Brad Pitt and other actors I wish would get out of movies

Tools    

I have seen Jerry Maguire thought and Cruise had very little to do with the succes of that movie. Cuba Gooding Jr. carried it all the way and was rightfully awarded an Oscar for it. Gooding, not Cruise.
Well...hmm...where to begin...uh..had very little to do with a film in which he was nominated for an Oscar? That just lacks decent logic. I wouldnt even take that away from Pitt. Except for maybe in Benjamin Button. A lot of good aspects to that movie, just not Pitt (granted, I did say it sucked, I got carried away. Movie wasnt bad, Pitt just didnt deserve the role). Hence the slew of nominations and wins, and still nothing for Pitt. I mean, how do you surround yourself with so much and come up with so little. Thats a feat in itself.

And as for Cuba winning the supporting oscar, its called supporting for a reason. There is a reason why he was the support and not the lead. I believe a nomination for a leading role is better than winning a supporting role. After all, how do you carry a movie when youre in it for like 20 minutes.

Actually as far as the supporting actor thing goes you could still be in most of the movie. I mean look at Heath Ledger who won supporting actor for the Dark Knight, and he was in most of the movie and lead most of the movie for that part. They still counted him as a supporting actor, though. So just because you're counted as a supporting actor doesn't mean you can't lead the movie.

Good point. That is the first exception that came to mind. But other instances of this are rare. Not to mention that Christian Bale was the lead in that one. Bale is another that needs to exit the movie world indefinitely.

And as for Ledger. What a great loss to the acting world. Its actors of his caliber that should be replacing Brad Pitt.

Kenny, don't paint your sister.
As for Pitt, I loved the Oceans movies, but those weren't made to showcase great acting ability. Meet Joe Black is in my Netflix queue, so I'll see how he does in that.

number one critic

On a positive note, those we need in as many movies as possible:

Morgan Freeman
Tommy Lee Jones
Tom Cruise
Russell Crowe
Frances McDormand
Morgan Freeman is a brilliant actor so i agree there.versatile in a number of roles.

Tommy Lee Jones on the other hand is i feel restricted to the action and drama genres.(Man of the House blew)

an actor id love to see more of though would be johnny depp.the man is a genius and is unbelievable in every role he plays.talk about an actor who has the ability to single handily make a movie a hit.

Employee of the Month
Brendan Fraiser - He`s kind of funny, but I could live without his films.

John Travolta - No way. He´s cool.

Mark Wahlberg - Just married Rhea Durham. Hooray!
And a great Actor!

Ben Affleck - Not the greatest actor in the world, but I like his attitude.

Julia Roberts - Okay. On a emotional level, I still can`t understand why she is one of the best paid actresses in the world.

Morgan Freeman - I thought he already did every movie that`s available.

Tommy Lee Jones - Yeah!

Tom Cruise - Hell Yeah!

Russell Crowe - Yo...

Frances McDormand Some kind of arthouse-chick, right?

So, we`ve got only two accordances in the first section and two and and a half in the second. And that proofs once again:
Different people got different tastes.

an actor id love to see more of though would be johnny depp.the man is a genius and is unbelievable in every role he plays.talk about an actor who has the ability to single handily make a movie a hit.

amen sister...Depp is great

I think Pitt is pretty good, he's done some fantastic character performances. Think he kinda gets an unfair rap because he's caught up in Hollywood glamour and girls swooning over him undermines his ability. His films have been mentioned and i personally rate him pretty highly. As for Freeman, he plays pretty much the same person in every film i've seen him in, even where he plays a part that isn't typically 'him' (Wanted) he still plays the 'wise mentor' role for the most of it. Wahlberg, never really been a fan of except for The Departed which he nailed. Cruise, i like though not to much in Tropic Thunder where i thought he was trying too hard to show he had a 'playful' side but other than that he normally gives strong performance, despite not always being very ranged. All you need to do is look at poster for his films, except for War of the Worlds his films are always marketed on his image.

