The Scattergories Song Tournament

Tools    

Certainly a better idea, that one, Destiny. I'm just saying I'm not hooked on my spot, and cricket needs to be in this.

We'll have seven songs each, instead of eight.
That breaks my theme.

Certainly a better idea, that one, Destiny. I'm just saying I'm not hooked on my spot, and cricket needs to be in this.
Well, I think you both need to be.

That breaks my theme.
How so, if I may ask?

My first tourney, less than 24 hours, and already there's confusion...

Nobody leaves. Can somebody be generous enough to see how many people have said they'll join, including the ones who are now saying they're out, and figure out how many songs each of us can have to kick off the tournament.
“Let me tell you something you already know. The world ain't all sunshine and rainbows. It's a very mean and nasty place and I don't care how tough you are, it will beat you to your knees and keep you there permanently if you let it. You, me, or nobody is gonna hit as hard as life. But it ain't about how hard ya hit. It's about how hard you can get hit and keep moving forward. How much you can take and keep moving forward. That's how winning is done!” ~ Rocky Balboa

I don't want to spoil it if I can't even use it, but it's predicated on 6 or 8 songs.
Can somebody be generous enough to see how many people have said they'll join, including the ones who are now saying they're out, and figure out how many songs each of us can have to kick off the tournament.
Well, if Cricket, Honeykid and Hubby would like to join in, you could always go with six songs. Not that you actually want to hear that. I'm very willing to do so, myself. I'm fine with six songs for my list, and everyone being able to join in. Besides, we would only need three to four other people to spare another song, if all of those guys want to join in. If everyone drops one song, then Cricket and Honey would have seven songs each, just like the rest of us, and there would still be two songs spare. Then, if Hubby wants to join, he can take those two songs, another one of mine, one more of your songs to make six for you Omni, and another one of GBG's, because she married him. That would be five for him. Now, if one other person would spare another song, that would make five people with six songs each, and the other fourteen people would have seven songs each.

The Players
MoJo
Derek
Swan
Me
SC
GBG
Omni
AboveTheClouds
Tugg
SilentVamp
Gatsby
CR
Mistique
Christine
CiCi
Chypmunk

Possibly playing

Cricket
HoneyKid
Hubby

In the end, five people would have six songs each, and the other fourteen members would have seven songs each. Of course we need to hear from Hubby and Honey. Cricket sounded like he'd want to join in, though.

If everyone drops one song, then Cricket and Honey would have seven songs each, just like the rest of us, and there would still be two songs spare. Then, if Hubby wants to join, he can take those two songs, another one of mine, one more of your songs to make six, and another one of GBG's, because she married him. That would be five for him, and possibly one other person would spare another song. I think that makes five people with six songs each, and the other thirteen people would have seven songs each. I think I did that right.
This seems way more complicated than it needs to be.

This seems way more complicated than it needs to be.
Let me spell it out for you.

If everyone has 5 million bonkers, and 45627 of them went to 3247367 bills then 49079068720968740982760984370983670986093460962098 would be your answer. Divide that by 465254272 and you would get the interceptical of 02087509, in which 324098 people divided by 2 jelly beans would means equality for everyone!

If everyone has 5 million bonkers, and 45627 of them went to 3247367 bills then 49079068720968740982760984370983670986093460962098 would be your answer. Divide that by 465254272 and you would get the interceptical of 02087509, in which 324098 people divided by 2 jelly beans would means equality for everyone!
Mmmmmmmmm ... jelly beans

Exactly. I mean damn!

I specifically asked to confirm we had 8 slots before making my picks.

If I can't use them then I'm just gonna drop.
Well, we could first wait and see how many of the three members want to join in. Hopefully without making them feel bad about wanting to join in. Then, we will work it out, like we always do. There are plenty enough of us on here that will share some of our song spots with them. Let's just see what happens.

Well, we could first wait and see how many of the three members want to join in. Hopefully without making them feel bad about wanting to join in. Then, we will work it out, like we always do. There are plenty enough of us on here that will share some of our song spots with them. Let's just see what happens.
In that case I'm going to bed.

I can't think of any good Banana songs besides Banana Boat Song, so I might have to drop out.
Bananas in Pyjamas?

and how could you forget the Banana Splits?

Another couple of bananas for your contemplation CR:

Can't remember who sang it but there's also "Loving You Has Made Me Bananas" .... at least I think that was the title and not just a lyric part?