50's HoF - Part Two

Tools    

Bright light. Bright light. Uh oh.
This is getting really ridiculous. You shouldn't be in a HoF if you aren't open-minded. It seems (to me) that most people shouldn't be in one, let alone every one. There, I said it again. Sorry.

If you mean me or Sean, you are wrong in both cases. People get to be individuals, we get to have our likes and dislikes. Sean watched the musical and gave his honest opinion. If it was a Disney animated film I would watch it and give my honest opinion.

Yeah, I don't think I go into things closed minded. I have had lots of surprises in my HOF viewings. I guess I could just give everything a 2.5 and call it a day.

So what are you supposed to do to be one of these open minded superior film watchers? Pretend you don't have certain tastes, or look past things that you consider bad film making? All in the name of being what exactly?

That's why Wizard Of Oz would be one I love.
Actually i quite like this too. Think it is at least partially because of nostalgia for me since i used to watch it all the time with my family as a kid. It is one of those movies i know inside out.

Bright light. Bright light. Uh oh.
So what are you supposed to do to be one of these open minded superior film watchers? Pretend you don't have certain tastes, or look past things that you consider bad film making? All in the name of being what exactly?
There' s nothing "superior" about what I'm talking about. I don't want anybody to be emotionally, spiritually and physically dead, just like me, seriously. Just try not repeating yourself so much. Maybe you could once write a review from a different perspective - not talking about character or your general likes and dislikes, but talk more about specific feelings and scenes in the movie. Hey, they're your thoughts - that's what I was reacting to.

There' s nothing "superior" about what I'm talking about. I don't want anybody to be emotionally, spiritually and physically dead, just like me, seriously. Just try not repeating yourself so much. Maybe you could once write a review from a different perspective - not talking about character or your general likes and dislikes, but talk more about specific feelings and scenes in the movie. Hey, they're your thoughts - that's what I was reacting to.
That's fair enough and not bad advice. Maybe you could take some of your own and lead with that, which is constructive, instead of doing drive-bys when someone doesn't like a movie you do. I have been here long enough to know how that works.

The thing isolated becomes incomprehensible
AlexWilder just asked me if he could join the HoF!
For me it's ok, but I have to listen to your opinions before deciding anything. So, what do you say?

but talk more about specific feelings and scenes in the movie.
This is one of the main reasons i never attempt to do a proper review. Sometimes i talk about specific scenes but i'm not very good at going in depth, mainly the former though i'm really not good at all at putting how a movie makes me feel into words. Think you are my favourite reviewer here because you put things perfectly about movies i've seen and you really make me want to see movies (like The Diving Bell and the Butterfly recently for example) from how you describe what you got out of it, often in a few paragraphs or less even. Nothing against any of the mammoth posters i really enjoy MM and JayDee's reviews too whenever i get around to them for example.

AlexWilder just asked me if he could join the HoF!
For me it's ok, but I have to listen to your opinions before deciding anything. So, what do you say?
I'm OK with that. As long as he can watch all the films and send in a voting list, then I'm fine with him joining. AlexWilder said he finished the 9th Hof, so anyone who can finish a Hof these days is OK with me

You can't make a rainbow without a little rain.
I'm OK with that. As long as he can watch all the films and send in a voting list, then I'm fine with him joining. AlexWilder said he finished the 9th Hof, so anyone who can finish a Hof these days is OK with me

Ditto

The thing isolated becomes incomprehensible
Ok, then I'll tell him to nominate a movie. I won't postpone the deadline now, but if I see someone's in trouble, in a month or so, I'll give an extra week!