Batman vs. Superman: Dawn of Justice

Tools    

Young Skywalker. Missed you, I have...
So it is apparent that Orlando Bloom is the front runner for Batman in this movie. I am not quite sure how I feel about that. I like Bloom and think that he is a decient actor, he just doesn't seem very Batman to me....

So it is apparent that Orlando Bloom is the front runner for Batman in this movie. I am not quite sure how I feel about that. I like Bloom and think that he is a decient actor, he just doesn't seem very Batman to me....
I second this. He is not an actor I think would wear the cowl very well.

Young Skywalker. Missed you, I have...
Screen Rant has a list of five guys that they think should be next in line to play Batman.

Josh Holloway
Matt Bomer
Anson Mount
Luke Evans
Richard Armitage

I think that Josh Holloway would be the best out of this list. Anson Mount might not be bad if he shaves some of his beard off. Matt Bomer looks more like Superman to me. Luke Evans seems like he would be a better Lex Luthor, he just looks kinda villany. Richard Armitage doesn't look like he would even fit into the hero world to me.

http://www.totalfilm.com/news/rumour...an-vs-superman

There's a rumour that Bale has been offered a $50m cheque to return to the cape... it's been said that negotiations are in place and that he may only make a 20 minute appearance in a kind of handover to a new actor (kind of a Kirk-Picard Generations style handover) and still get the $50m pay check.

I do hope so.

In the Beginning...

There's a rumour that Bale has been offered a $50m cheque to return to the cape... it's been said that negotiations are in place and that he may only make a 20 minute appearance in a kind of handover to a new actor (kind of a Kirk-Picard Generations style handover) and still get the $50m pay check.
This is stupid. He's going to hand over the role to who? Bruce Wayne? It makes no sense. If this is true, it's the studio trying to continue cashing in rather than respectfully put the Nolan/Bale interpretation of Batman to bed.

In the Beginning...
Meh. Then it's not Bruce Wayne. Who wants to see a Superman/John Blake team-up? Nobody.

I think the right approach is to let someone else have a crack at the Bruce Wayne role. It's not like Christian Bale is even close to being a definitive Batman and we're all accustomed to seeing actors come and go in these superhero films anyway.

We've gone on holiday by mistake

I do hope so.
I will take bets right now that he WILL be in the movie.

Damn! I kinda look like Bale, I'll settle for 10m.

I think there's 2 severe issues that will affect the outcome of the movie.

1). Christian Bale will not be playing Batman. Anyone who thinks this will not effect the final product at least from the audience perception is fooling themselves.

2). Man of Steel did not deliver and because of that you're throwing a Batman into the mix the audience has yet to accept AND you're building on top of a shoddy foundation in Man of Steel.

Personally I think it's a recipe for a disaster we've not seen since Batman and Robin (1997)

On the outside looking in.
I think there's 2 severe issues that will affect the outcome of the movie.

1). Christian Bale will not be playing Batman. Anyone who thinks this will not effect the final product at least from the audience perception is fooling themselves.

2). Man of Steel did not deliver and because of that you're throwing a Batman into the mix the audience has yet to accept AND you're building on top of a shoddy foundation in Man of Steel.

Personally I think it's a recipe for a disaster we've not seen since Batman and Robin (1997)

Personally, I'm glad Bale won't be wearing the cape and cowl in this movie; why drag his majestic BATMAN into the sequel to a mediocre SUPERMAN movie?

this is going to be an interesting sequel...

Well, it's been established that WB are looking to cast an actor in his early 40's. While I think that the producers already have their Batman locked in, but speculation is rife and I hope that it is Joel Edgerton. I mean, he has already proved he has acting chosen in both Warrior and Zero Dark Thirty; the former of which has proved he can handle action well, especially with Batman's physical style relying partly on Mixed Martial Arts... On top of this Edgerton is starring in Ridley Scott's Exodus with Christian Bale which would allow him to trade notes and tips. While the last point won't necessarily affect the reason he should be employed, it does make the discussion more interesting.

Bad choice for Batman if that's true.

At 5'8, Edgerton isn't tall enough, he also doesn't have the athletic build, he doesn't look old enough to portray Bruce Wayne in his 40s (Edgerton is only 39 as well) and he doesn't have the acting ability needed for the role of an old and grizzled crime fighter.

If they stick Joel Edgerton in a Batsuit... quite literally all I would see, is Joel Edgerton wearing a Batsuit.

It'd be Nicholas Cage as Superman incarnate.

What about Brolin for the Wayne/Batman role???

Lets face it we know the guy can act and I reckon he could carry the role well.

Or they could concentrate on making another Superman film to develop the characters more and look to build on the foundations towards a JL movie???

Bad choice for Batman if that's true.

At 5'8, Edgerton isn't tall enough, he also doesn't have the athletic build, he doesn't look old enough to portray Bruce Wayne in his 40s (Edgerton is only 39 as well) and he doesn't have the acting ability needed for the role of an old and grizzled crime fighter.

If they stick Joel Edgerton in a Batsuit... quite literally all I would see, is Joel Edgerton wearing a Batsuit.

It'd be Nicholas Cage as Superman incarnate.
Maybe not then... Haha.

Karl Urban?

They must be joking...
Here, if you have a milkshake, and I have a milkshake, and I have a straw. There it is, that's a straw, you see? You watching?. And my straw reaches acroooooooss the room, and starts to drink your milkshake... I... drink... your... milkshake!
-Daniel, There Will Be Blood