The MoFo Top 100 of the Seventies

→ in
Tools    

Got both of those. And everybody please remember to number them, 1-25.
"Film is a disease. When it infects your bloodstream it takes over as the number one hormone. It bosses the enzymes, directs the pineal gland, plays Iago to your psyche. As with heroin, the antidote to Film is more Film." - Frank Capra

The Brave Little Weeman Returns!
List. Almost. Complete.

Reviews

I still have 3 movies to watch (Barry Lyndon, The Mirror and Being There) and 3 to rewatch (The Sting, Chinatown and Star Wars) before I send my list.

2022 Mofo Fantasy Football Champ
I still have 3 movies to watch (Barry Lyndon, The Mirror and Being There) and 3 to rewatch (The Sting, Chinatown and Star Wars) before I send my list.
That's a lot of watching in 48 hours

RIP www.moviejustice.com 2002-2010
OK. My list is in.
and
Although I may be breaking the rules here, but NO... Pumping Iron is NOT on it.

http://www.movieforums.com/community...ad.php?t=26201

Sent my list in; if my first 50 picks were ineligible, I'd still be able to find 25 titles that I'd be happy with. The countdown was good motivation for me to watch a lot of movies outside of my comfort zone. If anything, it's made me a more knowledgeable movie fan, and will make me a better forum member.

Like some other members, the hardest part for me was deciding between childhood favorites I saw at the cinema, and have loved for many years, from new favorites. I ended up with a nice mix that I feel good about, and I look forward to the countdown.

1970, 1
1971, 3
1972, 3
1973, 2
1974, 1
1975, 2
1976, 3
1977, 4
1978, 3
1979, 3

Cricket you deserve some major props for the homework you did for this list. Honestly I did not watch all that much new stuff because I already had 25 I really liked from the decade. I know you did too so that is not an excuse just the reason. You give me motivation for the 60's list though. I started to make one a couple weeks ago and there are only 12 titles that I feel comfortable putting on a list so I need to do a lot of watching and a lot of recos.

My 60s needs some massive work too. Only about 10 I really like. Others I enjoy but feel like I could find different things I would like more.

Thanks seanc, I have a habit of overdoing things, but this was good because it's something positive. At least I had already seen a lot of 70's movies. The 60's, not as much.

I've seen more movies from the '50s than any other decade.
I haven't seen much from the 50s but that would be an easy list for me because what I've seen I've mainly loved.

I've got a much better start on my 60s list than I did on my 70s list, but I still have a long way to go. I actually started writing down possible movies for my 60s list as I was doing my 70s list. Several times when I'd think of an older movie I liked and I thought might work for my 70s list, it turned out to be from the 60s. I've got 8 definites so far.

I never could get the hang of Thursdays.
I had the opposite problem, Miss Vicky, I had films on my 60s list which turned out to be 70s films. I've got a 60s list of 25 now, but some of those towards the bottom of the list I'd be happy to replace with other films.

OK....make that seventy-four lists!

This one really is going to go right down to the wire. Those of you about to turn in ballots over the next two days (deadline tomorrow at midnight, Tuesday turning into Wednesday, Eastern Standard Time), you are sealing the fate and placement of so many movies. Still less than a hundred points separates the top three vote getters, anything can happen there. And there's quite a bunching in the next six slots as well, as places four through nine on the list are also only separated by a hundred points, total.

But beyond the final look of the top ten, there are races all up and down at every level that are either a dead heat or separated by single points. Yes, even your one or three point vote from the bottom of your list will still determine what the final list looks like. Bigtime.

The top twenty-seven films all have at least two hundred points, and the hundred point threshold currently goes down to number fifty-five. Right now, after seventy-four ballots, the minimum number of points a film needs to get on the list is fifty-two. But that means there are about thirty-six films just on the cusp, within twenty points, that a high-placed vote from you could vault right onto the list. And really anything that gets two or three big votes or more in this last push, even if it hasn't gotten a single nomination yet, could still crack the list.

Three hundred and eighty-three titles have been named, thus far. Two hundred and eighty-three of 'em ain't gonna be in the top one hundred.

Keep those ballots coming. I really think we can at least get into the high eighties or into the nineties, if not all the way to my hopeful goal of one hundred MoFos participating.

Bring 'em on!

Attachments
Click image for larger version

Name:	meatballs.jpg
Views:	472
Size:	90.9 KB
ID:	16317