Brad Pitt is a bad@ss.

There's no accounting for taste, but wholesale dismissal of obvious talent is nothing short of troll bait.

If any actor out there deserves some more roles, it's definitely Gary Oldman. I think he's the greatest actor that's alive today. It seems lately that he's trying to get more well known among people, at least that's what it seems when he's chosing roles like James Gordon and Sirius Black. I still prefer his acting from the early 90's, like in Leon, Dracula, and True Romance. He needs some better roles, though. I mean I loved him as James Gordon and Sirius Black, but then again he also did the Unborn and has a few animated features up next.

"A film is a putrified fountain of thought"
ugh, i hate it when people bash stars. obviously they've all got a screen presence that people respond to and love otherwise they wouldnt be famous. even if you dont get it it doesnt mean they dont have value. ...except those freaking disney kids, i will never understand...

ok, so i think most of the actors you attacked have pretty much already been covered...except brendan fraser. first of all, i don't even hold it against him that he's got a filmography full of goofball movies cause that's obviously what he likes doing. And he's great at it. And if you're looking for some more legit acting, he has wonderful performances in gods and monsters, the air i breathe, and crash. And it looks like he has a few promising sounding movies coming out, so i personally do not want him to be out of the biz any time soon

oh and gary oldman in true romance is like one of my favorite performances ever

I Am Registered And So Can You!
^You are very right, he is a good actor.
I really do not think most of the actors listed are bad. At the very most mediocre or limited in their character capacity, but not bad. Although I agree about Julia Roberts, we could do without her lol.

Excluding all musicians/models/socialites/etc. that try to take a stab at acting (because the fact that they are awful is seriously just a given).

1) Most action stars.
2) Hayden Christensen
3) Ryan Phillipe
4) Matt Dillon
5) Katie Holmes
6) Hugh Grant
7) Scarlett Johansson

And many more...

There are a lot of credible actors that are already in a lot of movies. Probably a lot who should be in a lot more movies too, but I just wanted to point out there are much worse actors than some mentioned. We should probably wipe out the bottom layer first, and work our way up.

Let's try to be broad-minded about this
Interview With the Vampire is ideal to display the two actors capabilities. Even when Cruise plays a blood-sucking and evil vampire he still only good ol' Tom.
Lies!! Although i like Pitt way better, Cruise definitely carried that movie. He captured Lestat's character so well that even though he didn't look like the picture i had in mind from reading the book it was acceptable because of how well he resembled that character. Pitt wasn't anything special in that particular movie although i do think he's a great actor and i think Tom Cruise is a great actor.

Oh and Brendan Frasier needs more love.

And i liked Russel Crowe before he started throwing phones at people =\

Bright light. Bright light. Uh oh.
Actually, the two movies where Cruise was the most insane, one mentioned being Tropic Thunder and the other one being Magnolia, his performances are quite similar on a superficial level, but Magnolia takes a decidedly more serious turn. I think Cruise's best performance is in Eyes Wide Shut, but half the people who have seen that hate it (although I believe it's because they "don't get it").

As far as Pitt goes, I don't really understand why people rag on him, unless they're just plain jealous.

Pitt was amazing in Jesse James often we'll have movies about these legendary figures, where the lead just doesn't bring it. Yet Pitt gave a brilliant portrayal as an afflicted man, whose legend haunts and follows him 24/7. The scenes where he guesses what Ford is up to, to his final scene, where he decides to just end it all were mesmerising.

And Burn after Reading truly showed his range. He stretched himself more than any other in that movie, apart from maybe McDormand. Some actors lose intensity as time goes on. Pitt just keeps getting better and better.

Employee of the Month
I think Cruise's best performance is in Eyes Wide Shut, but half the people who have seen that hate it (although I believe it's because they "don't get it").

I think his best performance was in Collateral

Do anyone recognize the suit?

"Hey Homey! Is that my briefcase?"