Rate The Last Movie You Saw

Tools    

Six Days Seven Nights (1998)-

the train (1964)

good movie -

Kanashimi no Belladona (1973)

Well, quite enjoy some psychadelic moments, but overall like other artsy gutsy - avant garde stuff I can't come with some legit thought regard it. I won't rating it atm.
i think i'm gonna give it

Star Trek: Beyond (2016)

Women will be your undoing, Pépé
Christmas specials continue, with. . .

(QUANTRABLE AMOUNCE OF QUEBAWTCHES) How the Grinch Stole Christmas
Loses .5 popcorn cuz its only half an hour.

then watched

(LOTS AND LOTS OF REWATCHES) The Emperor's New Groove

Stoic (2009)

Four men are in a jail cell, and three of then are screaming for help because one of them has apparently hung himself. The story of what happened is told in flashback by the three surviving inmates. This is a brutal movie based on a true story.

28 days...6 hours...42 minutes...12 seconds
How The Grinch Stole Christmas

A lot of people like to crap on this film, but it's not that bad in my opinion. Carrey shines as the Grinch and the make-up on him is remarkable. The stage looks fake, but feels real in the Dr. Seuss world. They obviously needed to embellish the story a bit and I feel that's where people feel the film drags the story down. The actual Grinch stealing Christmas segment happens in the last act, which is really well done. I do agree that there is just something...'off' about the film though. Maybe it needs to be brighter and more cheerful because that doesn't necessarily come across the screen so well.

Suspect's Reviews

Finished here. It's been fun.
Adventures of Prince Achmed

Charming, lovely animated classic from the 1920's.

A beautiful restoration of what could have easily been one of the lost treasures of cinema. It makes me wonder how many hidden masterpieces have been lost to the passage of time.

A streetcar named Desire

Well i guess I`ll start off with the bad since that was what first struck me and thats Viven Leighs acting.All that i dont like about older movies,the over the top overdramatic,downright erratic acting.I wasnt sure i was going to keep watching but then in walks Marlon Brando.He really was something else.He was most definitly the best thing about this movie,only his very natural way of acting highlights vivens over the top acting and makes it even worse. I thought the story line was rather interesting,though some things had me rolling my eyes,the constant obessesion with looks and weight,and the sister not be able to have a proper conversation because she doesnt have the brains for it,shes only a woman you know.but then it had some great parts aswell- a woman who sleeps around was not what i was expecting.Her characters story is rather interesting,i really wish it had been done differently,cos i think i could have really liked her-but then again it might not have been any different had it been played by someone else as that was the way it was done at the time. I liked it,though i loved the parts with Marlon.I loved the relationship between him and his wife,things werent as black and white (no pun intended) as usual-he did bad things but it didnt really seem like they were trying to make him to be a bad man. I was actually surprised by the ending.

A streetcar named Desire

Well i guess I`ll start off with the bad since that was what first struck me and thats Viven Leighs acting.All that i dont like about older movies,the over the top overdramatic,downright erratic acting...
That's a style of acting called theatrical acting. It stems from stage acting where the delivery of the lines and body language was a little more grandiose and stylized. It was popular in the first half of the twentieth century. It's not bad acting, it's only different than what most people are use to today. Kind of how singing styles have changed in the last 50+ years.

Vivien Leigh won an Oscar for Best Actress in a Leading Role for Streetcar Named Desire. She was nominated for the same thing by the Golden Globes among other awards.

Yeah okay agree to disagree.

Just wondering why do you have a big problem with Casey Affleck because of abuse allegations (an understandable position) but you don't have one with Brando who it has been pretty much confirmed committed sexual assault? Just curious coz i was surprised about your positive opinion of Brando when stuff like that has seemed to affect you enjoying other peoples movies because of accusations?

A young girl,who lives carefree and refuses to take responsibility for her life will soon realise just how much trouble her partylife style can get her in.After moving to New York with a friend she befriends some drugdealers and they waste their days smoking and drinking,but things soon go awry.

I dont really think its a good title,it doesnt really have anything to do with the movie.The cast and acting is great,its been compared to KIDS and it has that gritty,realistic feel to it but it doesnt quite succeed,its a bit too over the top to make that connection.theres one thing that bothers me,characters tell her a few times that when she looks like she does she can get everything/do anything she wants-im assuming thats where the title fits in-but the girl looks like a junkie who hasnt showered for the past week throughout most of the movie. Overall entertaining plot,good acting- decent movie.

Yeah okay agree to disagree.

Just wondering why do you have a big problem with Casey Affleck because of abuse allegations (an understandable position) but you don't have one with Brando who it has been pretty much confirmed committed sexual assault? Just curious coz i was surprised about your positive opinion of Brando when stuff like that has seemed to affect you enjoying other peoples movies because of accusations?
are you referring to the assault of the actress in one of his movies or has he done something else aswell? Not that it matters.
I do think hes absolute garbage for what he did and he should have been arrested for it along side his sidekick.Im actually glad you mentioned it because i dont really have a logical answer for it- i actually have trouble connecting that they are the same person.