2013 Oscar Best Supporting Actor

Tools    

And the choice for Best Supporting Actor is...?
0%
0 votes
Alan Arkin, ARGO
15.00%
6 votes
Robert De Niro, SILVER LININGS PLAYBOOK
35.00%
14 votes
Philip Seymour Hoffman, THE MASTER
12.50%
5 votes
Tommy Lee Jones, LINCOLN
37.50%
15 votes
Christoph Waltz, DJANGO UNCHAINED
40 votes. You may not vote on this poll

Five performances. Which was your favorite, or do you think most deserving?

Alan Arkin, ARGO
Robert De Niro, SILVER LININGS PLAYBOOK
Philip Seymour Hoffman, THE MASTER
Tommy Lee Jones, LINCOLN
Christoph Waltz, DJANGO UNCHAINED

Attachments
Click image for larger version

Name:	Arkin.jpg
Views:	990
Size:	10.1 KB
ID:	9884   Click image for larger version

Name:	DeNiro.jpg
Views:	997
Size:	10.6 KB
ID:	9885   Click image for larger version

Name:	Hoffman.jpg
Views:	982
Size:	6.7 KB
ID:	9886   Click image for larger version

Name:	Waltz.jpg
Views:	1002
Size:	8.5 KB
ID:	9888   Click image for larger version

Name:	jONES.jpg
Views:	995
Size:	5.4 KB
ID:	9889  

"Film is a disease. When it infects your bloodstream it takes over as the number one hormone. It bosses the enzymes, directs the pineal gland, plays Iago to your psyche. As with heroin, the antidote to Film is more Film." - Frank Capra

28 days...6 hours...42 minutes...12 seconds
Everyone here has won an Oscar before. I think Hoffman was great and I hope he takes it.

Suspect's Reviews

Hoff was great but only other nomination seen was Arkin, whose role was quite limited so don't see him edging a powerhouse performance out.

This is possibly the most open category, in my picks I've got PSH down at the moment but actually vote for Waltz in the poll. Waltz is brilliant in Django Unchained though, once again.

This category I like to call the battle of the titans. It's 5 great actors nominated, and any of them could win it. I voted for DeNiro only because I was outraged he was snubbed at the Golden Globes.

If I had to choose a second favorite, I'd go with Waltz.

I do believe Leonardo Di Caprio and Michael Pena (for End of Watch) were snubbed big time.

Robert De Niro. Because it's ROBERT DE NIRO.

I hate that Christopher Waltz. I hope he vanishes into thin air.

I do believe Leonardo Di Caprio and Michael Pena (for End of Watch) were snubbed big time.
Michael Pena snubbed for End of Watch? Dream on. He was the worst thing about it.

I voted Christoph Waltz, DJANGO UNCHAINED

but why no Sam? he nailed his role, I thought he stole the show.

Robert De Niro. Because it's ROBERT DE NIRO.

I hate that Christopher Waltz. I hope he vanishes into thin air.
No way! Christoph Waltz is a great actor. His performance in Inglourious Basterds is one of the greatest I have seen in a long time, and he did a fantastic job in Django, even though I think Leonardo stole the show.

I've only seen two of the nominated performances and of the two I thought Philip Seymour Hoffman's was the better one. I enjoyed Waltz's performance but I really felt that, of the main supporting roles in Django Unchained, Waltz's was the weakest. Leonardo DiCaprio stole the show. Samuel L. Jackson was also excellent.

Christoph Waltz. This man is slowly becoming one of my favourite actors.

His performance in Django isn't as good as in Inglourious Basterds (where I think he was simply outstanding), but it is still superb. A thoroughly deserved nomination.

Christopher Waltz was nothing but an unbelievably annoying, unattractive girly-man in Inglorious Basterds. I haven't seen Django Unchained yet, but I'm really not looking forward to it (though, I do care about seeing Leo) thanks to Christopher Waltz. It's a grand shame that everyone loves him. I curse Quentin Tarantino for using that actor. He will end up making Quentin's career a mess in time, I believe. Just watch. The full effect hasn't permeated with everyone yet, but I've picked up a big touch of it already and it's not nice. He's annoying.

Christopher Waltz was nothing but an unbelievably annoying, unattractive girly-man in Inglorious Basterds. I haven't seen Django Unchained yet, but I'm really not looking forward to it (though, I do care about seeing Leo) thanks to Christopher Waltz. It's a grand shame that everyone loves him. I curse Quentin Tarantino for using that actor. He will end up making Quentin's career a mess in time, I believe. Just watch. The full effect hasn't permeated with everyone yet, but I've picked up a big touch of it already and it's not nice. He's annoying.
Come on man, get real! His "annoying, unattractive girly man" impersonation of Hans Landa made the character even more conniving, manipulative, and just plain evil. I loved every second Waltz was onscreen as Landa. He made that movie.

Tarantino is a genius for discovering him. It's his best move since he revived John Travolta's career and brought the "bad mother ****er" out of Samuel Jackson!

I thought Christoph Waltz was absolutely superb in Inglourious Basterds and felt that his Oscar nomination and win that year was much deserved. I just don't think he repeated that level of excellence with Django and the nomination should have gone to DiCaprio or Jackson.

Is that why he won the Oscar? Lmao.

He deserved the Oscar for the strudel scene alone.

Come on man, get real! His "annoying, unattractive girly man" impersonation of Hans Landa made the character even more conniving, manipulative, and just plain evil. I loved every second Waltz was onscreen as Landa. He made that movie.
Not to me. And yes, what he does in that movie helps make him abominable, but that doesn't mean I still have to be crazy about him as an actor. Frankly, I'd rather hate a character that also makes me feel some sort of pleasure. Then you have to hate that. Christopher Waltz is, "BAAAHHHHHH!!!! I'M CRAZY! I'M NUTTY! I KILL PEOPLE! HAHAHAHAHAH!!!!" He's The Joker. And not one I like. Someone get a cane and pull him off the stage.

I thought Christoph Waltz was absolutely superb in Inglourious Basterds and felt that his Oscar nomination and win that year was much deserved. I just don't think he repeated that level of excellence with Django and the nomination should have gone to DiCaprio or Jackson.
I agree with you Miss Vicky. Waltz was more powerful in Basterds than he was here.

I truly believe that DiCaprio was robbed out of a nomination.

Samuel Jackson was good, but if there's one movie he really deserved the Oscar for, it was Pulp Fiction. If he ever wins an Oscar now, which I hope he does, it will be out of the Academy's guilt for not awarding him with it in 1995.

The fact that Waltz got the nomination again is proof that the irritation infection he's giving off is already starting to work. Miss Vicky just caught a whiff.

Wait until this keeps going. Then you will have had it with him.