The 29th Hall of Fame

Tools    

The trick is not minding
I wish more people had taken to Stroszek. It’s considered one of Herzog’s best films, particularly from that era. Ranks right behind Aguirre and Fitzcarraldo obviously, but not too far behind with Heart of Glass, Enigma of Kaspar Hauser, and his Nosferatu remake.

As for top 3….I’ll go with Das Boot, Goldfinger and Anomalisa making a sudden surge.

2022 Mofo Fantasy Football Champ
I would be shocked if Tomboy was last. It got mostly positive or slightly mixed reviews, nothing really bad.
The only ones that really got bad reviews were Goldfinger and Robot actually

Trouble with a capital "T"
I dug Stroszek, not only did I like it I thought it was a cool nom. All the noms were good, really no bad ones in the bunch. I know I've said that before but to everyone!

The only ones that really got bad reviews were Goldfinger and Robot actually
I thought Goldfinger was a shoe in for 1st but it got slammed a couple of times so I'm guessing it got a couple last place votes. Still should finish high and I really enjoyed watching it.

I wish more people had taken to Stroszek. It’s considered one of Herzog’s best films, particularly from that era. Ranks right behind Aguirre and Fitzcarraldo obviously, but not too far behind with Heart of Glass, Enigma of Kaspar Hauser, and his Nosferatu remake.

As for top 3….I’ll go with Das Boot, Goldfinger and Anomalisa making a sudden surge.

Aguirre was my first nom ever and it didn't do well at all.

That just blows my mind.
9th out of 11

1 - The Station Agent (87)
2 - Rebecca (85)
3 - Glory (78)
4 - The Elephant Man (72)
5 - American Graffiti (71)
6 - In the Mood for Love (69)
7 - Hedwig and the Angry Inch (65)
8 - Out of The Blue (57)
9 - Aguirre The Wrath of God (56)
10 - Shallow Grave (47)
11 - L'Avventura (39)

9th out of 11

1 - The Station Agent (87)
2 - Rebecca (85)
3 - Glory (78)
4 - The Elephant Man (72)
5 - American Graffiti (71)
6 - In the Mood for Love (69)
7 - Hedwig and the Angry Inch (65)
8 - Out of The Blue (57)
9 - Aguirre The Wrath of God (56)
10 - Shallow Grave (47)
11 - L'Avventura (39)
I've seen 7 of those (assuming the Hitchcock Rebecca was the nominated film). Nice selection, albeit unconventional rankings.

OMG, I've been rushing around all day long just to get my job done early so I could set down and enjoy the reveal! I swear this is like the Superbowl to me

I forgot the opening line.
11th

ROBOT (ENTHIRAN)

44 points (1st, 3rd, 6th, 7th, 8th, 9th, 10th, 11th, 11th, 11th, 11th)

cricket - "A blast"
Wyldesyde19 - "Not a bad film. But not a “good” one either"
ueno_station54 - "This is big, gaudy, spectacle filmmaking that just f*cking goes for it"

Latest Review : Aftersun (2022)