of Worker City flooding could have been almost halved, for example, and the initial build is somewhat slow. (You can't help but wonder whether it was the decision to fit the film to the fantastic motif-ridden score that caused some of this preponderance). This particular cut also has the unfortunate effect of taking you out of the visual vibe with the scratchy interpolated scenes, and what seemed to be still artwork for city vistas (contrasting with the novel shadow-cast use of artwork during the early lift descent, for example). Luckily the narrative music powers you through over time, filling in some of the jarring shifts and gaps. And much of the footage, old or new, is still vibrant and full of wonderful technique.

As a reveal of what the original story was meant to be, it's full of interest, and it still holds cinematic power aplenty, despite its length. There's no doubt I'll be revisiting the standard version again just to see how much the 'new' material is missed.

Seeing almost all the original cut with orchestration:
+(+)
Seeing it with live orchestration:
-

I haven't really thought it out, perhaps a low
or high

I liked it, but it was kind of an unfortunate experience. I took my girlfriend who ended up keeping her eyes closed through most of the movie. I didn't realize how uncomfortable it was making her until near the end, she really can't handle gore and spent the movie in constant terror that he was going to end up cutting off his own arm. Had I read much about the movie beforehand I would have waited and seen it with my brother some other time.

The movie is about an hour and a half and feels a bit longer without ever actually being slow. Very stylish and frenetic cinematography and editing right up until he gets trapped, at which point it becomes a more desperate/constrained story that is still somehow openned up and psychologized by being about the character's introspection thinking he could die and watching his life up to that point like it's a movie. Actually watching himself watching it like a movie. There's a bit of tension between that and the need to focus on the physical hardship of the situation and I think the latter wins out in the end, it didn't ever feel really preachy to me.

That said, man that guy was appallingly reckless going off to climb without telling anyone. Any experienced climber or woodsman should know better than that. (my turn to be preachy)

On a personal level I think if that had happened to me I'd want to tell everyone about it, but I don't quite grasp what must have drawn Boyle to this as a story he needed to tell. Still, like I said it's a good movie.

Is it bad that I cannot remember?

Shheshh. I really cant.

Robin Hood.

Mr.Nice Guy - the Howard Marks Biography

Rhys Ifans was outstanding - very different from the character in "Nothing Hill" (the house-mate of Hugh Grant's character) - he played the part very well.

M.

I went to see 3 idiots with my family last month and this is my last movie that a watch in theater,,,,,,,,,,,,