Tarantino Defending Polanski (Howard Stern)

Tools    

A system of cells interlinked
Ah, so you agree!

That's that, then!

But really, the thread did go from discussing the topic at hand, however misguided (or not), to quite a bit of back and forth about various MoFo's perceived political leanings. It's an old conversation, and one that tends to send threads into the toilet more often than not.

So yes, I agree that there is not much more to beat out of this particular dead horse.

Ah, so you agree!

That's that, then!

But really, the thread did go from discussing the topic at hand, however misguided (or not), to quite a bit of back and forth about various MoFo's perceived political leanings. It's an old conversation, and one that tends to send threads into the toilet more often than not.

So yes, I agree that there is not much more to beat out of this particular dead horse.

Personally, I don't care if any thread stays open forever. As long as it can be responded to directly when it makes its intention clear.

But considering there is a no politics rule here, I was just cutting this to the chase because I'm tired of threads that are created for obviously ulterior motives that can never be properly responded to.

Is there a conversation to be had about seperating art and the artist. Sure. But that isn't what this was. Obviously.

A system of cells interlinked
Personally, I don't care if any thread stays open forever. As long as it can be responded to directly when it makes its intention clear.

But considering there is a no politics rule here, I was just cutting this to the chase because I'm tired of threads that are created for obviously ulterior motives that can never be properly responded to.

Is there a conversation to be had about seperating art and the artist. Sure. But that isn't what this was. Obviously.
Emphasis mine:

We could guess at the motive, then we are ghost hunting, or at least I am, because I haven't known either of you as long as you have known each other, and as I inferred earlier, I get the feeling this conversation has been going on for years between you folks. So if I try to decode and read intentions, the moderation gets even trickier than it already is, so I just err on the side of the rules.

As pretty much everyone knows or eventually finds out here on MoFo, I tend to be a staunch defender of free speech, especially speech that rubs me the wrong way or grinds my gears politically, but after years and years of watching threads go in the tank over politics, I have to set my stances aside to moderate according to the (very few) rules on the matter on the site.

I don't think this thread is there yet, btw, and I think we all enjoy some heated discussion. Let's just push the topic a bit more towards the original intent, and we are golden.

Lastly: If I had to create a shortlist of favorite and most thought provoking MoFos who are currently active, both you and Corax would be near the top, for whatever that it worth!