WTF Rubber

Tools    

\m/ Fade To Black \m/

I have stumbled across this Indie Horror Movie called "Rubber" I have seen the teaser trailer and apart from confuse me I also found it quite hilarious. Here it is,

Does anyone else have any info on this?

a car tyre commercial showing u can kill birds with there tyres haha

Sorry Harmonica.......I got to stay here.
OMG! When I was a kid, there was only 2 things that scared me to death:

Fear of tires
and
Fear of being sucked into a tuba.

there's a frog in my snake oil
Now with shower scene...

If that wasn't wonderful, then I'm sure I don't know what that word means.

I'll be seeing Rubber tonight. Oh, yes.
"Film is a disease. When it infects your bloodstream it takes over as the number one hormone. It bosses the enzymes, directs the pineal gland, plays Iago to your psyche. As with heroin, the antidote to Film is more Film." - Frank Capra

How to describe Rubber? I guess it's sort of The Red Balloon meets Scanners by way of Rosencrantz & Guildenstern Are Dead. If Charlie Kaufman had been of age in the 1970s and been hired by Roger Corman to write a script, it may well have turned out something like Rubber. They say cult movies are born and not made, but they came pretty close to making one here.

Attachments
Click image for larger version

Name:	RUBBER.jpg
Views:	1800
Size:	45.4 KB
ID:	7117  

28 days...6 hours...42 minutes...12 seconds
I had a different take on it from Holden. Not fun, tries too hard and weird for the sake of it.

I expected it to be more fun.

A movie about a killer tire sounds like the most ridiculous concept next to someone creating a human centipede. Yet, these two concepts did in fact make it onto film and both of them failed to meet their absurdly high expectations. The film is a homage to 'no reason', as we are told at the beginning and when a film is created for no reason, you know you are in trouble.

The film opens with a character talking directly to the viewer by breaking the fourth wall. He states the the film has no purpose, so he is actually preparing you for the most useless film you'll ever see. Unless of course you've been one of the special few who have seen The Room. As interesting as this may be, it's also a drawback. Why would someone think that to interest an audience, you need to tell them from the beginning that everything has no purpose what so ever. It makes the audience feel like they are wasting their time. Rubber wasted my time.

I don't know why the prospect of a killer tire that makes your head explode sounded good to me, but it did. I thought I was in for a ridiculously cheesy good time. I got something else entirely. A boring, redundant film that has no fun factor. The audience is actually a part of the film, represented by a few people who actually watch the events unfold and make comments. Again, an interesting concept that never materializes.

I give the film credit for looking great, it never felt like a cheap film to me. They get creative when shooting scenes with the tire, they make the killer tire really seem to have a mind of it's own. They actually give it a name in the credits, Robert. All this creativity is wasted though on a script that bores the hell out of the viewer. They were on a mission to make a film with no purpose, good job they achieved it.

Suspect's Reviews

Thanks for that review, UsualSuspect. I thought the trailer for this movie looked kind of pretentious. I think the concept of this tire killing people by making their heads explode is wonderful, but if it's a boring movie, it's a boring movie. I need to see it to form my own opinion, but I think I'll wait until I can view it for free.

Unregistered Illegal User
i don't get this film. Is it a comedy ? is it horror ? Is it taking itself seriously ? Is it not ?
Whatever it is, its gotta be better than the truckload of Hollywood remakes that has been forced upon us all right now.

Grill me, I dare you!
My Reviews

Or the proposed movie adaptations of Monopoly, Risk, Ouija or Battleships. Of course, I could be wrong.
There's already a movie about the Ouija board:

I own it. It's fabulous.