A view from the Master.

→ in
Tools    

"Hey Look it's Masterman"
I liked Open Water so I was planning on giving this a try sometime. I'll pass now-thanks for the heads up.
To be honest ime not a fan of Open Water, don't get me wrong it's better than Adrift but you may still like it.

Miss Vicky's Loyal and Willing Slave
Oh great just what I need, more competition from another reviews thread! Although going by your first few attempts you don't really seem to be much competition after all!

Oh great just what I need, more competition from another reviews thread! Although going by your first few attempts you don't really seem to be much competition after all!
You would need to be good for it to be competition my friend.

Adrift has one of the most annoying characters in the history of film.
It has a whole bunch of them .

Die Hard
Directed By: John McTiernan

Plot: Tough New York cop John McClane finds himself in a tight situation when an office building in Los Angeles is taken over by terrorists. Apart from himself, everyone else in the building - including his wife - is held at gunpoint while their captors spell out their demands. The F.B.I. are called in to survey the situation, but John McClane has other plans for the terrorists.

The 80's was the ultimate action movie decade, it had some of the greatest action movies ever made, movies like Predator, Lethal Weapon, Commando, First Blood, Terminator, and of course... Die Hard!. What made Die Hard stand out among the rest tho?... John McClane!!. Die Hard didn't need Muscle Bursting action Stars, it didn't need Bruce Willis running around with a machete down his pants or a Rocket Launcher over his shoulder ( Arnie), all it needed was John McClane. McClane is one of the greatest movie characters ever created. He's a character everybody loves, he's a badass, he's crazy, and he's cool all rolled into a big ball, I mean who else can pull a vest of like John McClane?..

Triva:
The original release poster for the film did not feature Bruce Willis' likeness, just the building (pre-release promo posters did show Willis). The producers originally thought it might deter non-Willis fans from seeing the movie. Posters were later altered after the early box office success
I wanted to review and share my thoughts on this movie because its a movie everybody seems to enjoy, it's a movie I've seen pop up on alot of top 100 lists, and it's a movie well received by alot of critics . Don't get me wrong Die Hard deserves all the praise it gets... but that doesn't mean it doesn't have it's minor faults.

. With a running time of 132 minutes the movie is way to long.

. There is way to much time with John McClane off screen.

. John's and Holly's relationship just doesn't feel right, it feels forced for the purpose of the story. ( he doesn't give a **** basically).

I don't really know why ime picking at minor things I don't like about this movie, maybe it's because there little things that annoy me, or maybe it's because without those minor things this movie would flow alot more nicely. I just think there's a little to much time spent on things that don't really matter. Overall Die Hard is a fantastic movie, it's entertaining as F*** and it's a very cool movie, well McClane makes it cool but it all fits together. Die Hard will always have a place in my movie collection, and a place in my top 100.

Some of my favorite action movies came out after the '80s - The Dark Knight trilogy and Desperado, for example - but Die Hard is definitely a staple of action cinema. It's easily my favorite to come out during that time period.

Some of my favorite action movies came out after the '80s - The Dark Knight trilogy and Desperado, for example - but Die Hard is definitely a staple of action cinema. It's easily my favorite to come out during that time period.
I think the 80's was the best period for action movies, today's action films just don't match up to the old school action movies. They where fun, cheesy and badass at the same time.

The 80's and early 90's is the golden age of action movies. It has the genres best stars, best movies, and among the biggest hits and franchises.
Agree'd. Even to this day there trying to spin movies of the success of the 80's. movies like Die Hard, Predator, The Expandables, and now talk of re-booting Terminator. If its not bad sequels then its bad Re-boots.

Agree'd. Even to this day there trying to spin movies of the success of the 80's. movies like Die Hard, Predator, The Expandables, and now talk of re-booting Terminator. If its not bad sequels then its bad Re-boots.
Mostly because the actions stars of today do not contend with the action stars of yesterday. Gerald Butler and Jason Statham are great, but no Arnie, Sly or Bruce.

Mostly because the actions stars of today do not contend with the action stars of yesterday. Gerald Butler and Jason Statham are great, but no Arnie, Sly or Bruce.
Ime a fan of Gerard Butler myself, I'd like to see him in more action movies.

Gerald Butler works damn well as an action lead. I liked him in Olympias has Fallen and 300 was awesome!
I watched Olympias has Fallen yesterday, I really enjoyed it. Not very original but better than most action movies around today. Butler is pretty badass aswell.

Women will be your undoing, Pépé
great reviews on 300 and Die Hard. A big fan of both

oh, and . . .

As am I. I have yet to see or hear someone who liked the movie.
regarding Sucker Punch, didn't like it too much beyond pretty lil girls with guns on the first view, but a few more watches and i gotta say i do enjoy the movie. Like his other films, its the visuals that really draw you in.

and pretty lil girls with guns DO help lol

great reviews on 300 and Die Hard. A big fan of both

oh, and . . .

regarding Sucker Punch, didn't like it too much beyond pretty lil girls with guns on the first view, but a few more watches and i gotta say i do enjoy the movie. Like his other films, its the visuals that really draw you in.

and pretty lil girls with guns DO help lol
Okay so the score is one like, and dozens dislike. Still pretty poor.