Juno's Top 100

→ in
Tools    

"Never read any book that is not a year old." -- Ralph Waldo Emerson

You shouldn't include Eclipse just for the reason that it came out so recently. You haven't even seen it twice yet probably (I don't know, maybe cuz it's Twilight). You haven't let it sink in. You haven't compared it against other films maybe not in the Twilight series... Same thing with Inception. It's been out 2 weeks. I've seen it twice already and the 2nd time definitely suffered. However, my 2nd viewing of TDK in theaters was nearly as awesome as the first time, hence the better film.

I have seen Eclipse not once, not twice, but three times and each time I find something new to enjoy. Like I said this film had the most action of the three released wich made it much more exciting for me.

As for Inception I have only seen it once and plan on seeing it a second time soon as it was a lot to take in. As you probably noticed I am a big Ellen Page fan so seeing her in a role like the one see has in Inception and really nailing it makes me excited for her upcoming career.

Concerning the Dark Knight this was a film I did not enjoy very much at all with the exception of Heath Ledger as the Joker. His character was so anticipated it kinda took the focus off the other parts of the movie and to him. I have also seem TDK two times and I cannot agree with you it still did nothing for me.

I thought Eclipse to be the best of the series so far. The films still do no justice to the books in my opinion, but I still enjoyed them.
The books are pretty bad but then Robert Pattinson irritates me as Edward (Edward and Jacob make a lovely couple, I think). I'm glad they got rid of the paedophilic...I mean 'imprinting' relationship between Quil and Claire. Unfortunate that their names together sound a lot like Clare Quilty...the rival paedophile in Lolita.

Since I have been here for a few months now I thought it should be time to tweek my top 100 list and add some older movies to the list that I have seen in the past and also take out some movies that right now aren't really sparking my interest to much. I will just list the movies that were in the top 100 from before and highlight the new editions as they fall into place.

I'm looking forward to this. It should be interesting to see what movies you've watched and added thanks to suggestions from MoFo. But won't it be hard to restart your Top 100 and insert new movies and exclude others?

My new updated list

1. Juno
2. The Notebook
3. Dead Poets Society
4. The Outsiders
5. Girl, Interrupted
6. The Princess Bride
7. To Kill A Mockingbird: I remember having to read this in school and then we watched the movie and I remembered how great Jem, Scout, and Dill were in this film. That is saying a lot because Gregory Peck was also brilliant.
8.West Side Story: This has got to be the best musical of all time. Great songs and great choreography.
9. American Beauty
10. To Sir, With Love: When I first saw this I just fell in love with the story how this class came respect their teacher as a lot more than just a teacher.
11. With Honors
12. The Breakfast Club
13.Bend It Like Beckham
14. August Rush
15. Hard Candy
16. Pay It Forward
17. Reign Over Me
18. Some Kind Of Wonderful
19. Field Of Dreams
20. The School Of Rock
21. Mean Girls
22. One Flew Over The Cuckoo's Nest: A very funny movie which I think Jack Nicholson is at his best.
23. Finding Neverland
24. The Graduate: Another classic that I just recently watched a really loved the story. Dustin Hoffman is incredible in the role.
25. Fast Times At Ridgemont High
26. Pretty In Pink
27. Doc Hollywood
28. Ferris Bueller's Day Off
29. St. Elmo's Fire
30. Happy Gilmore: One of the funnier Adam Sandler movies which I usually don't like.
31. 10 Things I Hate About You
32. Cool Hand Luke: I remember watching this and really liking Paul Newman's Character. George Kennedy however was the one who stole the show though for me.
33. Little Miss Sunshine
34. Inception
35. Remember The Titans: I loved this story and Denzel Washington was Brilliant in the lead,but Hayden Panettiere showed off why she was going to be a great actor in the future.
36. A Knight's Tale
37. There's Something About Mary
38. Hoosiers: The best basketball movie out there and a great performance by Dennis Hopper.
39. Sixteen Candles
40. Breakfast At Tiffany's: One of the oldest movies I have ever seen other than The Wizard Of Oz. Great story and wonderful performance by Audrey Hepburn.
41. Crazy/Beautiful
42. Say Anything
43. Animal House: A wonderful cast of hilarious actors make this film one of the funniest out there.
44. Taps:A very sad movie with great casting of Tim Hutton and Young Sean Pean and A Young Tom Cruise.
45. Hook
46. I Am Sam
47. The Goonies: Great movie when you are a kid and when you grow up. Also a lot of great scenery.
48. Whip It
49. Roman Holiday
: The other Audrey Hepburn film that she is wonderful in that I have seen.
50. Reality Bites

