Movie Tab II

Tools    

A system of cells interlinked
Blow Out (DePalma, 1981) - I love a lot about this film, but man, who gave nancy Allen a job? She is awful...lol. Still, I like this one, they don't cop out in the end...

Do you know my poetry?
Hable con ella, A+
2002 - Pedro Almodóvar

Night of the Living Dead, B+
1968 - George A. Romero

Harold and Kumar Overall i was suprised how well made this was, but it still wasn't very funny. Nice concept though, easy to relate to 3/5

Dogma This is by far the furthest stretched entry into to the Jay and Silent Bob est, but damn it, i still love it. Great ensemble cast, and a **** demon. 5/5

Originally Posted by Sedai
Blow Out (DePalma, 1981)
...but man, who gave Nancy Allen a job? She is awful...lol.
The man who was sleeping with her and married to her at the time, the writer and director of the film Brian DePalma. She was also in three of his previous movies, Carrie, Home Movies and Dressed to Kill.

"Film is a disease. When it infects your bloodstream it takes over as the number one hormone. It bosses the enzymes, directs the pineal gland, plays Iago to your psyche. As with heroin, the antidote to Film is more Film." - Frank Capra

The People's Republic of Clogher
The first 20 minutes of Alexander (2004, A Guy Who Used To Be Oliver Stone)

2/5

Tried to watch this last night but both me and the person I was watching it with were in fits of laughter by 5 minutes...

The DVD goes back tomorrow, I might have got to half an hour by then.

"To be sure, to be sure Alexander! Sure you'll rule the world some day, so ye will! Ye will ye will ye will ye will ye will." And so on...

Stone's first choice for Alexander was deemed 'not Irish enough'.

I got for good luck my black tooth.
Wedding Crashers 2/5 or maybe 2.5/5 but probably 2/5

This was better than I expected. The writing wasn't very good and it was predictable but the great comedic timing and delivery or Owen Wilson and especially Vince Vaughn kept it fun and kinda funny. Rachel McAdams' performance was a bit akward at times but that's ok because she's beautiful. Newcomer Keir O'Donnell is funny and very comitted to his small role. Wilson lacks the chops for the dramatic scenes he's in, but Vince Vaughn helps him out with his ability to adapt any lines to his unique style so that they are pretty believable. Oh, and Will Ferrell's nicely over-the-top cameo is fun to watch as well. A solid popcorn flick and possibly a good date movie (not that I'm any expert on that).

Can we try with real bullets now?
Originally Posted by Strummer521

Wedding Crashers 2/5 or maybe 2.5/5 but probably 2/5

This was better than I expected. The writing wasn't very good and it was predictable but the great comedic timing and delivery or Owen Wilson and especially Vince Vaughn kept it fun and kinda funny. Rachel McAdams' performance was a bit akward at times but that's ok because she's beautiful. Newcomer Keir O'Donnell is funny and very comitted to his small role. Wilson lacks the chops for the dramatic scenes he's in, but Vince Vaughn helps him out with his ability to adapt any lines to his unique style so that they are pretty believable. Oh, and Will Ferrell's nicely over-the-top cameo is fun to watch as well. A solid popcorn flick and possibly a good date movie (not that I'm any expert on that).
I agree with most of the points you made, but overall I liked this movie much more than you did. Probably because I've had a soft spot for Vince Vaughn ever since I saw Swingers

Originally Posted by Misirlou
I agree with most of the points you made, but overall I liked this movie much more than you did. Probably because I've had a soft spot for Vince Vaughn ever since I saw Swingers
Yeah Vaughn is great, even though so many of his movies aren't

Originally Posted by linespalsy
The Secret of Roan Inish (1994, Sayles)
The Tragedy of Othello (1952, Welles)
Oh!

I'm so envious!
"Today, war is too important to be left to politicians. They have neither the time, the training, nor the inclination for strategic thought. I can no longer sit back and allow Communist infiltration, Communist indoctrination, Communist subversion and the international Communist conspiracy to sap and impurify all of our precious bodily fluids."

A system of cells interlinked
Originally Posted by undercoverlover
Blade Runner ---- made my younger brother watch it with me, while i love this movie to death he was less than impressed
Unfortunately, there comes a time in some folks life when they must face a tough decision...like giving up one's younger brother for adoption. There are plenty of Blade Runner fans that would love to be your younger brother, let's give them a chance.

We are all behind you, 100%.

Meanwhile:

The Fisher King
(Gilliam, 1991)
Kung Fu Hustle (Chow, 2004)

Scream, 1, 2, and 3

Originally Posted by Sedai
Unfortunately, there comes a time in some folks life when they must face a tough decision...like giving up one's younger brother for adoption. There are plenty of Blade Runner fans that would love to be your younger brother, let's give them a chance.

We are all behind you, 100%.

Oh, and I haven't had time to watch a movie since I got back… I feel serious withdrawals coming on…

AiSv Nv wa do hi ya do...
(Walk in Peace)

Once Upon a Time in the West
My first real western. If there are more like this, I think I could really get to like this genre. This just may be the beginning of a beautiful friendship.

Here's one time when a blind buy paid off in spades!

Anyone got any tips for what the second western I watch should be?

Once Upon a Time in the West
My first real western. If there are more like this, I think I could really get to like this genre. This just may be the beginning of a beautiful friendship.

Here's one time when a blind buy paid off in spades!

Eastwood's Unforgiven and/or Peckinpah's The Wild Bunch.

Thanks Holden, I had a feeling it would be you that would help me out.

An interesting fact i just picked up: When Leone made Once Upon a Time in the West, he was tired of Westerns and wanted to make Once Upon a Time in America instead. But he was told to make another western and so he did and well...

"Sometimes you do your best work with a gun to your head."
-Chili Palmer- Get Shorty

Can we try with real bullets now?
I loved Unforgiven and The Wild Bunch just as much as Holden and they are great movies for newcomers to the genre to watch. After you watch those I suggest you try out Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid.

The People's Republic of Clogher
Land And Freedom (1995, Ken Loach)

4/5

A young Englishman goes to Spain in 1936 to fight in their Civil War against the Fascists. Ian Hart must be the most underrated, and thus overlooked, English actor of his generation.

Great film, highly recommended.