The rep point system is B.S.

Tools    

Arresting your development
Originally Posted by darkhorse
It's warped. Maybe it started out with the right idea, but it has quickly become open to serious abuse, so that straight players (such as myself) find it difficult to express themselves openly for fear of incurring the wrath of a hostile mob blinded to the truth.
I'm sorry to hear that people are getting a poor treatment from the other users here makin' em feel that this site is stressed. I just don't see it from them. Mobs, really? Reps with torches and pitch forks...

Breaking off the chain here I feel that we all carry our own weapons in this arena. I never gave some thoughts to any mob that will try to come at me on this or any site. It's not about them or anyone else you might wanna sit next to at lunch. Green dots, red dots who cares? Though I would like a blue lightsaber (bar) if possible... but that's besides the tip of pleasure.
If I were any of you I would not worry about the rep from others... just listen to what they are trying to say, no? Bounce ideas and thoughts back and fourth to each other... I mean that's what most of us are here for right? Don't fear the mobs and don't bring nothing but trouble and stress to the mix. Most likely you'll get special treatment…and some might even get the deluxe package with the sealant wax and new car smell!

As for the mods... they were granted the power from the King of this castle. His house his rules… if nobody likes it, leave. They don’t like it, and stay, then the mods (not the mob) might make you leave. Simple math.

Originally Posted by Equilibrium
Lets not do this again. you know as much as I, that I have apologized for saying what I said and we agreed to disagree about my opinions..but we both AGREED that I needed to find a less offensive way to portray my opinions. And the way you just quoted me and respinded is frankly offensive because I still feel like I'm not on the right terms with you. As if the slightest mistake could send me sailing away. And I think I've been a good boy around here, ya know. So please, don't treat me like an outsider.
The thing is, I feel it's the other way around. I, too, thought we had an understanding, but you seem to look for opportunities to undermine it, as if you still feel you've been wronged. What else are you referring to with posts like the one further up this page? Django said that people were banned for "political beliefs" and "standing up for what they believe in." Nebbit said "like who?" and you said "like me."

But like you said, we both AGREED that it was the way things were said, and not just the beliefs, that was the problem. I want you to be a part of this community. I feel you have something to offer it. But our agreement has to work both ways. It can't have me making you feel like an outsider on the brink of another banning, and it can't have you taking subtle jabs and implying that you were mistreated.

I hope you see what I'm trying to get at here.

Originally Posted by Yoda
The thing is, I feel it's the other way around. I, too, thought we had an understanding, but you seem to look for opportunities to undermine it, as if you still feel you've been wronged. What else are you referring to with posts like the one further up this page? Django said that people were banned for "political beliefs" and "standing up for what they believe in." Nebbit said "like who?" and you said "like me."

But like you said, we both AGREED that it was the way things were said, and not just the beliefs, that was the problem. I want you to be a part of this community. I feel you have something to offer it. But our agreement has to work both ways. It can't have me making you feel like an outsider on the brink of another banning, and it can't have you taking subtle jabs and implying that you were mistreated.

I hope you see what I'm trying to get at here.
Yeah I get it. If I don't want to be treated like a victim, I shouldn't act like one.

Golgot, point taken.

Originally Posted by Golgot
Having said that tho, Yods and the others admit they make mistakes. And they keep any deleted arguments on file it seems. Which is cool - coz i do like to know why people get banned too
Thanks for bringing that up, actually. I'd like to echo it; with very few exceptions, deleted posts are kept available and can be made public on request if anyone wishes to examine the legitimacy of a deletion or ban. Things that are totally, completely deleted generally include duplicate threads and outright spam, though the latter is usually saved in some form, too, just in case.

I won't take any such request as a personal challenge, either. I'll give anyone the benefit of the doubt if they'd like to see why a person was banned.

Yea i'll try and rad english in future.
I know what you wrote, but i guess your contridiction went over your head.
That's a fair point altho a little one sided, but while everyone like you is hating when will the vilolence stop?

Originally Posted by Tea Barking
You hate hitler who hated jews, yet you hate a jewish state and you don't consider yourself racist? I supose you think nazi hitler wasen't racist either. Your not the president of iran are you?
Maybe you should hate a little less.

Sorry that was off topic but good grief...
Heh. Take a good, long look, Django. Still think the rep system is discouraging lively, open discussion?

Yea i'll try and rad english in future.
I know what you wrote, but i guess your contridiction went over your head.
That's a fair point altho a little one sided, but while everyone like you is hating when will the vilolence stop?

Maybe when you stop hating me for a missed "e". You completely are misunderstanding what I am saying.

for the third time i hate israel almost as much as i hate hitler.

This has nothing to do with the fact that both subjects involve jews. I would hate hitler just as much if it were just catholics that were killed.

Do you get this yet? I'm being alot more general and broad than you seem to be "reading" into this lol.

But you sohuldn't hate isreal, it makes you no better than hitler.
I don't hate northen ireland for the ira campains, or the germans for two world wars.
More love less hate and all that

But you sohuldn't hate isreal, it makes you no better than hitler.
I don't hate northen ireland for the ira campains, or the germans for two world wars.
More love less hate and all that
Right. Well when the next hitler comes, don't hate him. Love him like a neighbor and see how much he loves you .

Me on the other hand, I'm a lovable guy.

The british didn't hate the germans during wartime

there's a frog in my snake oil
Heheheh. Cool, a can of worms gets opened, then turns into a worm dance . Momentarily tho i suspects...so....

If you guys wanna explore the hate and the love involved in the Israel situation, you might wanna take it to another thread now tho .

Play nice now y'here

---
EDIT
---

Oh damn, Tea started the next phase of the dance already. Tea, yes they did, and i'll happily argue with both you gentlemen about it all on another thread.

Originally Posted by Yoda
Heh. Take a good, long look, Django. Still think the rep system is discouraging lively, open discussion?
There you go, stealing credit again!

I'd say it was my posts about your abusive rep point system that have stimulated some lively, open discussion.

Credit where credit is due, I say.

Well actually....... i won't go on here lol

I got negative repped! I swear it's a conspiracy

Edit: No hard feelings tho eq we just have differnt opinions

Originally Posted by darkhorse
There you go, stealing credit again!

I'd say it was my posts about your abusive rep point system that have stimulated some lively, open discussion.

Credit where credit is due, I say.
oh boy lol.

Originally Posted by Equilibrium
oh boy lol.
Okay, I admit that what I said there was kind of melodramatic! Sorry 'bout that! *Sheepish *

Well actually....... i won't go on here lol

I got negative repped! I swear it's a conspiracy

Edit: No hard feelings tho eq we just have differnt opinions
Yea i know, but I didnt neg rep you in case you didnt notice. I dont think i have ever neg repped. Well there was that one time in that thread where everyone was neg repping each other for kicks...that was fun but then yoda changed it to say your name next to whoever you rep lol.

yea sorry i didn't mean you lol

Arresting your development
Originally Posted by undercoverlover
I can't help myself, I love reps! I'm a rep-aholic and I love it. I'm also a mel point lover, will dance for mel points!

Quick! She's 18 now... give me a Mel Point!