51. School Ties
52. All The Right Moves
53. Varsity Blues: A nice Teen Film about Football and what it really takes to win.
54. A Walk To Remember: Other than The Notebook this movie brought me to tears more than anything else.
55. One Crazy Summer
56. Jerry Macguire
57. Bridge To Terabithia: Another heartwarming story that brought me to tears. Also had great scenery.
58. Lucky Ones
59. Groundhog Day
60. Basketball Diaries: When I watched this movie I thought it was strictly a basketball film, but the performance Leonardo Di Caprio put on was brilliant.
61. The Wedding Singer: A nice funny romantic comedy. This is the 2nd Comedic film of Sandler's that I enjoyed.
62. Eclipse
63. New Moon
64. Twilight
65. The Runaways
66. Thirteen
67. RV
68. Benny & Joon
69. Sweet November
70. The Sisterhood Of The Traveling Pants: I enjoyed the books and also enjoyed this film.
71. Better Off Dead
72. Empire Records
73. My Sister's Keeper
74. Can't Buy Me Love
75. For Keeps
76. Miracle: Best hockey movie ever
77. Mr. Holland's Opus
78. The Great Outdoors
: Putting both John Candy and Dan Akroyd together and you have one funny movie.
79. That Thing You Do!: Tom Hanks directed/Produced and this film was a very good film.
80. Edward Scissorhands
81. Never Been Kissed: I really loved this story and this is probably my most favorite role of Drew Barrymore's.
82. Uptown Girls: I loved this movie and the chemistry between Dakota Fanning and Brittney Murphy was awesome.
83. Sweet Home Alabama: Reese Witherspoon is great in the down home romantic comedy.
84. Adventureland
85. Nine Months
86. Remember Me
87. Tuck Everlasting: Another romance that also has a great story behind it. Alexis Bledel is also very good in her role.
88. Back To School: Rodney Dangerfield and a Young Robert Downey Jr. are brilliant in this teen comedy.
89. Smart People
90. Mouth To Mouth
91. 500 Days Of Summer
92. 13 Going On 30: Another romantic comedy where Jennifer Garner goes back to the age of 13, but eventually finds romance.
93. Overboard
94. Less Than Zero
95. Youth In Revolt
96. Lucas: Another teenage flick that stars the late Corey Haim who is very good in the movie. The movie also has a very young Charlie Sheen.
97. Class
98. Hot Pursuit
99. The Sure Thing
100. The Sisterhood Of The Traveling Pants 2: Not as good as the 1st one, but still good enough to sneak into the top 100.

This is considerably better. Considerably. Good job.

RIP www.moviejustice.com 2002-2010
Juno,

Noticed you have a lot of films about school and teachers on your list. Have you seen Half Nelson, which is what I consider probably the best film centered around a teacher/students.

http://www.movieforums.com/community...ad.php?t=26201

Viddy's absolutely right. Watch Half Nelson, today if you can. Terrific film and I have confidence you'll appreciate it.

Here's my Jap high school rec:

&feature=related

Linda Linda Linda

The film that inspired the anime K-ON!

A near masterpiece.

Here's my Jap high school rec:

&feature=related

Linda Linda Linda

The film that inspired the anime K-ON!

A near masterpiece.
Class film.

Here's my Japanese high school recommendations:

Blue Spring

Swing Girls

Waterboys

then of course there's always Battle Royale!

Awesome recs. Much thanks!

Just don't ever watch BR II. Oh my god that was terrible.

Awesome recs. Much thanks!

Just don't ever watch BR II. Oh my god that was terrible.
I've seen it. What a waste of time. Kenta Fukasaku must've made his dad turn in his grave.

All About Lily Chou-Chou is also amazing. Much more than just a High School film, but if you liked the age-range.

Hideaki Anno's Love and Pop has a similar theme as the above, but is not as good, though both are some of my favorites.

And of course...

Welcome to the human race...
Juno, you should probably check out Dazed and Confused, Heathers and Pump Up The Volume - they're high school movies I like but aren't on your list, so I kind of assume you haven't seen him. Either way, interested in your opinion.

P.S.

If you're up for a little madness I'd recommend Summer Time Machine Blues

and in the age range , and this is a really great film

Ping Pong

and so is Hula Girls

Summer Time Machine Blues
Oh my god that looks awesome!

Christ, these recs are amazing.

Oh my god that looks awesome!

Christ, these recs are amazing.
that one is extremely daft, but fun as are Motohiro's other films I've seen notably Bayside Shakedown, Space Travelers and Udon